PDA

View Full Version : Masaka

Masaka
22nd January 2011, 05:55 AM
Our school chess club had another weekly meeting and it was freaking awesome! We mostly just screwed around by watching videos on Youtube instead of actually playing chess though O_O. Later at work, I let my friend borrow a book about Alan Turing (The coolest guy who ever lived!). After that I spent the whole night on Outlaw Star UK.

Aishawasframed!
22nd January 2011, 12:39 PM
Chess is great. Interested in playing sometime over the internet?

Mantis
22nd January 2011, 02:10 PM
Great to see someone starting a journal. I should follow suit. Heh, I've set a policy of never browsing YouTube with a friend if I want to get any work done. It always ends up as dozens of videos and losing track of time.

Masaka
22nd January 2011, 05:25 PM
Chess is great. Interested in playing sometime over the internet?

Internet chess :O That would be awesometastic! My time zone is GMT-5.:P

Masaka
23rd January 2011, 02:47 AM
'nother entry :P

Woke up at noon today after staying up last night. I learned a bunch of new British terms after seeing them on the forums so much. Before this morning, I've never heard the word chav, sod, or ice lolly. On Facebook, a friend of mine showed me a funny post about Spongebob from another forum http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/836648-Guys..I-need-some-help.-%28IRL%29
Sometimes I forget this is a UK site until things like this happen.

AsherTheWilliams
23rd January 2011, 02:57 AM
Cultural expansion!

Katey
23rd January 2011, 03:48 AM
Hehe it's crazy you never heard of a lolly!

AsherTheWilliams
23rd January 2011, 03:51 AM
Makes me wonder what slang we have that y'all don't know about. :P

Masaka
23rd January 2011, 03:54 AM
Hehe it's crazy you never heard of a lolly!

lmao, I always refer to them as popsicles (up until today I thought that was the proper name for them until I found out that it's just the brand that made it popular in the US; You learn something everyday!)

Katey
23rd January 2011, 04:08 AM
yeah but the brand thing happens all over the place. like we call vacuum cleaners hoovers sometimes haha.

man its weird people replying to my posts at 5am :D damn americans! love it though.

and in fairness i do know *some* american slang cause ive gamed with a few americans on left for dead 2. but i gotta admit its lacking.

(excuse grammar im too tired to type correctly.)

Mantis
23rd January 2011, 04:10 AM
As you acknowledge, popsicle is a genericised trademark, like calling an MP3 player an iPod. I find it funny how I've known this for years even though you don't get "Popsicles" in the UK. :D I vaguely recall the word popsicle being used in a Metal Gear Solid game. It's amazing how brand names can have such an influence. Call them ice pops or whatever you use. :P

Katey
23rd January 2011, 04:11 AM
yeah, i knew popsicle for a long time too.

webcomic for me, mantis!

AsherTheWilliams
23rd January 2011, 04:15 AM
and in fairness i do know *some* american slang

I'm curious, what did you learn?
And yeah, it's only 11pm here in Texas...yeehaw. :P

Katey
23rd January 2011, 04:34 AM
well what is that fanny thing. like you say, shake your fanny meaning shake your butt or something (maybe a certain state, i have no idea)

but here fanny definately doesn't refer to your bum haha.

also clunker, for old car?

then different ways u guys pronounce stuff, especially alluminium, that ones a right cracker.

im sure there was other stuff but my brain is fried.

Mantis
23rd January 2011, 04:39 AM
She's also probably pissed. By the way, should we really be spamming Masaka's journal? XD

AsherTheWilliams
23rd January 2011, 04:40 AM
*edit
Oh fanny! Yeah, here it's actually considered a polite term for the backside.

You're right about clunker.

Heh, we tend to be a lazy bunch when we speak. :D
If only I could let you hear what it's like at one of my favorite haunts.
It would blow your mind.

@Mantis: Perhaps not. Sorry Masaka.

