PDA

View Full Version : Outlaw Star: Chapter of the Galactic Dragon Vein Vol. 1 & 2

Lord-Idolo
7th May 2012, 07:16 PM
Good news everyone!:D I just got the two volume set of the light novels this morning. So, hopefully by this weekend you'll see some scans on AnimePaper.

Lord-Idolo
7th May 2012, 11:04 PM
Added the cover scans and an Aisha scan to AnimePaper.

TheMachetejoe
8th May 2012, 12:37 AM
I want to see! :3

Mantis
8th May 2012, 12:53 AM
Very nice. Just in advance, I should inform you that I'll be scanning my light novels too. I bought a second set of them, so I'm confident the scans will look great since I'll be debinding one of the sets. I do however intend to keep all of my scans exclusive to this site, so your scans will have a purpose on AP. :) Shame it's so difficult to do an OCR scan on vertical Japanese text.

Lord-Idolo
8th May 2012, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up on that. I think I know some of the problems way programs don't work for tranlating is the kanji is mostly hand written. That makes it harder for the program to read and translate right.

Somasol
8th May 2012, 04:57 AM
This is great news! I'm going to check out the Aisha cover page. :D

edit: just saw the covers for the light novels too! It's liberating to finall see those in high detail! Kudos to you both, Mantis and Idolo.

AsherTheWilliams
6th June 2015, 12:12 AM
To bring back this discussion, does anyone know what the general story-lines for these light novels were?

Lord-Idolo
6th June 2015, 04:27 AM
The "Chapter of the Galactic Dragon Vein" Vol. 1 & 2 light novels are just a retelling of the TV series, but the stand alone light novel "El Dorado Covered With Clouds: Starward Warrior Knight Outlaw Star" is about the Outlaw Star crew pursuing a serial killer named Billy McAglen in a mining town called El Dorado.

Katzie Starwind
14th July 2017, 03:48 AM

Just got mine in the mail today! So sad I can't actually read Japanese to figure out what's going on in them...same as the manga but I needed them anyway!!

Mantis
14th July 2017, 02:13 PM
Yep, they're too cool not to own! It's just a shame that a translator would be too expensive. (Probably possible if we all chipped in. From there I could edit it but my plate is a bit full as far as Outlaw Star goes right now.) I had one translate the audio drama episodes but these probably have quite a lot of text comparatively. If I had to choose one to translate though it would be El Dorado Covered with Clouds since it's an additional storyline. Also, did you get the extra artwork inside, Katzie?

Hova
10th May 2018, 10:19 PM
I cant wait for the whole translation.