PDA

View Full Version : Nothing cool goes with Hannah

Hannah
29th January 2012, 02:54 PM
Welcome to my lovely journal-thing. I have been debating starting one of these for a while, mostly because I haven't got a clue what to talk about, but since I need a source of procrastination this semester maybe this thing can assist me.

Well... first off I want to talk about how angry I am at myself that I spent $600 on a fancy camera that is only 14 megapixels--albeit a DSLR-- and whose battery holds for only one ******* hour before it stops taking pictures (which it does, strangely enough, once the battery is at 30%.. what?). I was out in the snow yesterday taking pictures of my dog and lo and behold the damned thing stops working after about 15 minutes. Coooooool. My dog is also an ***hole and doesn't like to stay still for pictures and spent nearly all that time with her face buried in what I'm sure she suspects is a mouse hole.
Here are some pics I got of the wimpy snow and my jerk dog.
http://i.imgur.com/PyIMy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/L0DHC.jpg

Not much else to talk about, really. I am supposed to be working on a dumb thing for my "Fundamentals of Web Programming" class but it's a joke, I've basically got to copy an entire tacky website from the book done solely in basic HTML complete with imagemaps and other assorted crap nobody uses. I suppose I should get started now but I really don't want to :(

I will try to update this thing whenever, but I might forget about it... sorry in advance!

Mantis
29th January 2012, 03:12 PM
Those photos are pretty good, and your jerk dog blends in with the snow quite awesomely. I can see why you're pissed off, but DSLRs do tend to be power guzzlers. Are you certain your memory card's a high enough capacity, and are you able to return it? I'll assume if your class is like most newby web programming beginner classes, you're using a WYSIWYG editor. God forbid, hopefully not Frontpage. I should get more into Dreamweaver, but HTML just isn't flexible enough for my needs and PHP takes a lot of dedication to master.

p.s. You should be able to purchase a better battery for your camera, but I'm sure you know this already.

Hannah
29th January 2012, 03:26 PM
No, we aren't using WYSIWYG editors yet. I've heard those come later, and I think we'll use Dreamweaver. I actually didn't know people used things like that commercially--I've taught myself how to make really complicated CSS-based layouts without any fancy programs and whatnot. Probably a complete waste of time, whoops >.<

And nah, I've had my camera for over a year, I just haven't used it a whole lot. Can't really be bothered to order a new battery, and since there's only one store on this side of the state that sells fancy batteries and they haven't got it, I'll just have to deal with it.

Mantis
29th January 2012, 03:41 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/e66n1v.jpg (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=dslr+battery+%5Binsert+name+of+camera+model+h ere%5D&_sacat=See-All-Categories)

Also, although I'm not proficient when it comes to CSS (I can do some things of course), feel free to send me a message if you want any feedback on your work.

Kokirininja
30th January 2012, 12:16 AM
Despite all the issues with your camera the picture quality looks really amazing. Way better than what I have for sure. The only time we used dream-weaver during our course was to check for java-script errors..(that section was tough). Other than the editor we used was Notepad++ Was a very fun and easy class. And your class is already starting to sound like ours haha, have fun with that :D

lloydSSJ4
30th January 2012, 07:00 AM
Those photos look good. Mostly, because I'm used to the sh*tty 5 megapixel camera on my phone, with the dirty lens. I feel real sorry for your dog. Then again, I bet she is a bitch...

Hannah
30th January 2012, 04:58 PM
Excuse you Lloyd! Actually wait...yes she is.

Kokiri- thanks! I've used notepad++ before and I just realized it'd make this boring mass of HTML go a lot quicker. Thanks for the reminder :D

Kokirininja
30th January 2012, 06:11 PM
Haha, your welcome XD

Mantis
30th January 2012, 06:17 PM
I use Notepad++ too. It's great. :) The fact it has tab support makes it even better.

