MajinCooler27
16th May 2012, 10:33 PM
http://www.adultswim.com/shows/toonami/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RhBfTudmE

Could be the best day of my life lol

Captain Starwind
16th May 2012, 10:37 PM
you beat me to it. :@

i'm honestly surprised that it's back this early. if it turns out to be crap, then i'll know it was rushed out.

MajinCooler27
16th May 2012, 10:43 PM
I dont think it will be terrible. Doubt they would release it if there was the potential for failure lol..could be wrong though

Captain Starwind
16th May 2012, 10:58 PM
my only though is that, well, that april fools airing was only about two months ago. unless they had it planned for toonami to come back since the beginning, which i doubt they did, then how could they get it all ready in time? but, i don't work for a tv network.

Lord-Idolo
16th May 2012, 11:06 PM
Maybe they will bring some good anime and maybe some classics (Outlaw Star hopefully).

MajinCooler27
16th May 2012, 11:21 PM
So far only shows that have been confirmed are Cowboy Bebop ( :D ) , FMA Brotherhood, and Bleach

TheMachetejoe
17th May 2012, 01:07 AM
Yes!!! ( Jumps up in down with excitement, but my eyes explode with so much for that they open a small portal to another deminsion! THE DEMINSION IS FILLED WITH TELLITUBBIES, MURDEROUS TELLITUBBIES. ) YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! IT'S BACK! IT'S FINALLY BAAAAAAAAAHHHCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NinjaWarriorKaz
17th May 2012, 01:10 AM
HEY! IT COULD HAPPEN!!! Welcome back old friend, we missed you Toonami!!!

Mantis
17th May 2012, 01:33 AM
This is great news. I'll have to see if I can get a live stream. :)

mpo48
17th May 2012, 01:55 PM
never thought id see this good news!!!

Somasol
17th May 2012, 07:47 PM
YES!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, every Outlaw Star fan will now have their weekends looking like this:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b244/FenreyVarnFFXI/Outside%20FFXI/OLS-party-hard.gif

LinkSeasonMaster
18th May 2012, 02:02 AM
I gotta find out what time it airs where I live. I'm not missing this for ANYTHING short of the crew of the Outlaw Star, Hilda, Hanmyo, Fred, and Leilong all appearing on my doorstep!

Mantis
18th May 2012, 02:20 AM
If there's no way I can stream it, if there's any way any of you can record it (digitally, ideally) I'd appreciate it. I've been wanting to get my hands on the censored episodes for so long, and it seems that is what they will show if Outlaw Star makes an appearance.

MajinCooler27
18th May 2012, 04:23 AM
I think theyll show the uncensored version but skip the hot springs ep. It is on in the Adult Swim Block which has all the blood, swearing, and what have you for all the other shows. I would think youll be able to find a stream of it Mantis. Sorry if not though :(. I'll see if i can record it for ya

Mantis
18th May 2012, 04:55 AM
Ah, I'm sure it was the censored version on April 1st, but if it's going to be uncensored there's probably no point in recording it. Although then again, recording the Toonami openings and other parts might be cool. Thanks, though. We'll have to see what happens. :)

Lord-Idolo
18th May 2012, 06:09 AM
It was the censored version of "Maze of Despair". Remember Aisha is laying naked on the ground after the fight and then they did a close up of her face saying her line about Gene needed to save some Dragonite for her. And I think they'll show the edited version of the show with no possibility of showing the "Hot Springs Planet Tenrei" episode. I wish they do, so just to see what kind of editing they have to do it.

AsherTheWilliams
18th May 2012, 06:33 AM
:D

Mantis
18th May 2012, 02:28 PM
It was the censored version of "Maze of Despair". Remember Aisha is laying naked on the ground after the fight and then they did a close up of her face saying her line about Gene needed to save some Dragonite for her. And I think they'll show the edited version of the show with no possibility of showing the "Hot Springs Planet Tenrei" episode. I wish they do, so just to see what kind of editing they have to do it.

Not to mention it will be very good content for an article or the wiki. ;)

Kokirininja
19th May 2012, 08:46 AM
I really am glad that Toonami is coming back but I'm not sure its going to be the same for me. I'd rather them play all the originals they did back then instead of airing bleach, cowboy bebop, and fullmetal alchemist. These are shows that they already currently air every Saturday night. Showing the same shows and slapping the Toonami label on it isn't going to bring Toonami back for me.