Masaka
23rd January 2011, 04:44 AM
hehe bum? I've actually heard that term used before, but I don't hear it that much so it made me chuckle a bit. Also, a right cracker? This is really becoming an international cultural vocab lesson for me O_O. I'm gonna start using the words clunker and f a n n y much more now XD.

*edit
You guys can spam all you want, this is a really interesting discussion :P

Katey
23rd January 2011, 04:46 AM
im not drunk!!!!!!!!!!

gawd.

masaka doesnt mind! :D

Mantis
23rd January 2011, 04:47 AM
Don't worry, I uncensored fanny. XD The guy who made this swear list is a dolt, but it would take forever to make one myself. I'm creating a thread about it now actually...

AsherTheWilliams
23rd January 2011, 04:49 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa wait a minute!
Pissed = drunk? :S

Katey
23rd January 2011, 05:04 AM
Yeah!!!

AsherTheWilliams
23rd January 2011, 05:06 AM
I think that's enough cultural expansion for me today.

Thanks for giving us the awesome journal to bug you on Masaka.
Night all. :D

Masaka
23rd January 2011, 10:50 PM
third entry :P
The local barber shop went out of business today, my hair is not getting any shorter. The chatroom party was a lot of fun, learned about a ton of new animes that I want to check out now. Watched more Outlaw Star, right now I'm on episode 24. Each episode is always fun to watch, I'm glad it's so easy to watch anime these days. I'm also glad it's the weekend, nothing beats being a lazy student on a Sunday.

Mantis
23rd January 2011, 11:02 PM
I'm liking your journal and it's good to see you're committing to it. The last two episodes are amazing, so I hope you enjoy them. Shame about the barber shop—especially if you were a long-time customer. We'll definitely have another chatroom session in the future. I'll sort something out.

Masaka
25th January 2011, 02:06 AM
Another day.

Everybody at my school is getting ready for finals including myself. I don't usually have problems with tests so I have time to relax too. My parents and I went to visit my two sisters in college. We went eating out at a chinese buffet.
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/chinese.jpg
I didn't actually take a picture (just found one on the internet), but that's sorta what it looked like. I was stuffed afterwords, but I'm sure a Ctarl-Ctarl would've scarfed it all down with ease.

*edit
Finished watching Outlaw Star, amazing.

Mantis
25th January 2011, 04:23 AM
Awesome, I hope you do well. Blegh, I can't stand Chinese. But then, I usually only eat western food. It's cool you had a good time though. I'm sure you found the ending of Outlaw Star as brilliant as I did. :D

AsherTheWilliams
25th January 2011, 04:29 AM
That is a shame. Perhaps you have never had good Chinese food?

One of the greatest anime endings of all time to be sure.

Mantis
25th January 2011, 04:35 AM
I ordered a Chinese some time back. Baron knows about this as I sent him a picture. It was in a small lunch box and it looked like some olives, other different vegetables and mangled chicken swimming in urine and blood. I know, that's a disgusting description. It was disgusting. And the smell of it. Oh my god. It put me off Chinese for life.

AsherTheWilliams
25th January 2011, 04:37 AM
Come to Texas, I'll get you fixed up right.
I have a place where that mess does not happen, where the smells are joyous.
And the taste?...divine.

Mantis
25th January 2011, 04:45 AM
I'll definitely be visiting the 'States in the future, originally just to be able to finally fire a gun. Hah. And see some cool places of course. :D It would be cool to meet someone from here too, so perhaps one day I'll take you up on that offer!

AsherTheWilliams
25th January 2011, 04:53 AM
I'll be waiting Mantis.

By the way, if you wanna shot you really need to come my way.
They practically hand you a gun at the border of Texas.
Sometimes it's great to be in a red state.

I actually went to a gun range with my girlfriend's father.
Kinda of freaky moment, cause he was reeeally good. :S

Mantis
25th January 2011, 05:22 AM
So how old were you when you fired a gun for the first time?

