PDA

View Full Version : 90s Gangsta Rap

Working Buck
20th May 2017, 08:06 PM
Anyone here who still listen to old school gangsta rap or even just plain rap pieces by old timers? I still listen to Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, NWA, Tupac and Biggie. A lot of teens now have a different taste when it comes to rap music. What seems boring for me is too cool for them. Am I left behind for some reason? I don't seem to enjoy songs made by new artists so I stick with the old ones.

Lord-Idolo
21st May 2017, 06:02 AM
I have a small sample collection of 80's and 90's rap in my music library. Run DMC, Salt & Pepper, 2Pac, Biggie, Missy Elliott, Coolio and TLC. Otherwise, I don't care for modern rap as it is being that I'm more into heavy metal and hard rock. But I also do listen to a odd mix of genres of music like classical, some opera and anime soundtracks too.

Working Buck
24th May 2017, 07:28 PM
I have a small sample collection of 80's and 90's rap in my music library. Run DMC, Salt & Pepper, 2Pac, Biggie, Missy Elliott, Coolio and TLC. Otherwise, I don't care for modern rap as it is being that I'm more into heavy metal and hard rock. But I also do listen to a odd mix of genres of music like classical, some opera and anime soundtracks too.

Well I guess we are a bit same when it comes to listening to music. I'm not a purist so I don't pick music based on one genre alone. I do listen to pop, punk, Heavy metal, rock and roll and anime soundtracks too. I also listen to J-Rock bands like One Ok Rock since I kinda like how they arrange their music.