PDA

View Full Version : I-I'm n-not-t sc-ared!

TheMachetejoe
20th March 2012, 02:43 AM
Hello!! Eerrrr, =_='' I HAVEN'T SEEN A GOOD HORROR MOVIE IN A WHILE. So, what's the scariest movie you have ever watched? I'm not scared, nope. O.O''

Mantis
20th March 2012, 02:54 AM
Hmm. I'm finding it hard to list any really scary ones, probably because I've found psychologically scary video games to be much scarier than any films. I'll say that I found Child's Play rather scary as a kid (nine years old), but when I watched it again at a much older age I found it rather laughable. And it was my first horror film. I got pretty used to them after that.

The scary ones are those that really get into your head, rather than the jumpy horrors. Once again I recommend Audition. Whilst I don't think there are many scenes that will produce immediate fright, it's certainly got a lot of psychological horror that will slowly seep into your mind, and leave a lasting impression. Give it a try. It's barrels of fun. Once you get past that trial, maybe we can arrange watching a few other ones that are more controversail, eh Joe?

As far as Hollywood goes, I would recommend the remakes of The Ring/The Grudge. White Noise was okay, sorta crappy I guess. The first Paranormal Activity wasn't that scary and pretty average to be honest, and I heard the second was more of the same. Maybe you'll be more scared by it, so you may want to give it a go.

Aishaclanclanfan23
20th March 2012, 03:35 AM
Horror is my favorite type show/movie/anything. What type of horror films are you into? Mine are zombies as i love Zombies there my #1 favorite type of horror. For me i really have not seen something that is scary to me because really i dont believe in most of it. I try to find things to scare me aswell but i have yet to find something that was scary enough to scare me. The last few days all i have been thinking about is Zombies and what if there actually was Zombies haha... seriously i love zombies i guess if it was real then i guess id be more parnoid over it. Think the most coolest Zombie movie is the last Dawn of the Dead that came out about 7 years ago gore type. Action pact who cant love Resident Evil? <3! Then favorite Show is The Walking Dead... you cant beat the walking dead its so cool as it actually feels like a Movie your watching then a TV Show. Ive watched about 6 Horror movies in the last 2 days... The Ward, Zombie Apocalypse, High Lane, Hostel 3, The Walking Dead Eps 13, The Reef, and if you can say Troll Hunter (was corny as heck...). All these are good but 3 and i half to say Hostel 3 blows... Zombie A just is stupid... Troll Hunter i dont even see how they made this movie at all... seriously...[hr]
Mantis i use to have a My Buddy Doll and it use to scare me when i was a kid just because i could see it in the sling that was holding all the stuff animals up in the corner of my room and i could always see it and it seem like it was staring at me always....

OSRed1
20th March 2012, 06:35 AM
At a time, the movie Twister scared me horribly! Don't even want to think about it.

The Exorcist was quite frightening and just a hard movie to sit through. Horror movies aren't really exciting for me to watch

WiseNinja
21st March 2012, 05:19 AM
Child's Play was pretty creepy when I was a kid, the Chuckie doll left quite an impact on me. However, since then, I've only gotten startled a few times. Been a while since a horror movie actually scared me...

AsherTheWilliams
21st March 2012, 05:49 PM
I will recommend two.
Not necessarily the scariest movies I've seen, but quite enjoyable I'd say.

A personal fav.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/63/1408poster.jpg/220px-1408poster.jpg

A recent fright flick.
http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Kill-List-Poster-610x462.jpg

Aishaclanclanfan23
21st March 2012, 06:50 PM
1408 is a decent movie i liked it i have not seen the kill list. I think the best Zombie style foreign language is The Horde. Think it was a french made movie.

TheMachetejoe
26th March 2012, 05:12 AM
( Raises fist to the sky.) I SHALL WATCH THESE! ( The movies that you guys have suggested fallfrom the sky.) You all, I must thank thee for such suggestions.

Kokirininja
26th March 2012, 06:24 AM
I always avoid horror films because I'm quite the coward when it comes to that genre. If I ever get convinced to watch. My friends always make it through the film just fine and talk it off at the end. "Wow, that was suppose to be scary?" Me on the other-hand am traumatized and have images from the film flashing through my head for hours. Its so bad its actually hard to sleep and eventually I have to watch cartoons to drown the images out. I'll give you a list of the ones that haunted me for a while.