AsherTheWilliams
25th January 2011, 05:26 AM
...14 I think.
It was a 22 calibur rifle, my cousins, off his front porch. Ha! Classy.

Started skeet shooting a year or two ago, double barrel shot guns rule!
But it is hard to beat the feeling of priming a pump action.
Cha-chunk! *Shell flies* So B.A.!!! 8)

You need to try it!
Do they not have ranges in the UK?

Mantis
25th January 2011, 05:31 AM
Hmm, interesting. I do wonder how accurate I'd be. I bet it takes a lot of practice. Damn, firing a shotgun must be fun. The only weapon I've "fired" is a BB gun I had at the age of thirteen. My parents confiscated it and I didn't bother with them since. I've been thinking of getting a powerful air rifle. Not sure where I'd go to fire it though since I'm at university halls.

Nope. No guns here. Not even many police officers have guns, bizarrely. Though of course, we do have special forces for extreme situations.

AsherTheWilliams
25th January 2011, 05:42 AM
Shotguns are awesome, and here there's no waiting period for those.
...don't know if that's a good thing.

Yeah, university tend to be less than open to weapons.
They're paranoid here at UT Austin, we had a shooter my first semester.
He used an AK-47, didn't hurt anybody though, he didn't try.
The only person he shot was himself.

Parents, always taking away are maiming devices.
Well let us know when you discover your dead eye skills.

It's quite the opposite here.
My gf's father has an AR-15 for Pete's sake. o_O
You might know about this, but we have the 2nd Amendment to our Constitution.
"Right to bear arms." It's illegal to fully prohibit the sale of firearms in the states.
And bear them we do.
So we can defend our selves against:
Zombies, gangs, bears, and (originally) the British.
Funny thing, the more I learn about the American Revolution, the more I realize that it was rather unjustified, and the more I like George III.

But anyway, I think I've chatted up poor Masaka's thread enough.
If you wanna talk more about guns and past US/England relations (which would be cool)
hit me up with a PM. :D

Mantis
25th January 2011, 05:53 AM
Damn, that sounds like a pretty bad situation at your uni. :S Yeah, I'm a little familiar with that. You need licenses for some weapons, huh? Now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure here in the UK you can—with a license that takes a lot of work to get—get a rifle for the purpose of hunting, though they're trying to outlaw this. It's been years since I've looked into it so I could be wrong about a lot of this.

Sure, I'll drop you a PM about it soon enough. I'm going to look into the whole air rifle thing anyway. Heh, yeah, sorry Masaka. :D

Katey
25th January 2011, 03:37 PM
...14 I think.
It was a 22 calibur rifle, my cousins, off his front porch. Ha! Classy.

Started skeet shooting a year or two ago, double barrel shot guns rule!
But it is hard to beat the feeling of priming a pump action.
Cha-chunk! *Shell flies* So B.A.!!! 8)

You need to try it!
Do they not have ranges in the UK?

Eeep. I loved skeeting in L4D... ? Shotguns would definately be my choice of weapon IRL. I really doubt I'd be handle to it IRL though lol.

TBH I could barely even imagine looking at a uni student with an AK-47?! Fire arms here isn't very common at all. Crazy

AsherTheWilliams
25th January 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, your shoulder get's sore pretty quick. 12 gauge!!!

It put the whole city in a panic for awhile...I actually slept through it.
Then the whole place was on lock down, no one in or out, the police suspected an accomplice.
There wasn't one though.

Masaka
26th January 2011, 02:35 AM
Fourth entry I think,

Started watching Fist of the North Star. It's an old anime, but nice to watch. The President gave his State of the Union speech tonight. The education part of his speech recommended becoming a teacher, which was pretty neat. A few hours before the speech I started flipping channels and going on the forum to pass the time. One of the channels I flipped to was the educational kid's channel. They were showing some weird show called Word Girl and they were talking about dictionaries. It made me really glad Youtube exists.

Aishawasframed!
26th January 2011, 11:56 AM
Youtube is great. Hey, didn't UTA also have Charles Whitman too?

