PDA

View Full Version : My Journal: One day at a time...

OSRed1
7th February 2012, 03:48 PM
Figured I would like to participate in this forum. I am in my last semester of college, waiting for the days to fly by. Not sure where I'm going after this, but it will surely be a fun ride. That's enough about me... I'm constantly looking for new animes to watch. Currently waiting Samurai Champloo for the first time. Seems entertaining so far. But have to move forward. Over and out for now...

Kokirininja
7th February 2012, 05:07 PM
Glad you could join us Red. And I'm sitting in the same boat as you right now. Not sure If I'm gonna continue my education or jump into a job. Not much time left to decide :sick:

As for some new animes I can give you a few to check out: Black Lagoon, Full Metal Panic, Canaan, Darker than Black, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, and Last Exile. I've got plenty more recommendations but I'm not exactly sure what genres your into. Also most of these shows can be found on netflix if you happen to have it.

AsherTheWilliams
7th February 2012, 06:35 PM
I've still got a few years left myself.
But I surely don't look forward to dealing with that.

I'd recommend just one for now.
Seeing as you show an interest in action series with depth,
might I suggest Gundam the 8th MS Team.
A personal favorite of my own.

lloydSSJ4
7th February 2012, 06:42 PM
Welcome to the forum man. I don't have a lot of anime to recommend. Perhaps you should check out Planetes.

OSRed1
12th February 2012, 02:56 AM
New day: Working a lot and doing school work. Need more time to watch anime!

OSRed1
16th February 2012, 05:23 AM
Another day, another journal. Going through a busy schedule now. School work starting to get more difficult. Have to keep chugging along. Worked 5 days straight with one more to go. Still need more time to watch anime. My pace for Samurai Champloo is way too slow right now! One episode a week is not enough. Enjoying my sports right now

AsherTheWilliams
16th February 2012, 05:55 AM
No sir, one a week is not enough.
MARATHON TIME!!!

Mantis
19th February 2012, 11:53 AM
Yeah, just try and set one day in a weekend to just get through the series. :) I'd love to do a series marathon with somebody, but I don't really know anyone committed enough.

OSRed1
21st February 2012, 05:21 AM
Yeah, just try and set one day in a weekend to just get through the series. :) I'd love to do a series marathon with somebody, but I don't really know anyone committed enough.

I would love to that, but in the same regard, I don't like finishing my shows so quickly. But I'm working on it to watch more episodes more frequently just so the plot is continuous for me. And I don't really know anyone either who would be interested in doing a series marathon.[hr]
Journal #3: Starting to pick up the pace of Samurai Champloo. Very good thus far. School week resumes tomorrow. Gotta get my effort up. Last semester! Let's get it done! Work is so exhausting. Just glad to have some days off... Over and out for now.

AsherTheWilliams
21st February 2012, 08:29 PM
Come to my place, we'll marathon. 8)

OSRed1
23rd February 2012, 03:16 AM
New journal: Doing an essay. Shouldn't be on here right now but what are you going to do. lol. Got the craving to watch some more Samurai Champloo. Have to resist the temptation...

Kokirininja
23rd February 2012, 07:16 PM
Best of luck with the essay, and I'm very bad with procrastination. If I was in your shoes I'd be on the forum and probably would have watched two episodes of champloo before finally working on it XD

OSRed1
24th February 2012, 03:53 PM
Best of luck with the essay, and I'm very bad with procrastination. If I was in your shoes I'd be on the forum and probably would have watched two episodes of champloo before finally working on it XD

Funny you say that. I actually watched an episode of Samurai Champloo, and then finished the essay. :P

OSRed1
28th February 2012, 05:49 AM
New journal: Can't...get...to...sleep. LOL. Gonna have to watch some Samurai Champloo before I go to sleep. Long day tomorrow with school. Can't wait to get home and relax. Good night for now...

OSRed1
2nd March 2012, 05:06 PM
Another day: Don't you hate when you have three classes on a day, and the middle class gets cancelled? Ugh! Just trying to stall time. Updated a lot of my Facebook profile pics (as some of you may have noticed, :) ) One more class, and then I'm done! That's a good thing. Long day tomorrow: Full day of work and then six games of bowling! Going to be exhausted. But it is what it is... Out for now!

OSRed1
5th March 2012, 03:38 AM
Journal: Splitting headache! So tired... Gonna catch some Z's early tonight. Anything else interesting to say? Nothing comes to mind. School tomorrow. Ugh. Not looking forward to that. Only a few months left though. Getting closer to that finish line...