MajinCooler27
19th May 2012, 04:25 PM
Theyre adding some new anime along with those. It's a 6 hour block.

Shows confirmed:
FMA Brotherhood
Cowboy Bebop
Bleach

Shows Rumored:
Panty and Stocking ( :( )
DBZ
DBZ Kai
Outlaw Star
Gundam Wing
Fairy Tale

and some other new ones I cant remember at the moment lol

This is just gonna be their first schedule too. If it is successful and keep running, the lineup will constantly change. I think theyre trying for a whole new toonami, Theyll start with some nostalgic anime and eventually work to all new (To Toonami) anime. I'm just happy to see it back and see what they can do with it.

And the episode of OLS they aired censors any nudity and thats about it. I think its the version they aired on the Midnight Run back in the day. So all the swearing, blood, etc in still in tact. No nudity is all. We'll just have to see though.

Dymus
19th May 2012, 06:20 PM
I'm so happy!
http://www.ragemaker.net/images/Happy/happy%20crying.png

Captain Starwind
19th May 2012, 09:44 PM
7 MORE DAYS!!! i can barely wait for it. I actually really want to see what the toonami intro for cowboy bebop is going to look like.

MajinCooler27
20th May 2012, 12:03 AM
7 MORE DAYS!!! i can barely wait for it. I actually really want to see what the toonami intro for cowboy bebop is going to look like.

Thats honestly one of the things Im most pumped for lol

Kokirininja
20th May 2012, 02:10 AM
I didn't even think of that O_O You just got me really excited too majin haha. ALSO! Blum is still going to be Tom right?

MajinCooler27
20th May 2012, 02:39 AM
Of course :D ..Steve Blum and Pete Cullen ARE Toonami lol

LinkSeasonMaster
20th May 2012, 04:53 AM
The more I hear about it, the more psyched I get. Toonami is gonna get crazy in the best and funnest way possible. Thing is, I can't seem to find out where the info about Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Bleach being confirmed is provided, not to mention the rumored shows. Regardless, I just can't wait. I'm half tempted to start singing "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies just because of the title, I'm going that insane. Especially if Outlaw Star is going to be part of the lineup. Not to mention that I got into Fairy Tail fairly recently, and I've been meaning to get back in touch with Gundam Wing and DBZ for a LONG time!

And while this is just wishful thinking, if they were to add Zoids New Century Zero, Batman The Animated Series, and Teen Titans to the line up, I think I'd try literally jumping off the walls in order to express how happy I'd be.

Captain Starwind
20th May 2012, 05:10 AM
I can't seem to find out where the info about Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Bleach being confirmed is provided

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html

adult swim confirms it with the schedule. check may 26. CB, FMAB and Bleach are all on the schedule, but with spaces in between for the unknown shows. so, all that they're keeping secret are the 3 unknowns.

Lord-Idolo
20th May 2012, 06:16 AM
I wouldn't be surprise if one of them might be InuYasha: The Final Act is one of them. Still have my fingers crossed for OLS to be on there.

MajinCooler27
20th May 2012, 06:25 AM
Make A Wish list! Its a 3 hour block so lets just say they only air one episode of each show

(Forget the confirmed ones :P)

Cowboy Bebop
Outlaw Star
DBZ
Trigun
Gun X Sword
Batman TAS

Lord-Idolo
20th May 2012, 06:37 AM
I'll take a swing at that.

Outlaw Star
Robotech (hopefully all three arcs)
Trigun
Code Geass
Tenchi Muyo
Desert Punk

LinkSeasonMaster
20th May 2012, 06:41 AM
My wishlist for Toonami:

Outlaw Star
Zoids New Century Zero
Teen Titans
Ronin Warriors
Batman The Animated Series
*Fullmetal Alchemist (Brotherhood)

*I love both version of FMA equally, so I'd be happy with either one.

AsherTheWilliams
21st May 2012, 01:34 AM
Batman the Animated Series...
Now there is some classic American cartoon right there.
Excellent choice Master.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/batman_tas.jpg

Captain Starwind
21st May 2012, 01:58 AM
i'd love to see some of tenchi back on adult swim, especially the first two ova series (ova 3 can burn in the flaming pits of hell for all i care), but, i doubt that's gonna happen. dbz coming back would probably be more realistic, and what would be toonami without some outlaw star?