Mantis
26th January 2011, 12:35 PM
YouTube is great until they change the home page layout and you get idiots like Fred and raywilliamjohnson shoved in your face. If you can ignore that, I agree. So you might want to become a teacher? As for Fist of the North Star, I've heard of it many times and I believe I've seen a few clips. It is quite over the top, no?

Masaka
26th January 2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah being a teacher is my end goal. As for Fist of the North Star, it's pretty much the typical single main character defeating waves and waves of bad guys with sweet fighting moves. The main character in that show is like anime Chuck Norris pretty much. But it's really old so I give it a lot of leeway when I watch it. Personally I'm loving it, but I'm not sure if everyone out there could watch it. (if you're into old animes and action then I'd recommend it)

Mantis
26th January 2011, 03:22 PM
I'll certainly add it to my Anime-Planet (http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Mantis) list. It's a good site.

Masaka
27th January 2011, 01:36 AM
numero five-o

Found out that the computers at my high school don't block Outlawstar UK. I spent a couple dozen minutes on here after figuring that out. My Japanese teacher told us that we should be grateful we take finals on scantron because she heard that monkeys score an average of 20% on scantron tests. It made me confident about the tests but I also wonder, who decided to give a scantron test to monkeys?

Mantis
27th January 2011, 01:44 AM
Funny you mention that, since kokirininja mentioned having issues with his school internet and Outlaw Star UK, but then it was okay. I had to Google "scantron" to be honest with you. :P And yeah, well, that's research for you.

Masaka
28th January 2011, 03:44 AM
Today was pretty slow. Finals are over so we have the day off tomorrow. Found a cool website thanks to Google that teaches you how to read barcode. I spent a lot of time reading barcode after that. It's tough cause the only ones I know how to read right now are the 12-digit ones and it gets tough to read small ones when I'm tired T_T but it's still a lot of fun :P.

Kokirininja
28th January 2011, 06:02 AM
Today was slow for me as well XD And lucky you. I still have classes tomorrow :P Awesome that you can read barcodes now, haha. I still can't myself. Quite an interesting thing to learn. Do you know how to read binary?

Mantis
28th January 2011, 06:49 AM
Sounds like you'll be useful in a supermarket if there's a blackout.

Masaka
28th January 2011, 05:54 PM
Oh man, I would not want to learn binary that sounds so though. Kudos if anyone is out there who really can read that jargon O_O.

Mantis
28th January 2011, 06:11 PM
You get some nerds who use binary clocks instead of real clocks. I used to be a programmer but it was only the very simple Visual Basic at first at college. At university I started with Java and C, but decided to switch to game design. Programming isn't something I could do as a career. It's pretty frustrating. Then again, if you love maths it might be right up your street.

Katey
28th January 2011, 06:25 PM
Typical INTJ career, programming XD

Masaka
29th January 2011, 06:18 AM
Friday/Saturday :D,

One of our co-workers went to China for a month so I got to see a new face subbing in for her. Played a game of laser tag with my friends, it was fun. Some of my school friends say they'll be playing Yugioh on Sunday, I'm really excited about that (this is what high school kids do for fun! :D).

Mantis
29th January 2011, 10:38 AM
They play Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards at this university. :P I guess anyone can enjoy it if they ignore society's preconceptions.

Masaka
30th January 2011, 04:26 AM
Saturday/Sunday

Went to a Chinese New Year's party. I think my friend and I stayed there too long because we got real tired and started drawing trading cards after I brought up the topic of Yugioh cards. So now we promised each other that we'll create 100 cards each by next week and turn the 200 total into a trading card game somehow. It sounds fun, but I don't even know half of the rules of this game we're making.

BaronOfStuff
30th January 2011, 10:53 AM
I don't even know half of the rules of this game we're making.

Just do what they do in YGO, and make them up to suit you as you go along. Don't forget 20 minutes of talking every time you do this too.