-Paranormal Activity
-Darkness Falls (this one scared me for years)
-It
-Jeepers Creepers
-Nightmare on Elm Street
-The Grudge
-The Woman in Black
-Dawn of the Dead
-Willard

I would list more but I can't remember them and I'd rather keep it that way XD They're be a lot of people that would call some of the movies absolutely terrible, but they scared me.

OSRed1
27th March 2012, 04:58 PM
I would highly recommend The Shining. Very different from any movie I've ever seen. It's not really "scary" per se, but it's got a fantastic plot.

BaronOfStuff
27th March 2012, 05:32 PM
I would highly recommend The Shining. Very different from any movie I've ever seen. It's not really "scary" per se, but it's got a fantastic plot.

This.

Just make sure it's Stanley Kubrick's masterpiece, and not the somewhat shoddy 1998 Made-For-TV two-parter (although it is much closer to the original book).

WiseNinja
31st March 2012, 09:16 PM
I'll vouch for the Kubrick classic as well.

Man that movie was awesome, I expected it to be overrated but was not disappointed at all. And yeah, it wasn't scary but definitely enticed suspense, at least for me. Can't say the same about any modern movies, pretty pathetic too considering all the technology we have now, you'd think they'd be able to do a better job more easily.

The blood splatter will never be forgotten...

blue_penguin123
5th April 2012, 08:18 AM
REC. Or Quarantine if you're more familiar with the American remake. Watched in th dark due to persuasion by my fiancÚ and our sons god dad. Let's just say I demanded to have the light on before we watched REC 2.

The remake of House on Haunted Hill was boring, and my dad got sick of me guessing who was going to die next and getting it right that he changed the channel. xD

BaronOfStuff
5th April 2012, 08:28 AM
The remake of House on Haunted Hill was boring, and my dad got sick of me guessing who was going to die next and getting it right that he changed the channel. xD

I don't know about 'boring', but it's certainly laughably predictable in guessing who's next to snuff it. I honestly found myself laughing through most of this film, although I may only find it entertaining because I've also seen some unbearably dull, utter crap.

Heresiarch Grimm
5th April 2012, 09:50 AM
The original Alien is considered scary by some.

I also recommend the original Halloween, Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street.

The remakes aren't that good in my opinion. Something just feels off with them.

Captain Starwind
5th April 2012, 05:47 PM
i was pretty freaked out by drag me to hell, but, then again, i was in the 8th grade when i last saw it, so, maybe i'm not that scared anymore.

blue_penguin123
6th April 2012, 09:55 PM
I love Nightmare on Elm Street yet I don't have it on dvd or anything :(

AsherTheWilliams
7th April 2012, 04:48 AM
Still too creeped out to try that one myself Blue. :S

OSRed1
7th April 2012, 04:57 AM
Still too creeped out to try that one myself Blue. :S

I've seen it. It is definitely a creepy concept. Watch it during the day (lol), and it shouldn't be as bad.

AsherTheWilliams
9th April 2012, 01:23 AM
Lights on, weapon ready.
Then I could probably get through her. :cool:

Mantis
9th April 2012, 01:24 AM
I watched Nightmare on Elm Street when I was a kid and it wasn't very scary.

AsherTheWilliams
9th April 2012, 01:36 AM
I was freaked out by Courage the Cowardly Dog though.
My horror constitution is rather weak.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq41tr3Clj1qmyb54o1_400.gif

Captain Starwind
9th April 2012, 03:19 AM
I was freaked out by Courage the Cowardly Dog though.
My horror constitution is rather weak.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq41tr3Clj1qmyb54o1_400.gif

i've only ever been freaked out by two courage episodes. The first one was the king ramses curse episode, and the second one is where he goes to the city. The last time i saw those episodes was 2001. even to this day i can't watch those episodes. i'm 17.