Kokirininja
5th March 2012, 03:47 AM
I didn't have my middle class canceled but I did get done with my second to last class an hour early so we stayed in there and waited an hour for our next class only to find out that it was canceled haha XD And I really don't want to go to classes tomorrow either -_- Well hope that headache disappears soon. Rest well man.

OSRed1
6th March 2012, 03:37 AM
I didn't have my middle class canceled but I did get done with my second to last class an hour early so we stayed in there and waited an hour for our next class only to find out that it was canceled haha XD And I really don't want to go to classes tomorrow either -_- Well hope that headache disappears soon. Rest well man.

Thanks. Took some Motrin and that healed it right up. School was alright today. But back again tomorrow.

OSRed1
8th March 2012, 04:45 AM
New journal: Continuing Samurai Champloo...Finally! Going onto episode 5. School tomorrow but it's a short day and no work! WOO HOO! Looking forward to the weekend for some well deserved R&R. Well that's about it for now. Until we meet again...

OSRed1
13th March 2012, 03:56 PM
New day: Two midterms today! Oh no! Didn't really study, but I should do ok. Time will tell on that I guess. Still need to continue Samurai Champloo. Between school and work, I never have time! I need to find time to get my fill of anime! Just going to make a point to watch maybe 5 episodes in a day just to get up to pace. I've only gotten through 4 and that disappoints me. It's good, I just need more time! That's it for now! Wish me luck on my midterms...

Hannah
13th March 2012, 09:28 PM
Best of luck!
Midterms are the worst :S

Kokirininja
14th March 2012, 04:21 AM
Hope you did well on the midterms man. I hate the wait to find out how I did... And I know the feeling with watching shows except I actually have quite a bit of time now. Over the summer though I had two jobs. Internship with the school from 8am-2pm then Walmart from 3pm to 10pm and by that time I was exhausted and didn't have time for much anything really.

OSRed1
16th March 2012, 05:17 AM
New journal: Hoping to get the results of those midterms tomorrow. Think I did ok. Last day tomorrow. Then Spring Break! Finally some time to catch up on my anime! Yes!!!

OSRed1
20th March 2012, 05:41 AM
New Journal: SPRING BREAK! WOO HOO!

Mantis
20th March 2012, 02:36 PM
Have fun man.

AsherTheWilliams
20th March 2012, 09:13 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Luigi/PARTY%20HARD/Weege-Party-Hard.gif

Enjoy it my friend. :D

OSRed1
26th March 2012, 05:01 AM
New journal: Back to school tomorrow... But it seems like the break just started! Oh well...

Kokirininja
26th March 2012, 05:31 AM
I feel the same way man, definitely not looking forward to classes tomorrow...... -__-

OSRed1
27th March 2012, 03:54 PM
New journal: Back at school since yesterday. Realized I should be happy because it just means I'm one step closer to the finish line. And finally making some progress in Samurai Champloo. Great show. I'm up to episode 14! Looking forward to watching more

Kokirininja
27th March 2012, 05:04 PM
On the same track as you. Trying to take care of everything now so the rest of this school year is smooth sailing and over with. And glad to hear your getting farther in champloo, its a pretty great show. Definitely one of my favorites.

AsherTheWilliams
27th March 2012, 11:24 PM
I need to watch it in full.
Only caught a few episodes when it was on Adult Swim.
Including the last one.
Can't say I'm a fan of the end.

But I am sure if I watched it from start to finish I would appreciate it more.

OSRed1
30th March 2012, 03:52 PM
New journal: Another day in paradise! lol. Just on another break at schooll But it is Friday! Weekend, here we come! Samurai Champloo update: Watch through episode 19! Glad I am getting through it. Hope to finish is by next week. Basketball update: Glad the Heat beat the Mavericks last night! Can't wait for the playoffs! That's it for now...

Kokirininja
31st March 2012, 05:21 AM
Enjoy the weekend and enjoy champloo! ^^

OSRed1
3rd April 2012, 03:25 PM
New journal: Another school break. Didn't have the chance to watch anymore SC. Hoping to resume tonight. Everything's going good otherwise...

Mantis
3rd April 2012, 04:33 PM
Have fun. I hate putting a series (in progress) on hold since sometimes I forget some of what happened when I resume.

Kokirininja
4th April 2012, 04:57 AM
Awesome that your getting these breaks, wish I had more :D

There's quite a bit of shows I left on hold for quite a while and now I feel like I have to rewatch them from the beginning because its been to long for instance with naruto which is never going to happen. Wayyyy too many episodes XD

OSRed1
6th April 2012, 03:42 AM
New journal: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN! Only 4 episodes left of Samurai Champloo. Oh yeah! But wait, this means I will need to figure out a new anime to watch soon...