At least that's what appears to be going on in any episode of YGO I've ever seen.

Masaka
31st January 2011, 01:10 AM
Sunday

Learned how to do my own laundry after too many years of not doing that. Took Baron's advice of making up random rules and talking for minutes on end after every turn for the yugioh tournament. I ended up winning. I'm not sure if the former two sentences are related at all but if they are, I guess I should thank Baron.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/Chocoboknight99/thankyoubaron.jpg

Katey
31st January 2011, 10:28 AM
Hahahaa

BaronOfStuff
31st January 2011, 12:50 PM
Why do I look like a really ****ty cross between Piccolo and a budget Transformer?

Mantis
31st January 2011, 02:56 PM
I like how Bearon's electric powers are writing the word "Thank"—a word that possibly for quite some time has been void from his vocabulary.

BaronOfStuff
31st January 2011, 03:30 PM
As Lex Luthor would say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU

I am very capable of saying 'Thank'. It's immediately following it with 'you' and genuinely meaning it that gives me problems.

Masaka
2nd February 2011, 01:57 AM
Tuesday

I wasn't able to get on to the forums yesterday because of connection problems. Not a big deal, but it made me realize how much I would miss this site if something bad happened to it. Our school district made an early announcement that school will be canceled because of a snow storm. I still have to wake up early tomorrow though so I can get to the most important class of all... snow shoveling 101!

Also, the robot drawing was originally just intended to be a random drawing to make the "thank you" picture for Baron look a little better as opposed to just saying thank you. Although I laughed a lot when you guys had the robot be a personification of Baron XD

*edit
I don't know why I didn't mention this one. Tony Blair was talking about the protests in Egypt but all I could think about was: Tony Blair=UK=OUTLAW STAR!

Mantis
2nd February 2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, I don't know what happened but the site was back up in the morning. I hear a lot of schools are being closed due to snow storms. That doesn't happen very often here. It must be nice though having such thick snow. Also, didn't you know? Baron is an AI. Not even like a construct like Harry MacDougall, but rather, simply lines of code that run on the Outlaw Star UK server.

I really wouldn't want to include Tony Blair in the random image rotations at the top banner. :P

Masaka
2nd February 2011, 07:21 PM
I really wouldn't want to include Tony Blair in the random image rotations at the top banner. :P

HAHA, but now you've implanted the idea in my head XD

Dr. Killjoy
3rd February 2011, 12:40 AM
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/Chocoboknight99/thankyoubaron.jpg

This is the greatest thing in the (admittedly brief) history of this forum.

That is all.

Mantis
3rd February 2011, 12:46 AM
This is the greatest thing in the (admittedly brief) history of this forum.

That is all.

DoomBearon

(In-joke only myself, Dr. K and Baron will get.)

Masaka
3rd February 2011, 03:49 AM
I stayed holed up inside for most of the day because of all the snow outside. Although when the sun came out, I did end up playing outisde a bit.
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/Chocoboknight99/outlawstaruk.jpg
Once the sun was gone, I hit home before the vampires came out and watched anime for most of the day. There was a chinese New Years party yet again but this time at a different restaurant (this makes it completely different!:D).

*also, the picture says "Outlaw Star UK" and "Masaka" but the 'W' in Outlaw is blocked by a tree.

Mantis
3rd February 2011, 07:43 AM
Haha, that's awesome. :D

Dr. Killjoy
3rd February 2011, 04:48 PM
I just noticed you called Alan Turing the greatest guy who ever lived (yeah...don't know how I missed it on the first viewing). Your journal continues to be awesome =D I assume you're familiar with Ada Lovelace, too? Kind of funny how the first programmers were a woman and a gay man.

Masaka
5th February 2011, 05:10 AM
Friday/Saturday

Chess club met today as usual. I think I'm getting better at the game, especially with checkmating. Before I usually just kept killing pieces until the game ended with a two-king stalemate. Went looking around the house for old, used notebooks to see if there was one I could use for school (spending money is against my mom's religion T_T) <----JK. I found one that only had the first ten or so pages used. It seems like it was used by me and my friends when we were still in elementary school because the handwriting was really bad and there was a list of people we didn't like as kids(man, we were jerks as kids!).

