PDA

View Full Version : HakkaisRilan Search for Inner Light

HakkaisRilan
29th June 2012, 05:19 PM
Im horrible with keeping journals, but I'll give this a spin

So, for those who haven't watched the news: I have a major fire burning in my hometown of Colorado Springs, the Waldo Canyon Fire. It has been for a week now and just last night, the fire claimed 1 life, and over the week has claimed 347 homes, and the Flying W Ranch. The fire went from a few hundred acres to 16,500 acres, thanks to the embers of the fire having a 65% of starting new fires. But we have 15% containment, so Im hopeful that this can go out completely,with all the help that has been pouring in to help us

Mantis
29th June 2012, 06:20 PM
I actually saw that on the news this morning. Apparently, it's one of the worst fires ever in the US. Damn, sucks it happened in your hometown. I wish I could lend you (or better yet, give you) some (all) of our rain.

HakkaisRilan
29th June 2012, 09:44 PM
So, update. Its actually 16,750 acres burning, still 15% containment. We have the President here, and I would love to get your rain. We are supposed to get rain soon

madmanmark08
29th June 2012, 09:58 PM
Hey HakkaisRilan, I know what you mean. I am currently in Utah and there is at least 6 fires goin on right now. last evening it was "raining" ash.. It smells like a camp fire outside and makes eveything fell much more warm than what it really is.

Lord-Idolo
29th June 2012, 10:01 PM
Sorry to hear what is happening to your hometown. Hope you are okay and doing well in spite of what is going on.

HakkaisRilan
30th June 2012, 01:37 AM
@madman: Thanks for understanding about this fire. I think some help is going there through us to you guys,so good luck
Update on fire:They have confirmed two deaths from a burned out home,but we have 25% containment and we have been getting rain, so thats been helping the fire. Thanks for reading this guys!

HakkaisRilan
30th June 2012, 05:01 PM
So, an update on the fire! We have an estimated 30% containment, with 17,073 acres have burned! Things are looking up, and hopefully we get more rain and high humidity to help keep the fire where its at

Mantis
30th June 2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I certainly hope so. You could definitely do with less Outer Light. =/

HakkaisRilan
1st July 2012, 04:28 AM
Haha, I agree. We got 45% containment! *happy dance* Things are definitely looking up around here

Captain Starwind
1st July 2012, 06:16 AM
great to hear that things out there are going well. too bad you couldn't have gotten some of the rain we got here a couple nights ago. we got pounded with a huge thunderstorm. power was out for a good 3 or 4 hours.

madmanmark08
1st July 2012, 05:05 PM
So your from colorado springs?! I got cousins that live there..keeping them in my prayers

HakkaisRilan
2nd July 2012, 03:37 AM
Its wonderful! Absolutely wonderful! *happy dance* We have 55% containment and people are being allowed to go home as long as they house didnt burn down from the fire

HakkaisRilan
3rd July 2012, 04:12 AM
OMGOMGOMG!!!!!
We have.... *drumroll* 70% estimated containment in our Waldo Canyon Fire!!!! This is awesome! makes me feel better with my sinus problems.... Which I hope dont mean Im getting sick a week before I see the doctor for a Well Woman Check

Mantis
3rd July 2012, 01:51 PM
Great, sounds like it'll be sorted out soon.

HakkaisRilan
4th July 2012, 04:15 AM
Haaaaaaaapy Day! We jumped to 80% containment today! Wonderful times! *happy dance* (yes I know Im spamming about the fire, but it gives me a reason to write in this thing :P )

HakkaisRilan
5th July 2012, 03:24 AM
Wooooooooooooooot! We jumped up another few notches! We got 90% containment just now! Happy Fourth of July Americans!

HakkaisRilan
8th July 2012, 02:06 AM
So, we have 98% containment in our fire. And I found out after waking at 3:45 to 4:25 my American:Mountain morning time, and hitting an e.r., is that I have an outer ear canal infection after dealing with it for four hours

HakkaisRilan
11th July 2012, 10:21 PM
Well, our Waldo Canyon Fire is contained 100%, but it's not out yet. I think that's a good thing