PDA

View Full Version : Flare

Flare
3rd February 2011, 05:28 PM
I suppose it's about time I started keeping a journal again. (I haven't done so since DeviantArt.)

Today, nothing really happened. Last tuesday, my boyfriend accidentally formatted my harddrive, so I'm trying to download all my anime, Lineage II and Project Diva (Miku Hatsune) again! MSN is being annoying, so I need up update that too. Hehe, I suppose it's just a lot of computer problems. I need a new laptop anyway. My brother says it's typical of me to have a buggy laptop, as I am no good with technology, (Technological items always seem to explode when I touch inanimate objects..)
Drew a lovely picture today, so that goes in the art stack.
Still looking for a job (fun -.-;; )

I've had the song "You Raise Me Up" stuck in my head all day today. I wonder why?

I have a strange interest in meeting 'The Warden', perhaps if just for a laugh? Hehehe...
I've had several messages from my clan members of OutlawStar on L2, begging me to try and recruit more to play. So in return, I've been trying to recruit them to come here.

BTW, does anyone use the chat room? =S

Dr. Killjoy
3rd February 2011, 11:17 PM
my boyfriend accidentally formatted my harddrive

I just can't get over this. How does someone -accidentally- format a hard drive? I don't think you're the tech incompetent one here =P

Mantis
4th February 2011, 03:15 AM
my boyfriend accidentally formatted my harddrive

I just can't get over this. How does someone -accidentally- format a hard drive? I don't think you're the tech incompetent one here =P

Funny this has been brought up as I accidentally formatted my ex-girlfriend's hard drive. :sick: And I've studied computing at college and I'm generally pretty damn good with computers. I was trying to use a bootable partition manager to create a new partition so I could install a secondary OS for her. You may remember me telling you this, though it was some time ago. Something went horribly wrong, and everything had been deleted. Despite my best efforts I could not recover the data. She cried. I felt terrible, lol.

That was the one time that being the "computer whiz" had actually backfired on me. Yet I hate being the guy who is viewed as that because everyone expects jobs doing for free! And I can't recall how many jobs I have done asking for nothing in return. Meh. :P Anyway...

[hr]

I hope you sort out the laptop situation. I look forward to seeing your art, by the way. Ah, jobs. Sure isn't easy to find one lately, though I could be making more of an effort myself. As for The Warden, if you want to meet him you have to get banned. But I really would not recommend that as it won't be so much of a laugh when you can only post in Hecatonchires. The recruitment thing sounds great. :D Tell them to specify you as the referrer too.

Unfortunately it seems everyone logs into the chat room at different times. However, I think we'll schedule a chat at the weekend again and hopefully more members will turn up this time.

Flare
4th February 2011, 12:08 PM
Yes, Doctor, 'accidentally'... :) (I wonder how many times a real doctor has heard that?)

Okies, on to today. My Lineage II file has finally finished downloading, though I'm sure I'll need to find the Freya patch T.T But we'll see when it comes time to install it. Project Diva is also up and running (Running PoPiPo literally o.o; ) and there's something I must tell you. My 'heated' discussion with a 'Furry'. Now, as most of you know, I'm an Anthro artist (as far as 'furry' things go, I limit myself to just drawing art.) This guy was.. well, you can guess ^^;

The 'discussion' was more like a one-way target practise. That was until I'd snapped on him. Most 'Furries' get such a bad name from people like this guy. Kinda like a rotting apple in a bushell.

Today, I have decided to brave myself and post some art pictures in the art section ^^
....Beware.... o.o

Dr. Killjoy
4th February 2011, 06:21 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly was the "heated discussion" about?

Looking forward to seeing the artwork, by the way.

AsherTheWilliams
5th February 2011, 06:38 AM
So you have a Deviant Art?
I would like to follow your work. :D

Flare
5th February 2011, 12:13 PM
*Used to have dA ;)

The heated discussion was about a Digimon character. The things he was saying about a character that was targetted for children... eww. In the end I threatened to call the police and register him as a pedophile. He soon changed his tune.

Okies, on to today.
My boyfriend has some tickets to see the new 3DS in Bristol. I'm thinking of going. But I dunno if I can scrape the money up to go. I'm currently saving for a new laptop and enough money to go to Poland for 2 weeks.
I know I have promised to put artwork up, but I'm trying to find something 'appropriet', (as in, they are well drawn and not scribbled T.T) Think my first submition will be... the famous Aisha ClanClan X3
Felix (My oldest cat. He's nearly 1 year old) is very unwell so I'm just trying to figure out what to do with him at the moment. I'm cleansing his stomach with boiled water (which has cooled down) and feeding him only dry food when he's hungry.
I finally have my hands on Project Diva for the PC again ^^ So my house is filled with Miku Hatsune once more!

How're you all doing?

Mantis
5th February 2011, 12:54 PM
Oh god. Not Dirty Renamon I hope. >_> I also hope that Felix gets well soon!