*also @ Dr. Killjoy: I've never heard of Ada Lovelace, but I wiki searched her after you posted about her and from what I read she sounds pretty Bad #$@! 19th century and she was already talking about computers?!?!?!? All this time I though Alan Turing was years ahead of his time but Ada was decades early! Wish school taught us about these people or at least mentioned them :P

AsherTheWilliams
5th February 2011, 06:33 AM
My chess games tend to end in stalemates as well.
You must teach me your ways sometime.

Masaka
6th February 2011, 04:27 AM
Saturday/Sunday

Played chess with Dr. Killjoy today, I had to learn chess notation but it was really easy to figure out. Heard four minutes of the Outlaw Star Japanese dub for the first time. The voice actors are incredibly different but it makes me want to re-watch the whole series in Japanese now. We got more snow, but I can still see the 'Outlaw Star UK' thing I wrote Wednesday:D.

*@Asher: XD I can direct you towards my chess sensei, http://www.chess.com/play/computer.html :P

Mantis
6th February 2011, 09:42 AM
It's survived? Nice. As for the Japanese dub, it's great but I think the English dub is actually better. I've compared the two and the English version has way better dubbed sound effects and a better written script. But then you'll get those damned weeaboos who will refuse to watch the English dub regardless! O_o

Good luck with the chess game!

Flare
6th February 2011, 02:24 PM
Hope you're not refering to me, Mantis :S

Regardless; I actually agree with you. I've listened to a few episodes of Outlaw Star in Japanese and English and I actually prefer the English dub. I still believe that the dubbing studios haven't done a good dub from Japanese to English since Outlaw Star and Cowboy Bebop. Usually you're forced to listen to generic voices which don't fit the characters at all.

Saying that, I haven't heard Ouran High School Host Club in English yet.. ;D I might be wrong!

Go for it, Masaka! :D

BaronOfStuff
6th February 2011, 03:30 PM
Usually you're forced to listen to generic voices which don't fit the characters at all.

Say what you want about anime dubs, but nothing will ever be as bad as this emotionless videogame VA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAtC1SzWSXg

Dr. Killjoy
6th February 2011, 05:09 PM
My chess games tend to end in stalemates as well.
You must teach me your ways sometime.

No, I'd be a better teacher for you, and I'm in the process of proving that right now! =P

Never actually watched the Japanese Outlaw Star dub, don't think I will though. I'm not a xenophobe or anything (wouldn't be an anime fan if I was!), but I tend to prefer the characters onscreen speaking in English. So unless the English dub is nonexistent or terrible, I tend to stick with it.

Masaka
7th February 2011, 12:56 AM
Saying that, I haven't heard Ouran High School Host Club in English yet.. ;D I might be wrong!

Personally I prefer the Japanese dub for that anime, but the english one is good too. You might also be happy to know that Mori is voiced by the same guy that does Roy from Full Metal Alchemist.

*Edit

Oh right my day O_O

Sunday

Went to Tim Horton's for breakfast. My soup came with some pepper to sprinkle on. The first thing that popped in my head was Asher's nickname=Pepper. Hatsune Miku has been getting stuck in my head now ever since Flare re-introduced it into my life. I really like listening to vocaloids though so it was a good thing. Right now my Dad's watching the super bowl. He really loves American culture since China was still pretty hard communist when he lived there so it's interesting to see his perspective of being "American".

Flare
7th February 2011, 02:53 PM
Personally I prefer the Japanese dub for that anime, but the english one is good too. You might also be happy to know that Mori is voiced by the same guy that does Roy from Full Metal Alchemist.

I'll have to check that out soon o.o (Though it'll be interesting to hear Roy Mustang go "Ah.")