Aishaclanclanfan23
9th April 2012, 03:46 AM
haha i love courage I use to have a My Buddy doll when i was a kid and i was super scared of it when i saw the movie chucky i never played with it again.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/Cbears23/Anime%20Pictures/Playskool-278-MyBuddy-cropped.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/Cbears23/Anime%20Pictures/Chucky.jpg

I got so scared of it when i was a kid... tells you how old i am ;..; a 1985 doll scaring the shit out of me when i was a kid and mom was like here lay with my buddy and im like omg nooooooooooooooo ;..; throwing the thing off the bed everytime she walked out.

Mantis
9th April 2012, 04:04 AM
Bahaha, sorry but that's hilarious. :D It makes me think of how scary it would be as a kid to have a small rabbit doll that looks like Robbie the Rabbit from Silent Hill, then playing Silent Hill 4...

http://i.imgur.com/lhYDg.jpg?1

/me shudders.

Aishaclanclanfan23
9th April 2012, 04:13 AM
I think i only played the first 2 Silent hills maybe the 3rd one... its a good series i know ive beat the first one I beat one more but i think it was 2 but it could be wrong. I loved the movie as really i thought it was great... seriously waiting on movie 2 and i heard it was really because the guy that made that movie was put in jail for afew years for something he did but i think hes still going to make it i mean seriously i would.... if i was a filmaker id do Horror over anything else because i love horror and id probably do majority Zombie movies as im a crazy person over zombies.[hr]
I still have my My Buddy Doll i think its in my dads Attic seriously i had alot of old stuff like Popples money banks i had one of the first Micky Mouse Money banks back in the day and my brother had Donald duck.[hr]
Those banks was stolen by my older brothers and sold off and money taken. It was money saved for me and my other brother growing up with me. There are 4 of us all together as those other 2 brothers will take anything they can get there hands on back in the day only 1 is like that still and the other has changed alot.

OSRed1
9th April 2012, 06:03 AM
haha i love courage I use to have a My Buddy doll when i was a kid and i was super scared of it when i saw the movie chucky i never played with it again.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/Cbears23/Anime%20Pictures/Playskool-278-MyBuddy-cropped.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/Cbears23/Anime%20Pictures/Chucky.jpg

I got so scared of it when i was a kid... tells you how old i am ;..; a 1985 doll scaring the shit out of me when i was a kid and mom was like here lay with my buddy and im like omg nooooooooooooooo ;..; throwing the thing off the bed everytime she walked out.

Honestly, I find Chucky more hilarious than frightening, but it's probably because I'm older now.

AsherTheWilliams
9th April 2012, 06:05 AM
I think there's a buddy doll like that in my house somewhere...
Oh sweet Lord no... :S

Hiro9921
10th April 2012, 07:53 AM
Invasion of the body snatchers was pretty trippy for me...

Man I love courage the cowardly dog, though I think the only episode that was freaky to me was the one with the paper cut-outs of their silouettes that they get at some county fair.

BaronOfStuff
10th April 2012, 03:12 PM

That's largely due to Robert Englund hamming it up as Krueger. It's a good performance for the subject matter, but as you say it's not particularly scary and more often than not you just end up laughing at his bizarre methods and strange facial expressions.

It's somewhat jumpy, yes, but that's a given in the genre. Or at least it should be.

OSRed1
10th April 2012, 04:13 PM
I'll vouch for the Kubrick classic as well.

Man that movie was awesome, I expected it to be overrated but was not disappointed at all. And yeah, it wasn't scary but definitely enticed suspense, at least for me. Can't say the same about any modern movies, pretty pathetic too considering all the technology we have now, you'd think they'd be able to do a better job more easily.

The blood splatter will never be forgotten...

Even without massive special effects, it's amazing how good a movie can really be. And yes, the blood can't be forgotten.[hr]

That's largely due to Robert Englund hamming it up as Krueger. It's a good performance for the subject matter, but as you say it's not particularly scary and more often than not you just end up laughing at his bizarre methods and strange facial expressions.

It's somewhat jumpy, yes, but that's a given in the genre. Or at least it should be.