LinkSeasonMaster
21st May 2012, 01:59 AM
Excellent choice Master.

Huh. First time anyone's referred to me as that before.

LinkSeasonMaster
21st May 2012, 02:23 AM
But yeah, Batman TAS seems like a real popular choice along with Outlaw Star.

madmanmark08
21st May 2012, 06:42 AM
wait wait, hold up... Toonami, is coming back! holy cow! ... now i need a tv.... i cant believe .. i mean wow! they better have good shows! i am happy. today is sunday, went to church and learned this! today gets better!

MajinCooler27
22nd May 2012, 12:11 AM
Schedule has been leaked:

12:00 A.M.- Bleach
12:30 A.M.- Deadman Wonderland
1:00 A.M.- Casshern Sins
1:30 A.M.- FMA: Brotherhood
2:00 A.M.- Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
2:30 A.M.- Cowboy Bebop

http://schedule.adultswim.com/servlet/ScheduleServlet?action=AS&theDate=5/26/12&timeZone=EST

Ive heard really good things about Deadman Wonderland...and not good things about Casshern. I tried starting once but just never picked it up again. Not the line up I was expecting at all.

Maybe they leaked this on purpose to throw us off? O_O (Insert Conspiracy Keanu)

Mantis
22nd May 2012, 12:20 AM
Haven't they already been showing Bleach, Brotherhood and Bebop? Also, don't you mean AM rather than PM? Anyway, it's a shame to not see Outlaw Star and other classics on there, and you weren't shitting me when you said it was a late-night showing. :P

Lord-Idolo
22nd May 2012, 05:34 AM
Schedule has been leaked:

12:00 A.M.- Bleach
12:30 A.M.- Deadman Wonderland
1:00 A.M.- Casshern Sins
1:30 A.M.- FMA: Brotherhood
2:00 A.M.- Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig
2:30 A.M.- Cowboy Bebop

Yep, it's true! Never seen Casshern Sins, but I've seen Deadman Wonderland. It's has the same violence level as Elfen Lied, in fact it has a similar beginning too. So spoiler alert, episode one will have mass murder and a decapitated girl. I'm really surprise they have it on, but I guess I shouldn't be because of the extreme gore and violence on Metalocalypse.

Mantis
22nd May 2012, 05:42 AM
However, unlike Elfen Lied, the violence in DW is grittier. Later on in the series, there are some really gruesome scenes but not everything is shown in one of them I'm thinking of. A lot of it is left to the viewer's imagination and had me feeling a little unnerved. Elfen Lied on the other hand doesn't hold back and the violence is always ridiculously over-the-top and doesn't produce any emotional reaction. At least, it didn't for me. The character development in DW wasn't great by any means, but the lead protagonist reminded me of Shinji from Evangelion, and his reactions to the violence were interesting. But, that woman from Elfen Lied (it's been a while since I've seen it) just mercilessly kills everybody in the first episode. (Not really a spoiler. I can't remember much after that since it wasn't a particularly memorable anime.)

madmanmark08
22nd May 2012, 05:44 AM
i liked Elfen Lied

Lord-Idolo
22nd May 2012, 06:26 AM
However, unlike Elfen Lied, the violence in DW is grittier. Later on in the series, there are some really gruesome scenes but not everything is shown in one of them I'm thinking of. A lot of it is left to the viewer's imagination and had me feeling a little unnerved. Elfen Lied on the other hand doesn't hold back and the violence is always ridiculously over-the-top and doesn't produce any emotional reaction. At least, it didn't for me. The character development in DW wasn't great by any means, but the lead protagonist reminded me of Shinji from Evangelion, and his reactions to the violence were interesting. But, that woman from Elfen Lied (it's been a while since I've seen it) just mercilessly kills everybody in the first episode. (Not really a spoiler. I can't remember much after that since it wasn't a particularly memorable anime.)

Well, that's the problem with anime with only 12 or 13 episodes. Not a lot time for development and both left out other characters that were in the manga, but not in the anime. While the violence in DW has a cruel and overly sadistic undertone to it. While Lucy/Nyuu, Nana, Bando and Mariko acts of violence had some reasoning to it (granted very twisted reasoning).