Hannah
30th January 2012, 10:24 PM
Well, today was nothing too special. Woke up at 4 AM, which is better than not sleeping the night before classes, but only marginally as I am already exhausted and it's not even dinner time. Mantis has instructed me to start sleeping in til 7, so I'm going to attempt that tonight. Other than yawning, today I rewatched a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop between classes and ended up sitting next to a ton of noisy breathers in my classes. Their noses could have passed for kazoos. I'm really bad with little distractions like that, or people humming/whispering/whatever, so I was pretty grumpy. D: I mean it's not as if you can say "Hey **** stop breathing", can you? Hmm...

Oh and I got this new desk ages ago and I have no idea how to organize it, it's massive! I've moved my speakers since I took this photo (lol whoops acoustics) but I still don't like everything being in the corner... also I am too short to see my screen clearly (the top fades to weird darkness because it slants away from me) so I think I need a new/second monitor. First world problems, I guess.
http://i.imgur.com/S8sqI.jpg
Wooo clean stuff! That didn't last long.

Mantis
31st January 2012, 12:31 AM
When my sleep was really bad in the recent past, I found the best solution to not falling asleep in the day is to play FPS games. At least, that worked for me. Probably because of the immersion and anxiety from it, if you're up against tough opponents. I didn't instruct you to sleep in! :P Now I seem like a bad influence. And well, perhaps a lot of people will have colds lately? Still, I know what you mean, and how it is to be sensitive to noise. Although you probably have enough pride to not do this, I've simply walked out of a study session partway into it because I knew I wouldn't be able to concentrate because of the distractions.

That desk is fantastic. I also love the wheelie chair. Is that faux or real leather? ;) Also, it has adjustable height, so why can't you use that to see the screen properly? You should check to see if your graphics card supports two monitors.

As for the poster: "But honesty's forever!" :)

Kokirininja
31st January 2012, 12:49 AM
Is it sad that the first thing that caught my eye was the shellder figurine? XD That's awesome btw. Loving the desk too. All I have is a little tiny corner desk. Really sucks for all that I have. Forced to stick my second monitor on a nightstand. Overall nice room though. Wish I had some carpet like yours. The land lord put some really crappy stuff in here that she didn't even measure correctly because I have little waves in it haha.

And I know how you feel... Throughout my internet programming class there was this one girl that sat next to me that constantly breathed loud, popped her knuckles, chewed on her fingernails, she had this awful stench too like she never bathed or something :sick: GAH! she drove me insane!

Hannah
31st January 2012, 10:24 AM
The chair was like $99 at Staples, so I'm pretty sure it's faux. :P Oh and there is also this super tall skinny asian med student that sits next to me every morning on the bus for some reason and I swear he is the LOUDEST breather ever, omg. And he sits in the aisle seat so I'm like trapped in. That isn't nearly as bad as the sassy ghetto chicks playing their crap music from their cell phones, though. They're also notorious for starting fights and stuff at the transfer station/in the back of the bus. I guess I could go on about annoying people on the bus for a while... there are so many weirdos on it. ><

Kokiri--Haha I actually have a lot more figurines than just the Shellder! There are some times when I wish I'd just gotten a normal smaller desk, especially since I don't really have room for my TV or a place to store all my games.
That girl sounds awful, I don't know how you dealt with that for an entire semester D:

Hannah
1st February 2012, 11:02 PM
TODAY IS STUPID.

I lost allllllllllllllllll my Fundamentals of Web Programming files so now I have to do them all over again. D: Grrrrrrrr!! At least I got my Best Buy job application sent in... I hope they hire me, I keep finding stuff I want but I don't have any money, yet of course when I actually had a job I couldn't find anything to spend it on. There's a bunch of anime I want to buy and I want to renew my xbox gold subscription, among other assorted crap.

Welp, I'm in class now so I should probably work on rewriting ALL THAT DUMB CODE.... four entire pages of obnoxious id/hrefs. Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuu

Kokirininja
2nd February 2012, 12:49 AM
Really sorry to hear that :'( That happened to me last year. Somebody stole my flash drive which had all my classes on it including my internet programming course. So I had nothing to reference back to and had to redo my most current assignment at that time. Well I really hope you get called in and get the job! ^^ And best of luck with your 4 pages. Really does suck that you have to redo it all..