The way Freddy runs its more hilarious than anything

violino
5th July 2012, 01:17 AM
Hello!! Eerrrr, =_='' I HAVEN'T SEEN A GOOD HORROR MOVIE IN A WHILE. So, what's the scariest movie you have ever watched? I'm not scared, nope. O.O''

I HATE horrors and thrillers. I used to watch them and I was SO scared every time. But I decided (I'm adult and clever now :P ) that's enough.
One of the worst for me was "Blair witch project" and "Ring". Also there was a film about a doll called Chuckie (I'm not sure about the spelling), that was actually a murderer's soul in a body of a doll. I haven't seen it since I was a kid but thank you very much, I'm not going to do this ever again o_O

Mantis
5th July 2012, 02:18 AM
Yes, that film is called Child's Play, and the doll is called Chucky so you were near enough. You don't have to worry about most of the sequels really. The first Child's Play had a very small dose of comedy, but a lot of the later ones seem to be based on comedy nearly entirely. And the comedy is terrible. It's laughable. Laughably bad. I watched the first Child's Play when I was nine. :D

A couple of nights ago I watched a film called Grotesque. And it really is. Don't watch it if you're squeamish, or would feel sick from seeing plenty of chainsaw action and a girl's nipples being clipped off. The ending is very surprising though, and I'm not sure if I'm saying that in a bad or a good way.

Lord-Idolo
5th July 2012, 05:19 AM
The one that still gets me scared is Pet Sematary. I watched it as a kid and I guess that is still lingering to this day, but the best horror movies I've seen are the original Japanese version of the Ring and the Grudge. That weird fast motion effect weirded me out all the time, but now they do it all the time in movies.

Captain Starwind
5th July 2012, 06:59 AM
this doesn't scare me so much now (not at all, actually), but back when i was 6 years old, it scared me a hell of a lot. we were staying with some relatives while we moved to a new house, and my older cousin was watching the really old adult swim. i couldn't sleep and snuck out of my room to watch tv with him. he was watching the premiere of pierrot le fou. for a long time after that, i was afraid of that episode so much that i hated amusement parks.

violino
5th July 2012, 09:41 AM
Yes, that film is called Child's Play, and the doll is called Chucky so you were near enough.
I didn't even know its title as I watched it translated:) I don't think I'll try to watch it again (it may not push away my fears but increase them, I'm not risky :D ), but thank you for making it correct:)

And I reminded two more films. "Hostel" - DISGUSTING! And the one I don't rememer the title but it was about wax... and "making people" out of wax... sort of. I may vomit watching this :sick:

Mantis
5th July 2012, 03:03 PM
Ringu was okay. Certainly better than the US version, but it visually wasn't as good obviously without the Hollywood budget. As for Hostel, I loved that one. I vaguely remember the wax one as being not scary in the slightest and having an annoying bimbo as one of the main characters.

p.s. If you enjoyed Ringu I recommend Dark Water. Or maybe it was Black Water.

violino
5th July 2012, 07:46 PM
I vaguely remember the wax one as being not scary in the slightest and having an annoying bimbo as one of the main characters.

Actually, when I think of Ring now I remember it not being so scary because I watched it with friends and they laughed all the time.
I think this "scary" feeling is because of the main, most recognisable scene or one or two scenes I didn't expect and no one laughed during them.

This wax thing.. I think I don't like such scenes that were there. Oh, come on! I don't like such films at all!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Oh, and remember the film (I don't remember the title again.. ) about a demon called Azazel I think, and he sort of lived in a person's body and if he wanted to move to another body he just touched the other person with a hand. So this way he could move really fast.
I don't even remember what this film was about. But I remember I had to go back home in the nigh after this film and it wasn't nice :P

Aishaclanclanfan23
26th July 2012, 01:22 AM
This looks like a good scary movie that i think im going to be going to see in Aug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LfLDeXLmAw

TheMachetejoe
26th July 2012, 01:55 AM
xD I just remembered The Grudge! All aboard the FlashBack train! =3
I think I watched when I was around seven years old. I'm not really sure if it was actually scary, but..I didn't sleep very well for a while. xD ( If you're squeamish, don't watch. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax4yxDJVWR8

( Nervously laughs. ) ^^''