Somasol
22nd May 2012, 09:39 PM
Ah, I see Majin came as the bearer of bad news. Looks like Mantis won't be getting the censored episodes of Outlaw Star after all. =(

I'm very disappointed to see Bleach on there, but I guess it was too inevitable to have happen. I will never understand the appeal; it is DBZ with swords and full of gratuitous exploitation of filler episodes to keep it dragging on as long as possible for all the cash it can rake in.

I have absolutely no qualms with Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell SAC/2nd Gig, and Full Metal Alchemist. But good god, they've been around forever by now, so people should at least be getting DVDs of these series. Cowboy Bebop especially.

However, I am quite excited for Deadman Wonderland, like I anticipated months ago. Interesting that it's compared to Elfen Lied though, that makes it even more motivating to watch. O_O Not that I've seen a lot of Elfen Lied though, but enough to get the gist of it.

Casshern Sins looks interesting too, they say it has a slow pace, but usually with cyberpunk themed-shows, I notice most of them love taking their time with it. Which I don't mind, I like basking myself into the atmosphere. Plus, it's animated by Studio Madhouse, which is a high-quality studio for banging out shows and movies like Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Trigun, Black Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl, everything Satoshi Kon, and Texhnolyze (Mantis, Serial Experiments Lain's character designer also worked on this).

LinkSeasonMaster
23rd May 2012, 12:07 AM
Hmm...so no Outlaw Star, huh...*sigh*. Still, at least three of the shows are ones I know I'll like. But it's a shame they're only using one of the things on my wishlist. And here I was going to say that despite all odds and the fact that it's of a genre that's not common to Toonami, if for whatever reason, they included Freakazoid in the lineup, I think my jaw would hit the floor and I'd be giggling like a toddler all evening.

LinkSeasonMaster
23rd May 2012, 12:21 AM
But I just realized a few things. This is only their starting lineup. If it's anything like the Toonami of the past, it'll change up a bit from time to time. So maybe we will get to see shows like Outlaw Star, Zoids, and Batman The Animated Series at some point. And when I thought about, something like Toonami could possibly be one of the best places to air Freakazoid. They've aired other superhero shows in the past, and since this geared towards the audience that grew up with Toonami, if the same audience were to see Freakazoid, not only would some recognize, but they'd be able to understand and appreciate the humor. As far as my knowledge of current television is concerned, which is almost next to zilch, airing it either there or on Boomerang would be the best choices for an attempt at a revival campaign.

Captain Starwind
23rd May 2012, 02:25 AM
I'm not sure why they left CB and GITS on the schedule. durarara and kekkaishi would have been better, probably. my best guess is to why they were left on would have to be an attempt to appeal to the people who wanted some "classic" anime on there, like dbz or gundam wing.

but i will definitely be watching saturday night. I spend 3 hours digging around in my closet for my vcr, and i bought videotapes from walmart. my biggest concern is how these new shows will fare. I checked user ratings on ANN, and they look ok for them. but then i go into their forums for the schedule announcement and every other post is a "DW and CS suck. CB and GITS have been on for too long" type of post.

LinkSeasonMaster
23rd May 2012, 03:01 AM
I'm not sure why they left CB and GITS on the schedule. durarara but then i go into their forums for the schedule announcement and every other post is a "DW and CS suck. CB and GITS have been on for too long" type of post.

People are complaining about Cowboy Bebop being part of the line-up? That's a genuine surprise to me. Heck, I figured fans would go nuts about getting a double dose of Steven Blum, as both Tom and Spike. But as far as everyone complaining about the particular shows they picked, seriously people? Everyone's bound to find at least one show they're stoked about, and at least one they have no intention of checking out. I mean, I didn't watch every single show Toonami ever broadcast. I'm already going to be watching half of the shows they're broadcasting (Cowboy, Fullmetal, and Bleach), and I know people who like Deadman Wonderland and Ghost in the Shell, while I don't plan on watching either of them. But hey. Toonami is back, and it's airing three shows I like, one of which is a favorite of mine. Personally, I don't need any more reason than that.

Lord-Idolo
23rd May 2012, 03:06 AM
DW is not a bad anime, I was surprised that they are airing it because of the violence it has. I'm burnt out on Bleach at this point for being on too long and without ending. [AS] has a bad habit of rerunning shows to the ground to the point of hitting the molten core of the planet.

LinkSeasonMaster
23rd May 2012, 03:16 AM
DW is not a bad anime, I was surprised that they are airing it because of the violence it has. I'm burnt out on Bleach at this point for being on too long and without ending. [AS] has a bad habit of rerunning shows to the ground to the point of hitting the molten core of the planet.