Hatsune Miku has been getting stuck in my head now ever since Flare re-introduced it into my life. I really like listening to vocaloids though so it was a good thing.

Hehehe, I'm glad ^^ Hatsune Miku deserves more love! *Dances with the Welsh Onions*

I'm glad your days are going great :D

Masaka
8th February 2011, 03:16 AM
Monday

We watched an old 50's movie about atomic bomb safety. They told us to duck and cover. Kokirininja posted a funny video about cops in Thailand during the word association game. It was really funny. I got a lot of sleep which was really nice. It's awesome to have so much leisure time in today's age. It makes me think about this book we're reading in english class called "Alas Babylon" and how the characters in that book have almost no leisure time at all because they constantly have to worry about survival.

*Edit

Kokirininja's post was actually in "Things you never want to hear". :P

Masaka
9th February 2011, 02:42 AM
Firing the double post cannon! *pew pew pew*

Tuesday

I woke up later than usual so I went to the school cafeteria to eat breakfast since I didn't have time at home. They had waffles. The fire alarm went off twice in less than thirty minutes. My socks got a little wet. Our astronomy class had it's first outdoor star viewing night. Our teacher brought along a really big telescope that let us see craters on the moon. It was really awesome, at first I thought it was fake because the view was just so clear, but it really was the moon up close!

Kokirininja
9th February 2011, 03:37 AM
Fire alarms, are no fun. I'm assuming it was just a test, or did some little incidents actually happen? And waffles, yum! :D And how did you manage to get your socks wet haha, go jumping in puddles XD
And that's really awesome! I wish we had a class like that, sounds pretty neat.

Masaka
9th February 2011, 03:51 AM
Hehe, there were multiple rumors circulating around the school as to whether it was a kid who pulled it or if there was some problem with the alarms (Us silly high-school kids:P). We still have a good foot of snow left over from a storm so when we all had to go outside after the alarm went off, snow got in my shoes. However the waffles were indeed delicious so my day was made!

This may sounds weird, but I actually enjoy when fire alarms go off at school. It breaks the everyday routine and since we never really worry about a real fire, I like going outside for a few minutes to catch some sunlight in school. But that's just me :| (I can completely understand why everyone hates fire alarms going off when there's no real fire)

Kokirininja
9th February 2011, 03:58 AM
Turns out right after I graduated my high school went super strict.. So no way someone would pull a fire alarm unless they want to stand in front of the principal and be melted by his laser beam eyes! Ah, I see. I can't remember the last time I had waffles.. :( And its not weird at all, I understand where your coming from and enjoy that aspect of it as well. We have only had test drills and they always happened during my math class, was nice to have that little break! XD

Masaka
11th February 2011, 02:26 AM
Thursday

I had a stomach ache yesterday, don't think I was able to post much. Feeling great today. Sister from college came to visit. Watched some Baccano, nice to catch up since I had a lot of free time today. Learned a new piano song and a new time management skill which let me post this (:D).

Today was definitely one of those good days.

Masaka
12th February 2011, 07:37 AM
Friday/Saturday

Today in chess club, two of our members were writing this weird equation on the board.
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/Chocoboknight99/equationchessclubsafew.jpg

Looked like gibberish to me. Other than that, there's this weird troll thing going around where people are posting this fake news story that Canada and the United States merged into one Super state. I'm not sure whether the equation is more complex or the conspiracy.

Flare
12th February 2011, 11:28 AM
Conspiracy. Definately. :D

I'm glad you're feeling better, Masaka. Tummy aches are awful.

Masaka
13th February 2011, 04:07 AM
Saturday/Sunday

Not much to say today. Started reading this one comic called "DargonBall Multiverse". It was pretty interesting and had good art for a fan-made comic. Went on Youtube and listened to a whole bunch of national anthems from different countries. I think my favorite ones, as far as listening to them as musical pieces, were Russia's and China's :D. I still had to listen to the USA's one a few times though to make sure I was still in a patriotic mood :P.