AsherTheWilliams
2nd February 2012, 01:42 AM
Data is a fickle mistress. 8)

So will Best Buy be your first job,
or have you been in this rodeo before?
I have been milking the full time student gig myself.

Hannah
2nd February 2012, 02:12 AM
Nah I had a job in the electronics department at Target, but I quit because it was awful and they never gave me any hours.

Great respect for the full-time studentness. I'm taking 12 credits this semester, but it's so easy that I don't have to study much. I don't think I'd survive 12+ credits of hard stuff. :s

AsherTheWilliams
3rd February 2012, 03:41 AM
I've never been lucky enough to have a 12 hour semester.
My university charges a flat rate set at 15 hours worth,
and I am not gonna give these people free money. 8)
Taking 16 right now.

I respect the working student though.
That's a large time commitment.
Keep it up!
And have some good fun with all that spending money. :D

Hannah
3rd February 2012, 06:12 PM
Flat rates sound silly (and pricey) D: My community college is like $128/credit hour and you have to have at least 12 to get financial aid, so I take the easiest route possible... although it is kind of crap because it's only like $60/credit hour in California. Wat?

Anyway I'm sure this weekend won't be anything too special. I'll probably play TF2/SC2/WoW all weekend. I've also been playing through The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile for the billionth time, on the same difficulty I always do because I'm scared to try it on ninja mode. I think it was only like $8 on xbox arcade or whatever that part is, so if you're looking for an amusing bloody fun game, you might want to try it out.

Today has started off well... home alone all day listening to the Misfits and eating rice+gim and cupcakes. I should be on Iron Chef or Hell's Kitchen, I would definitely impress Ramsey:
http://i.imgur.com/VIRJV.jpg

I have to finish a lot of coding crap and write a 3-5 page essay about "someone very close to you that's changed significantly"... I hate writing about sentimental crap like that. My Composition I teacher is a hippie yoga instructor that wears those weird toe-shoes (no hate for them, they look comfy) so I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time on sentimental crap this semester. I was going to write about the time my ex nearly brought an ax to a fight but that might be too shifty of a topic... no clue what my essay will end up being about. Probably my once-cool bff that joined a "gang" (you can hardly call them that when they're in Iowa) and turned into a trashy ****.

Aaaaand that's all I can think of for now. :D I will probably post some more boring info/pics later this weekend.

BaronOfStuff
7th February 2012, 07:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/VIRJV.jpg
I still don't know what the hell I am supposed to be looking at.

I have to finish a lot of coding crap and write a 3-5 page essay about "someone very close to you that's changed significantly"... I hate writing about sentimental crap like that.

Make stuff up. Like... well I don't know. In fact you should ignore this, I am well-known for dishing out shit advice without even thinking about what I am saying.

Hannah
7th February 2012, 10:49 PM
Don't insult my food!! :( That meal took me way too long to prepare. It really does look pathetic though, doesn't it...

I still have no ****ing clue what I'm going to write my essay on. D: Probably one of the twelve bajillion friends I had in elementary school that ended up moving away.

Hannah
12th February 2012, 07:59 PM
Hmmmmmmm well nothing has been happening recently really. I scored 100% on my first programming test, however I took one of the assignments off some random page on the internet and turns out it was shitty so I got a 15/20 for one of the homeworks. Boooo. I'm sending in my financial aid appeal tomorrow (I accidentally got a 1.9 last semester and I needed a 2.0, oops) so hopefully I get the financial aid back... otherwise I'm going to have to ask my mom to pay my tuition this semester and I'll probably get slaughtered. That would be shitty.

Nothing else to say here really... I guess I'm considering moving my 40" TV to my tiny little room but that might not happen since there's nowhere to put it. Right now I'm just working on my application to Best Buy (do y'all have that in England? Probably not... well it's a chain electronics store if you don't know) which is right next door to my old job. I'd be a customer service rep, which is pretty much what I did at Target for a year, so I do hope I get the job.