Actually, the manga of Bleach is in its final arc, and the anime appears to have ended rather than do another filler arc. Either that, or they're waiting for the manga to finish before animating the final arc as well. It's probably the former, but personally, I'm really hoping it's the latter.

Captain Starwind
23rd May 2012, 03:20 AM
forgot to post this before:

i do find irony in this whole situation. Immediately after the final toonami broadcast, people went online in droves, requesting, practically begging cn to bring it back. now, it is coming back, and i see people saying they won't even be watching any of it? the quote "beggers can't be choosers" can be used in a quite literal sense here. We BEGGED for toonami to come back, and now everyone is nitpicking the schedule. quite the fans of toonami, huh?

LinkSeasonMaster
23rd May 2012, 04:00 AM
Tell me about it! I'm actually now thinking of a line from a former Toonami show. Teen Titans' Mad Mod once said, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." If people keep whining like this...we may not even have Toonami Saturday night. And seriously, if a few shows in the line-up DON'T work, the line-up can ADAPT. How many times did Toonami change its line-up over the years it originally ran?

Somasol
23rd May 2012, 05:18 AM
Well, here's the thing that doesn't make sense to me:

Why couldn't they have kept airing those shows they played on April 1st, instead of using practically the same LineUp as the Adult Swim saturday night block? Where is Outlaw Star? DBZ? Gundam Wing? Tenchi Muyo? Sailor Moon? Big O? YuYu Hakusho? Rurouni Kenshin? All those great shows we knew and loved that were given tribute? Wasn't that what we wanted in the first place for Toonami to come back?

It just doesn't make sense that way. It's unfortunate that it has to come down to licensing issues, too. So I would think twice before accusing people of nitpicking the schedule. =(

LinkSeasonMaster
23rd May 2012, 03:13 PM
That's also a good point, Somasol. The fact that there are even licensing issues seems weird, especially if they were able to air any of these shows for one day in April. And yeah, I want to see Outlaw Star, Zoids, and Ronin Warriors as part of Toonami way more than some of the shows they have planned.

But Toonami's line up was never consistent. It was always changing. Toonami didn't start with Outlaw Star right from the get-go, nor was it there at the end. What I don't think people realize is that a TV line-up isn't set in stone. It changes over time. The fact that Toonami even left in the first place should prove that. But we wanted Tom. We wanted Sara. We wanted to see them transition the shows and do things in the middle of commercials. We wanted to be able to refer to an anime block as something other than an anime block that occurs late Saturday night on Adult Swim. So they brought back Toonami. Who's to say that they won't make alterations along the way, like they did when we were growing up? And while there is no guarantee that they'll change it so quickly, there's more of a chance that they will while it's still under the Toonami banner than they would otherwise. But if we don't at least support the fact that Toonami has returned from the farthest reaches of space and it vanishes once more, will anything have truly changed in the long run? No. What will have happened is that we wasted a second chance, with little hope of another. We're being given an opportunity here that we could have very easily not had to begin with. Are we really going to throw away this possibility because the starting line-up is a little scary and not what we expected? Are we going to ignore the reality that there may not be any other Toonami line-ups if this goes under? I am the LAST person to say we should look in the long run. I don't want to wait. I hate waiting as much as anyone else. Heck, it goes against my nature. I prefer enjoying life in the present, and getting as much out of it whenever I can. And I can appreciate stubbornness for seeing the things we want to see. That's how I am with the issue Mega Man Legends 3.

But that's a different issue, and the same attitude isn't the recipe for success here. The recipe for success HERE requires a different approach. I see an opportunity of a bright future, and for once in my life, I not only recognize what's staring me right in the face, but what I need to do to make it shine. And it's something completley within reason for me. I can just watch the three shows I want to watch, without changing the channel. And when it airs the shows I don't want to see (in all honesty, I know little about shows like Deadman Wonderland or even Elfin Lied, but I normally can't sit through anything excessively bloody, violent, and slasher like in nature, especially not at night, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a lot of that in those shows), I can just turn off the TV and keep an eye on the clock. Even if I don't LOVE the shows (I like Bleach, and Cowboy Bebop is warming up to me, but there are many shows I prefer), if I like them at all, I WILL watch them. If I'm going to call myself a Toonami Faithful, this is what I believe I have to do. I'm not telling anyone to agree with me, nor am I asking anyone to share my views. You guys do what you think will get us what we want. But this is what I think is right, what I think will get the end result I desire. I may be wrong, and it may not mean anything at all, but I may be right in having faith in Toonami and in doing what I can to keep the future as open as possible. This is my opinion, my belief that by doing this, I may one day get to see Outlaw Star aired somewhere where others can see it, people I can meet with face to face and share my love for Outlaw Star and have it returned because they have seen it recently. Iím willing to fight for this dream, fight to make it all mine!