(But seriously, China's is freaking catchy XD. I'm not trying to put one country over the other, this is completely about their anthems and only the anthems!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaBmQf0flI
I mean come on! I don't care WHAT your opinion is of China, music is music and I was humming this thing all day at work (Which actually isn't so bad because I work at a Chinese restaurant XD)

hmmm, guess I did have much to say after all O_O

AsherTheWilliams
13th February 2011, 04:39 AM
That is a great anthem. :D
As they say:
"I don't have a clue what they're sayin', but I love the way they say it."

Masaka
14th February 2011, 03:23 AM
Sunday

During the chat room party today, someone mentioned the Grammy's music awards. I watched a bit of them and I think this was the highlight.

Justin Bieber gets attacked by ninjas on stage.
http://3391.voxcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Justin-Bieber-Usher-Grammy-Awards-01-2011-02-13.jpg

Lucky for him though, the kid from the new karate kid movie was also there to save him. Tomorrow I'm reading to some elementary kids. I just hope my mind doesn't wander off into ninjas by that time.

Kokirininja
14th February 2011, 06:52 AM
Lol masaka

"Once upon a time there lived a cat on a mat. He always wore his favorite hat. One day the CAT WAS ATTACKED BY NINJAS!! NINJA STARS! KATANAS! BLOOD EVERYWHERE!!!! Oh sorry got off track there...."

XD

AsherTheWilliams
14th February 2011, 07:43 AM
You crazy. :P

Flare
14th February 2011, 12:51 PM
Hahaha Kokiri XD

Masaka, that is one catchy anthem ^^ Have you heard the Welsh National Anthem yet? I always sing that one instead of "God Save the Queen". I think it's just a bit downbeat and such. Maybe it's because I'm Welsh but the 'Royal Family' aren't someone I worship.

Masaka
18th February 2011, 12:31 AM
Thursday,

I haven't been on the forums for a few days now. I was glad to get some time today, and I practiced some piano.

(This is when I decided that I had a good gimmick for my post!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MoBf8JM4Y

Other than pausing near the end of piano songs, I also noticed this one new show on Cartoonnetwork called Sym-Bionic Titan. It's actually a pretty good show.

Mantis
22nd February 2011, 08:00 PM
That's brilliant. Beautiful song, too. I wish I could do that. I own a half-decent keyboard but I've neglected it despite wanting to learn. How long have you been learning piano for?

Kokirininja
12th September 2011, 06:04 AM
Happy Birthday Masaka! :D

AsherTheWilliams
12th September 2011, 06:25 AM
Happy belated Birthday boyo!!! XD

Mantis
12th September 2011, 11:35 AM
Have a good one.

Diz
12th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Happy awesome Masaka day!

TheMachetejoe
12th September 2011, 09:07 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I got you a cake..but..I got hungry..

Masaka
31st October 2011, 11:08 PM
XD wow, you guys still wished me happy birthday when I was in an internet coma thanks! (just kidding about the coma part)

In all seriousness though, I haven't been on in forever (I remember doing something like this back in June or July) . But I actually have something noteworthy to put in this here notes/journal section sooooo: Got a New computer =D

My old one was Window's Vista which took about 30 minutes to start up. This one is Window's 7 which takes 30 seconds to start up ^_^. Today was a good day.

Mantis
1st November 2011, 01:10 AM
Thirty minutes to start up? My machine's been running for thirty days. Welcome back, though. It's good to see you here again.

Masaka
4th November 2011, 05:17 AM
XD yeah it's good to be back (not sure for how long, but I always enjoy coming back here ^_^).

Thursday/Friday

Started watching "Clash of the Titans" in Mythology class. Never seen the movie before, but it had some funny claymation scene of a giant vulture O_O.

Also started watching a movie in International Relationships class called "The mouse that roared"... or something like that. In the movie, a fictional country that is the smallest nation on earth goes to war with the US... and wins XD.

Now if only school could be filled with movies all day =D