Umm yeah... no pictures this time, sorry D: I also apologize for bad grammar and awkward sentence structure, I somehow ended up staying up til 8am "last night". >.<

Heresiarch Grimm
12th February 2012, 08:08 PM
We have Comet and Currys for electronics stuff in the UK, though Best Buy rings a bell.

Also, well done on the test.

BaronOfStuff
12th February 2012, 08:15 PM
Hmmmmmmm well nothing has been happening recently really. I scored 100% on my first programming test, however I took one of the assignments off some random page on the internet and turns out it was shitty so I got a 15/20 for one of the homeworks. Boooo. I'm sending in my financial aid appeal tomorrow (I accidentally got a 1.9 last semester and I needed a 2.0, oops) so hopefully I get the financial aid back... otherwise I'm going to have to ask my mom to pay my tuition this semester and I'll probably get slaughtered. That would be shitty.

Nothing else to say here really... I guess I'm considering moving my 40" TV to my tiny little room but that might not happen since there's nowhere to put it. Right now I'm just working on my application to Best Buy (do y'all have that in England? Probably not... well it's a chain electronics store if you don't know) which is right next door to my old job. I'd be a customer service rep, which is pretty much what I did at Target for a year, so I do hope I get the job.

I read all that and then forgot what it said. Erm, well done, better luck next time, yes we have something similar over here and they're not something to pursue a career in?

Umm yeah... no pictures this time, sorry D: I also apologize for bad grammar and awkward sentence structure, I somehow ended up staying up til 8am "last night". >.<

Now this wasn't my fault and I refuse to take even minor responsibility for this. I went to sleep, and then for some reason you were still up and watching Zardoz 8 hours later. In fact I was helpful in making you go to sleep, because I am so incredibly dull. See? You're asleep again already. Einheit verloren.

Hannah
13th February 2012, 03:34 PM
I was not watching Zardoz!...though I might tomorrow. And it wasn't really YOU, it was your d*** carrot.

Thanks Grimm :D

Erm well today has started out bad. I have already missed my first two-hour class and I am about to be 10 minutes late for my second one. Also this guy asked me out for coffee and I didn't know that meant GO ON A DATE WITH ME PLZ ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff and I just saw he has posted a SAP meme on his Facebook status depicting the situation, complete with a sad face (because I haven't replied to him with a time even though he asked well over two weeks ago). COME ON. FUCK. I don't know whether to feel guilty or stupid but anyway I have no idea how to address this situation without seeming like an asshole so my afternoon will be spent pondering that.

BaronOfStuff
13th February 2012, 03:49 PM
Semi-relevant:
http://t.qkme.me/3612oi.jpg

Hur hur hur.

Heresiarch Grimm
13th February 2012, 04:34 PM
Just say as nicely as you can "I wasn't aware that THIS is what you meant." If that backfires then say sorry and leave. Best way I can think of how to handle the situation.

Also, Thought up those two poke-requests yet?

Hannah
13th February 2012, 05:27 PM
All that comes to mind are really crude, immature names so you probably shouldn't let me name anything.

Could you do one of these?
http://pixeldripgallery.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ugly_pokemon_by_EatToast.jpg

And also I demand a vileplume (since you are a water-type hater). Name it 'flower', uncapsed :D

Heresiarch Grimm
13th February 2012, 06:40 PM
Would you rather the Geodude be a Golem? I'll happily do either. Retrieving an Eevee shouldn't be too hard either.

The Geodude / Golem would be named "Stoner", The Eevee would depend on if I made it Jolteon or Flareon (My Anti-Water is non-existant but so's my anti flying and anti-grass)

Hannah
13th February 2012, 10:22 PM
If you have water you can annihilate flying, can't you? ICEBEEEEEEEEEEEEM

Too bad you can't get a Leafeon :( If you end up doing a playthrough of a later game, I demand you get one! (Now that I've said that its stats are going to be absolutely terrible I'm sure.) If I remember correctly Flareon has a horrible move pool and Jolteon is crazy squishy/has some useless stat makeup. If you got Espeon, you could at least take care of grass types... although Jolteon would probably take care of all the E4 water and flying types (assuming it doesn't get OHKO'd by Lapras)... Hmmm...

edit: I forgot to actually answer your question. Yes, Golem is very acceptable (:

Heresiarch Grimm
14th February 2012, 06:24 AM
Water's pretty much covered at the moment (Gyarados, Feraligatr, Kingler, Tentacool, Kabuto. Even Tyranitar can learn Surf when I get it). Flareon's moves aren't that bad but Jolteon learns almost everything under the sun (Double kick, Pin Missile, Thunder, Agility).