Captain Starwind
24th May 2012, 12:20 AM
Well, here's the thing that doesn't make sense to me:

Why couldn't they have kept airing those shows they played on April 1st, instead of using practically the same LineUp as the Adult Swim saturday night block? Where is Outlaw Star? DBZ? Gundam Wing? Tenchi Muyo? Sailor Moon? Big O? YuYu Hakusho? Rurouni Kenshin? All those great shows we knew and loved that were given tribute? Wasn't that what we wanted in the first place for Toonami to come back?

It just doesn't make sense that way. It's unfortunate that it has to come down to licensing issues, too. So I would think twice before accusing people of nitpicking the schedule. =(

i would think that because it was just for one night, and because the official dvd releases were advertised during each show. although, i would have rather had [as] take a showing of kekkaishi or durarara for one slot and use the budget to licence one really awesome show, but i guess that didn't happen.

jaywray
24th May 2012, 04:05 AM
Guys I think you should all have a look at the comment section of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN85afK7SNA&list=UUlFSU9_bUb4Rc6OYfTt5SPw&index=5&feature=plcp

(Sorry not sure if I can embed)

But it's clear that everyone expected something different, but hey, don't you think Adult swim will... yanno... KNOW this? they'll adapt and improve, I absolutely LOVED the old toonami, but it will change, they have to show new stuff people haven't seen, yeah there's nostalgia included but part of the thing that made toonami great was finding new shows, I still remember the very first time tom previewed Outlaw Star as a kid (and I mean the very first time..at least in the uk) instantly, I was stoked, I called a friend from my house phone and told him to get his ass over here cause there's a show we need to watch.

That right there is what made toonami great!

Still... I want outlaw star and trigun on there in the future especially, since they only have a cult following really which is ridiculous.

MajinCooler27
24th May 2012, 04:38 AM
The fact that people are saying theyre not gonna watch it just because of the schedule makes me sick. So many people worked so hard to bring it back and now people are just gonna write it off because of the initial schedule? If this thing falls flat again because of lack of viewership, I'm gonna go on a rampage lol

AsherTheWilliams
24th May 2012, 05:26 AM
Weather the current storm for the future is bright ahead. :cool:

@Master: Anytime my man. Twas the noun I liked best in your username. :D

LinkSeasonMaster
26th May 2012, 01:05 AM
@Asher: Thanks, man.

Safe to say I'm really psyched about tomorrow night. Toonami is coming back, and with a new season of the Halo machinima Red vs. Blue is coming out Memorial Day...this may possibly be the best Memorial Day weekend ever. Of all time.

[ruin]RTSender
26th May 2012, 01:20 AM
@Master: Some powerful stuff a few posts back about the new Toonami airing, and I do agree that it will take time for viewers like us to become satisfied. But I will admit that right now this simply looks like Adult Swim is trying more to revert back to how it was three years ago, rather than trying to bring back Toonami directly. Still, it's a step in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

However, for those of you who can't wait, or still want to enjoy Toonami as it was back in its pre-golden age:

http://www.toonamiaftermath.com/

You're welcome.

LinkSeasonMaster
26th May 2012, 01:52 AM
@RTSender: Well, using logic or using passion in arguments often seems to do quite a lot, so I just figured combine both into one comment. I guess speaking with both my head and my heart at the same time can work out pretty well.

To be honest, I've never watched a lot of Adult Swim, so I've got no idea how different it was three years ago. As far as the last few years of Adult Swim goes, I really just remember noticing a lack of anime at one point, Futurama moving to a different network right when I was getting into it, and being baffled when Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood stopped airing new episodes on Adult Swim. That was pretty much the last time I looked at Adult Swim. I've got no idea what Adult Swim was like as a whole 3 years ago, but if bringing back Toonami is really just an attempt to get more viewers, though, than quite frankly, this strategy is already working on me at any rate.