Aishaclanclanfan23
26th July 2012, 03:00 AM
haha oh yea thats great! lol thats when she had her mouth ripped off that was so cool... I thought that was a great part! It scared me the first time i watched it because actually right when i got done watching it for the first time credits started rolling and not a min later my mom calls and me and my brother was like you answer it and he was like no you lol i laughed and answered it and there was no one on the other side. So i hang up and soon as i hang up my mom calls right back and again nothing it happen again the 3rd time mom finally says something mom was hanging up before we would pick up the phone lol. We was both like next you do that leave a message or let it ring more then 2-3 times XD she scared the crap out of me and my brother. I stayed with my brother that night.

paranormal activity

I one i think that is a waste of time and didnt scare me at all and i thought was boring and fell asleep through and everyone says omg its the best scary movie ever... im like dude why watch something and only here a family walking around joking around for the first 15-20mins of the movie then here screaming the last 45mins of the movie to see nothing that whole movie but the Chandeliers move a bit and maybe covers move or a door slam then last 5 mins of the movie see just someone get thrown is boring as heck and not worth my money to go see... same with 2 and 3 they are better then the first one but i dont see how a 11,000 movie made millions in the first few nights and people actually said it was great.... those people are crap lovers for scary movies... i think which im sure XD ill probably have people bash me here for it to but oh well we all have our own Opinion about movies and to that series of scary movies was pure crap to me.

TheMachetejoe
26th July 2012, 05:07 AM
( My ears perk-up, I look curiously at Clanfan. ) You've watched The Grudge also!? I always hated the ''Eeeeeeegggckckckkckckkkckckckhhhhhhhh'' croaking sound one of the monsters make..( Shudders and looks out the window, scanning the area and listening for that terrible noise. ) Hrrrrrmmmmm..O.O'' Oh, I've watched the first two Paranormal Activity's and I didn't like either of them that much..^^'' xD No one was possesed in the second movie! =3 PFffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttt! She was only a super spy! ;3 Hehehehehehehe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAiIFI1ilIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnQRWJ7bIhs

AHA! Play the two videos together! xD ( I hold my sides and rolls around laughing. ) Hahahahahahahahahahaha! ^^'' =3

Aishaclanclanfan23
26th July 2012, 05:59 AM
Yeah as its almost 1am i might watch XD that paranormal activitiy video a pass till tomorrow lol. Yes i get paranoid at night if i watch something like that... 2 is way better then 1 and i seriously dont want that on my mind because seriously i believe in Ghosts XD and Spirits... Im fine with zombies or werewolves i just have a thing about ghosts. Possestion is not bad i dont care i could actually watch PA 1 and not even get paranoid. I mean im not bad but during the night its just alittle different i guess dont get me wrong ill watch scary movies at night as i really love them... there my favorite movies of all time. I watched 3 Zombie movies in the last 2 nights and never had a problem with watching Zombie movies or anything with werewolves. possesion is not bad either its the Ghosts and Spirits i guess that get me more paranoid. I guess i do have one thing that startles me but its mostly if i watch through the night ghost movies.

You know i do have another favorite horror movie its called The Faculty and i really love this movie. Check it out im sure you will like this movie its not scary but its a great thriller would be more of what type it is.

TheMachetejoe
27th July 2012, 02:13 AM
Oh! I've watched Pet Cemetary and I was REALLY CONFUSED! It was kind of funny about the zombie cat because I have a cat that looks EXACTLY like it! xD I'll check out The Faculty too! ^^''
( Throws a poke'ball! ) YOUTUBE, I CHOOSE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aishaclanclanfan23
27th July 2012, 02:45 AM
HAHA... yea thats a old movie to as i really like that movie... all of them are good. I know i couldnt be able to bring someone back from the dead if i knew it would do that... seriously they knew the rules of what would happen that they would come back evil.. i dont know about stupid people like that haha..

Im sure you will like Faculty it has a load of great Actors in it you will see. Its one of my favorites another good one you might like that i like is Pumpkin Head 1 n 2. Im old school horror haha... Black and White Night of the Living Dead... I love House of 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects. They are not scary more of a serial killer type movie but its one of the best i think... The Bone Collector is really good and I really liked Blood Creek as it has the brothers from Prison break in it. Even if Wentworth Miller only gets like 2-3 mins in the movie...