I could TRY and pull off an Espeon / Umbreon as well.

Water and Flying are the least of my concerns in Gen 2. The Leaders are Psychic, Bug, Fighting, Dark in that order (Spot the reason why for a reward).

Psychic I have no problem against, the same goes for Bug. I suppose I can try and brute force fighting (lawl puns) and Dark is always a pain to fight (Though Ariados is gonna help a lot).

Then I have Dragon Boy to deal with (Though my secret weapon should fix him really well).

In short, The Eevee really is up to you, just don't pick the water one and I'd PREFER the Psychic one but fire, dark and lightning are just fine as well.

Hannah
3rd March 2012, 03:28 AM
Sorry I've been so bad about updating this. I warned you guys I'd forget! Not a lot has been happening as of late. I got hired at Best Buy (fuck yeah) and the employee discount is AMAZING. It's whatever the company bought the product for (so manufacturer price) plus 5%. I can actually get HDMI cables for like $3 without having to order them online, yay!! I'm also curious to see what the video game prices are like... I can't test this out until the 24th because you have to have been working there for a month before you get a discount. Sort of shitty, but I get why. I'm spending my first day out on the floor tomorrow--I got hired as a PC/Home Office sales associate, which is the department that gets like 40% of my store's revenue, so I'm sure it will be absolutely horrible and busy. I do make like $1 above minimum wage though which is cool.

Ermmm what else? ...um... I'm currently playing through Portal for the thousandth time. I'm dying to try out Portal 2 co-op but nobody I know has it for the 360, which is absolute bull*****. I'm also trying to play through Demon Stone, but I'm stuck on this fucking horrid level with a mountain troll boss (that's for whatever reason trying to catapault snowballs into some castle) that one-shots all of the 3 PCs. ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Yeah, that's about it. OH and I'm failing microeconomics, hooray! The further I get into school the more I think I'm just not cut out for it right now. I'm thinking about taking the next year or two off and working/moving, but I dunno if I can be bothered, and people keep yelling at me about how "most people don't return" after they've taken time off. Yeah, I wouldn't want to either--and I don't even know what I want my degree in, so it seems silly to waste my time. Meh, I'll figure it out eventually I suppose. All I want right now is some crap apartment to myself and maybe a cat or something. :D

darkbetter
3rd March 2012, 06:35 AM
Lol Hannah \ :D / Nice job you got .....

AsherTheWilliams
3rd March 2012, 06:49 AM
Hang in there Hannah.
Do what you gotta do,
but it never hurts to think about the long term.

Mantis
6th March 2012, 09:01 PM
Hmm. I might get Portal 2. You see, I have an Amazon voucher. I'll need to think about this, though. If a MGS: HD Collection deal popped up, well... :)

Still, I liked the original Portal a lot (if a little bit overrated) so I'd consider getting the sequel if you haven't found someone already. (Since I don't really know many who have it and I hear it's highly co-op-driven.)

Hannah
17th March 2012, 02:47 AM
Mantis, if you do get Portal 2 for the 360, let me know. I still need someone to play it with... didn't see your post before! D: My gamertag is j0ystealer if you (or anybody) want to add me (+5000 points to anyone who knows what that's from, because nobody does really).