[ruin]RTSender
26th May 2012, 08:45 AM
Sometimes using the holy triumvirate of your brain, heart, and balls is enough to convince anyone, which I fully endorse.

MajinCooler27
26th May 2012, 09:24 PM
The countdown has begun...

Lord-Idolo
27th May 2012, 12:25 AM
4 hours 35 minutes and 40 seconds to go!

jaywray
27th May 2012, 12:52 AM
RTSender]

You're welcome.

I love you.

How did I not find this sooner I've looked for these things and they're always really poor quality, but this.

... Well I love you.

MajinCooler27
27th May 2012, 01:24 AM
Aftermath has been around for a long time lol

jaywray
27th May 2012, 05:05 AM
It would appear I just have bad luck =p

LinkSeasonMaster
27th May 2012, 05:23 AM
It would appear I just have bad luck =p

don't feel bad. I think a decent amount of us were in the same boat before finding that for the first time. i know was until about 9 months ago.

LinkSeasonMaster
27th May 2012, 05:28 AM
The party has already begun! Let's kick it up, everyone! Toonami is back!

MajinCooler27
27th May 2012, 08:16 AM
I think Toonami was great. The new shows delivered. The bumps and what not could have been longer but I was very satisfied with the experience. Had a blast on a toonami chat, just chilling with a dip, and watching it. Isnt that what Tv blocks are all about?

[ruin]RTSender
27th May 2012, 08:48 AM
RTSender]

You're welcome.

I love you.

How did I not find this sooner I've looked for these things and they're always really poor quality, but this.

... Well I love you.

Hah hah! Anything to help someone who's as passionate about this stuff as I am. To be honest, I hadn't found this out either until last year at Colossalcon 2011 at a panel. But it was absolutely worth it.

Love you, too... ;)

LinkSeasonMaster
27th May 2012, 09:16 AM
I also had a blast. I watched the shows I wanted, saw the same classic bumps, though I agree that they should have been longer and possibly some more variety, and much to my pleasant surprise, no outside interruptions like the ones I had to deal with as a kid on a regular basis. Having a rerun rigth afterwards is also a nice idea for those who get in late (when you're doing other things up until midnight, you never know if you'll be able to keep a good eye on the clock), but I noticed they reused the exact same bumps. But that's more an issue of how in the world I was awake enough to have realized that they mentioned a reset at 3:00 during the second showing of Toonami and therefore making a mountain out of a molehill. But I digress. The point is, Toonami did what it was supposed to: entertain me and make me feel like I was watching a great TV block like one from my childhood. I'm looking forward to next week!

Lord-Idolo
27th May 2012, 09:48 AM
Really enjoy the return of Toonami. Like stated above I wish it was longer so to have more shows (maybe they can cut back on Family Guy and King of the Hill), but it was great non the less. Can't wait till next Saturday. :)

MajinCooler27
27th May 2012, 02:53 PM
They said if it was successful, they would make it a 6 hour block. A lot of the shows were the #1 trending topic at least one point on twitter. I know Cowboy Bebop was #1 in the US and #2 in the world when it aired. I think it had even more viewers than CN anticipated. Just need to keep it going for new shows and better bumps, etc etc.

madmanmark08
27th May 2012, 06:58 PM
Dammit! i missed it... i dont have cable :( .. is there a way to watch it online??

Kokirininja
27th May 2012, 10:02 PM
And I missed it... Went and saw Men in Black III last night :| Was a good movie though!

Hiro9921
28th May 2012, 02:21 AM
I missed out also. Oh well...

Lord-Idolo
28th May 2012, 06:03 AM
So [Adult Swim] just showed the ratings for Toonami's top 3:

Bleach - 321K
FMA:B - 288K
Bleach (4 am) - 192K

Mantis
28th May 2012, 06:08 AM
/me sighs.

=/

AsherTheWilliams
28th May 2012, 06:53 AM
Nostalgia, my old friend,
you live again.
These are wonderful days indeed.

LinkSeasonMaster
28th May 2012, 10:33 PM
Toonami is back, and I got to be a part of it. Sweet!

Captain Starwind
28th May 2012, 11:26 PM
aaahh. that was such a fun night. I was able to dvr the entire 6 hours of toonami. right now, i'm working on putting it all onto videotape, which at the rate my computer converts the video, is going to take up to a week. =/

MajinCooler27
2nd June 2012, 08:15 PM
Woo cant believe its been a week already. I guess theyre gonna have some new content tonight
(Music, Promos, TOM Speech?) I know Ill be watching again! Who else is?