Kokirininja
6th April 2012, 03:48 AM
Woohoo! Hope you enjoy the last episodes. I can help you with your next show choice but gonna need to know what shows you've seen or the types you're interested in.

OSRed1
6th April 2012, 03:49 AM
Woohoo! Hope you enjoy the last episodes. I can help you with your next show choice but gonna need to know what shows you've seen or the types you're interested in.

Thanks. Once I finish SC, I'll let you know what I've seen.

Kokirininja
6th April 2012, 03:51 AM
Alright cool ^^ And one question, are you using netflix?

OSRed1
6th April 2012, 03:53 AM
No. I'm watching on FUNimation's youtube page. I don't use Netflix.

Kokirininja
6th April 2012, 03:58 AM
Alright cool. Was just wondering. Do you mind subtitles, or do you prefer to watch shows dubbed?

OSRed1
6th April 2012, 04:01 AM
Honestly, dubbed is a lot more enjoyable for me.

Kokirininja
6th April 2012, 04:02 AM
Fair enough :D

OSRed1
7th April 2012, 03:49 AM
New journal: For those of you who "like" my Gene Starwind page on Facebook, you know that I just watched Baseball Blues from SC. This means I only have three episodes left! Almost done. No school today. Was gonna watch a movie but slept through the afternoon. lol. A nice easy day is always good though. Hoping to finish SC in the coming days. Should be good...

OSRed1
9th April 2012, 04:56 AM
New journal: ONE EPISODE LEFT OF SAMURAI CHAMPLOO! Took a while but I'm almost done. Curious to see what will happen! Back to school tomorrow after a nice three-day weekend...

OSRed1
10th April 2012, 03:08 PM
New journal: MISSION COMPLETE! Finished Samurai Champloo last night! Awesome anime! Glad I watched it. Now, to figure out what to watch next...

Mantis
10th April 2012, 09:15 PM
I'm glad you liked it, man! :cool: I'll certainly need to check it out at some point. Perhaps soon. As for your next anime, do you accept suggestions? If so, do you prefer anime targeted for children, teens, or adults? (By the latter I don't mean XXX of course!)

OSRed1
11th April 2012, 03:33 AM
I'm currently posting on the Gene Facebook page some ideas I've had. But I'm really open to any anime (though I suppose teens and adults would be better than children)

OSRed1
17th April 2012, 03:18 PM
New journal: Another break at school. Didn't start The Big O yet. Hope to start it tonight. Looking forward to finally watching it. Really tired right now. Got school and then work! Long day.

OSRed1
25th April 2012, 03:45 AM
New journal: 5 episodes into The Big O. I'm enjoying it, I must say. Winding down to the last couple weeks of school. Then I'm done...FOREVER (unless I go to graduate school at some point, but still). Just taking it day by day. Over and out...

Kokirininja
27th April 2012, 02:21 PM
Hope your last few weeks go well man. And enjoy the show. I haven't personally finished the Big 0 myself. I lost interest about a thirds way in :S

OSRed1
27th April 2012, 03:48 PM
Hope your last few weeks go well man. And enjoy the show. I haven't personally finished the Big 0 myself. I lost interest about a thirds way in :S

So far it's still interesting to me. But I guess time will tell if I keep watching.

OSRed1
4th May 2012, 03:46 PM
New journal: It's been a bit since I've posted. Kind of overwhelmed with school and work. Almost done with school though. Through 9 episodes of The Big O, pretty good. Looking forward to pressing on. Funny hearing Spike Spiegel and Gene Starwind talking to one another (lol). Until we meet again...

OSRed1
14th May 2012, 05:53 AM
New journal: Last journal I'll be posting until I'm done with school. 4 finals in 3 days this week and then that's it! Through 12 episodes of The Big O now. Half way done. Happy with the progress. Also, enjoying the NBA playoffs. Let's go Heat!

OSRed1
26th May 2012, 04:06 AM
New journal: Been a couple weeks since I've posted. I am a college graduate! Woo hoo!!! Had my best GPA my past semester and beat the sickness known as Senioritis. Working full-time at my job now. And lastly, still working on finishing The Big O. 9 episodes to go. That's it for now...

OSRed1
9th July 2012, 05:03 AM
New journal: It's been quite a while since I posted, so figured I would check in. Many things are different since my last post! Big thing is my team the Miami Heat won the NBA Championship!!! It was so awesome watching them win it all. Secondly, I finished The Big O and was very pleased with it. A top-notch anime I would definitely recommend. Lastly, I have begun a new anime (Wolf's Rain) and am through 5 episodes. Seems pretty good. More serious and sad than anything but sometimes change is a good thing. That's it for now. Last thing: Hoping to finish up my Anten Seven Facebook pages finally! Over and out...