Hmm, well, not much has been happening lately. My birthday has come and passed, and now it's off to work I go! Well, not yet, but I do have to work tomorrow from 10-4. Bleh. They haven't given me my fancy Best Buy shirt yet, but apparently I'm getting it Sunday, which I'll be super grateful for since currently my shirt is a thick cotton dress shirt that makes me overheat and die and generally look disheveled. I got paid today, yay! They're basically paying me through this debit card thing which is absolutely amazing because I haven't bothered getting a checking account yet. My first paycheck was a lot more than I expected, and now I have no idea what to do with all this money D: I'm going to Vegas to watch another StarCraft II tournament on April 5th so I'll probably just save it for that.

So far I love my job. My managers are amazing and most all of my coworkers are cool (save for this one slob with a shitty beard that won't stop texting me/asking me to dinner. LEARN TO TAKE A HINT), and the pay is pretty good. I'm hoping to get a full time position by this summer/fall if I don't end up moving out.

Erm, yeah, that's all really. Nothing too exciting happening in Hannah-land right now. I'll update again when I have something interesting to say (which probably won't be until Vegas). ^^

BaronOfStuff
17th March 2012, 01:08 PM
one slob with a shitty beard

The photo... oh Christ, that ****ing photo!

Mantis
17th March 2012, 01:12 PM
What photo? O_o

Anyway, glad to hear the job's going well. I'm a bit low on cash since I've spent a bit on the website. You may need to wait until the beginning of next month, if you can hang on. I'll add you on Xbox Live though. You should get Doritos Crash Course, lolol. Hmm, "joy stealer" just makes me think of "killjoy".

Hannah
22nd June 2012, 03:07 PM
Ermm hi!
I've been gone for a while considering I forgot my password and my reset email was being derpy, but I'm gonna try to get on here a bit more. I've been working like 40 hours a week (even though I was hired to be part time and should be making $1/hour more for working over 32 hours... oops) and I must say I absolutely detest my job now. It's commission-style sales tactics without the commission. Basically my job is to sell "services" (lol) from Geek Squad with every computer/tablet that we sell, and if I don't sell enough each week I get a 'talking to'. Naturally I don't like weaseling people out of their hard-earned money ($100 for a PC Setup seems evil) so my attach percentage is shitty and my boss hates me. Yay! :D

Aside from my shite job, other things are going... well, alright I suppose. I have to start paying back my $5,000 student loan in October (surprise, government loans are high-interest... fuck me for thinking otherwise) and I've decided to live at home for another year or two until that's paid off. Thankfully I get to move into the bigger bedroom this week, which will be a painful process but it's twice as big as the tiny one I'm in now (see earlier post).

I've been playing a lot of Mass Effect 3 recently, which I am completely dismal at--I play a vanguard, which is probably why--and of course Diablo III, which is really quite good. Oh, and somebody help, I literally cannot stop playing Minecraft and it's becoming unhealthy D:

Also, my laptop's fizzled out, so I'm thinking about buying an iPad (since all I do on it is watch Netflix and carry it around places, and it's cheaper). Opinions? (inb4 Apple hate)

Heresiarch Grimm
22nd June 2012, 04:45 PM
I myself have only just started Mass Effect 1. I can safely say that it's fun, but repetitive. Does the Infiltrator get any better in ME 2 or 3? Sniper rifles feel "meh" in Mass Effect, as does the soldier class on the whole.

Minecraft's fun. Especially when Redneck Mining is involved!

iPads are alright, they're kinda like massive iPods that do more things. I've not got one myself, but I've seen them in use. Have you not considered a Netbook or other such things?

Hannah
24th June 2012, 01:23 AM
I sell both iPads and Netbooks at my work, so I know quite a bit about them... I'd want an iPad mostly for the pretty retina display. Netbooks don't have enough RAM to do anything useful D:

I actually can't speak about Mass Effect 1 or 2 because I haven't personally played either of them (just watched friends play them). I don't like sniper classes in general either, so I really have no input there :P I play a vanguard and sentinel, and they're both quite fun, as are engineers.

vijay
2nd July 2012, 05:15 AM
In reason of all the problems, the quality of your camera looks really amazing. I am sure there are better. The dream of weaving we use in our courses is only a check Java script problems ..