Captain Starwind
3rd June 2012, 12:54 AM
hell, i'll be watching every saturday from now on. I took off work on sunday just so i can stay up later and watch.

Mantis
3rd June 2012, 02:28 PM
So, how was it?

LinkSeasonMaster
3rd June 2012, 07:46 PM
Pretty good.

MajinCooler27
4th June 2012, 03:12 AM
I thought it was amazing. The new promo was siiiiick. All the episodes for every show (except Bleach) were great too.

New Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbWqQHDjQeY

jaywray
4th June 2012, 03:28 AM
While it still isn't what id hoped for it looked pretty good, although I don't really see why there's so much Fullmetal (don't get me wrong I LOVE that show) being promoted as it's already hugely popular :/

Ps Mantis as UK Blokes we should hope toonami is a hit, there might actually be a chance of it coming over here!

Captain Starwind
9th June 2012, 07:06 AM
new info from jason demarco himself:
1. tonight there will be a game review.
2. adult swim is actually going to start promoting toonami during the week, believe it or not.

guess it's actually starting to prove itself.

LinkSeasonMaster
10th June 2012, 08:00 AM
Yet another great night of Toonami! Woohoo!

MajinCooler27
10th June 2012, 05:55 PM
Yeah! DeMarco was happy with the viewership last night I guess as well.

LinkSeasonMaster
1st July 2012, 07:05 AM
Yet another wonderful night of Toonami, and after 6 weeks of it, it finally hits me that I've developed a routine revolving around it for every Saturday night. How I didn't realize this sooner is a mystery. Still, not a bad thing to develop a routine around.

Captain Starwind
1st July 2012, 07:11 AM
we have the first schedule change for the new toonami announced. according to this schedule here (http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html), on august 4, gits gets replaced by FLCL. since it's only 6 weeks long, they're probably playing it until they can get the details worked out for another show, which, by the way things have been looking, could possibly be outlaw star.

jaywray
1st July 2012, 05:47 PM
we have the first schedule change for the new toonami announced. according to this schedule here (http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html), on august 4, gits gets replaced by FLCL. since it's only 6 weeks long, they're probably playing it until they can get the details worked out for another show, which, by the way things have been looking, could possibly be outlaw star.

Don't go playin' with our hearts Vegeta

madmanmark08
2nd July 2012, 01:09 AM
its sad to say this.. but i dont have cable but my brother does and when its saturday evening and sunday i got church early in the morning...something has gotta give

Captain Starwind
2nd July 2012, 01:34 AM

Don't go playin' with our hearts Vegeta

i ain't playing, i'm just calling them as i see them. besides, apparently some station lost the airing rights for the show just recently, meaning that they're out there in the open.

LinkSeasonMaster
2nd July 2012, 02:21 AM
Fooly Cooly, huh? Just recently I wanted to check that show out. Looks like I'll be getting my wish!

LinkSeasonMaster
30th July 2012, 08:19 AM
Okay. T.O.M. did another one of his motivational talks last night, but this one was incredibly powerful. I didn't hesitate at all to make it my new signature.

Aishaclanclanfan23
30th July 2012, 04:41 PM
Fooly cooly is a really weird show but its really great... i loved it! I rewatched it about 2 months ago and i still enjoyed it. I use to have a wall scroll of her on her scooter and guitar but i gave it to my friend when he left to go live in calfronia.

Captain Starwind
30th July 2012, 10:26 PM
ok, some strange things going on with toonami right now. apparently, flcl will only air in the encore block of toonami, at 5 am, while GITS season 1 is going to air in the first block at 2 am. i don't know what's really going on with this, but i somehow find it hard to believe that two different shows will air in the same respective timeslot in two otherwise identical blocks.

MajinCooler27
1st August 2012, 12:54 AM
Just got announced that Samurai 7 is replacing Deadman Wonderland..the schedule is the same otherwise..Still get my Gits and Bebop :D

August 18th

12- Bleach
12:30- Samurai 7
1:00- Casshern Sins
1:30- Brotherhood
2:00- GITS
2:30- Bebop

I saw Samurai 7 awhile back and it was pretty good if I remember correctly..Dont really remember too much from it though lol