Dr. Killjoy
5th February 2011, 05:10 PM
Hey, don't knock Dirty Renamon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWJTC6MJmw

Anyway, on the subject of the journal entry, it sounds like you handled it pretty well. I never understood people who feel the need to tell others their bizarre fetishes D=

Hope your cat gets will soon!

Masaka
5th February 2011, 07:14 PM
Hey, don't knock Dirty Renamon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWJTC6MJmw

Anyway, on the subject of the journal entry, it sounds like you handled it pretty well. I never understood people who feel the need to tell others their bizarre fetishes D=

Hope your cat gets will soon!

XD think that video made my day.

Also, Flare, loving the Hatsune Miku picture :D

Mantis
5th February 2011, 07:26 PM
That video made my week. Well, not quite, but damn it's funny. The furries were just asking for it when they made the request for no one to make a video involving Renamon doing everything that's in this.

BaronOfStuff
5th February 2011, 09:27 PM
As for The Warden, if you want to meet him you have to get banned. But I really would not recommend that as it won't be so much of a laugh when you can only post in Hecatonchires.

Been there, it was around a year ago when the forum would make up the rules as it went along. It's crap in Hecatonchires, and what's worse is that he didn't even say anything.

EDIT:
Dirty Renamon, dohoho.

Mantis
5th February 2011, 09:59 PM
That's because you were released more or less immediately. :P

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4927/bannedk.jpg

Flare
6th February 2011, 01:33 PM
Baron, that sounds like a whole lot of fun right there :D
Masaka, thanks ^^ Who could not like Hatsune Miku? Well.. Actually I did find something that turned my stomach concerning the Vocaloid last night T.T

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEeb9rOKn3Y&feature=related

Lately I've been playing a lot of Fatal Frame 4 (Wii) and got so freaked out, I vowed not to play any more scary games for a few months. (When I close my eyes, I still see the outline of the Director.. T.T) Well, last night I was playing Project Diva (pc) when I noticed a strange song I'd never seen before. Curious, I clicked it. I cried and refused to play it half way through. I have an immense fear of Zombies, Ghosts and anything Hideous. T.T
The video isn't that scary, but I think I've been conditioned by so many japanese horror games that I freak out over such things. The Calling for the Wii freaked me out too.. I couldn't use public toilets (not that you'd want to) for 2 months after that game.

Felix is feeling much better today, so I'm crossing my fingers. I'll be making an appointment with the vet any way.
Lineage II is downloaded once more so I'll be installing it today ^^

How about you? Has anyone felt that way after playing a game?

BaronOfStuff
6th February 2011, 03:28 PM
I have an immense fear of Zombies, Ghosts and anything Hideous. T.T

What about... no, I won't ruin it. But you probably shouldn't have let me know this if you're going to join in on our gaming sessions.

How about you? Has anyone felt that way after playing a game?

Nein, absolutely not with games. Depending whether or not I am drinking, horror games may make me jump, shout, swear and generally cause the controller to be thrown in a random direction, but once that initial moment is over I'll just kill/avoid the offending enemy (depending on the game), and then it's like nothing even happened. In fact, I can't say I've ever been truly scared by a game. While I'm still playing I might get mildly tense or whatever (depending entirely on the game and situation; not exactly going to be shredding my nerves because of one Zombie in RE2), but once the game's off, any associated feelings are turned off with it. Back to bland old reality, away from it all, etc..

Flare
6th February 2011, 03:56 PM
I wish I could do that! Then I won't have to be afraid of Japanese Porcelain Dolls and little Japanese girls giggling.
About RE.. well, my boyfriend decided to put an emulator on my Wii. It didn't work out well. The game froze and it was a black screen (as expected). We went out for a cigarette when he heard a horrific noise. We came in and the screen had a picture of the most deformed zombie and the sound was just moans/screams being replayed due to an error. *shivers* I never looked at my tv the same way again o.o

BaronOfStuff
6th February 2011, 04:35 PM
About RE.. well, my boyfriend decided to put an emulator on my Wii. It didn't work out well.

Erm...
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/3/954263_122191_front.jpg

Dr. Killjoy
6th February 2011, 05:04 PM
Who's Hatsune Miku?

On the subject of horror games: RE2 was my first horror game ever, and I first played it when I was (I believe) 10 or 11. That left me with quite a few sleepless nights. A couple years later, I discovered Eternal Darkness which also scared me pretty bad. Completing the trifecta of games that kept me scared after the console was off was Silent Hill 2, which I didn't discover until high school. I actually held up pretty well until the labyrinth.

What about... no, I won't ruin it. But you probably shouldn't have let me know this if you're going to join in on our gaming sessions.

I assume it involves a certain Skulltag PWAD =P

BaronOfStuff
6th February 2011, 05:13 PM
I assume it involves a certain Skulltag PWAD =P

Yes, amongst others...

Masaka
7th February 2011, 01:09 AM
Who's Hatsune Miku?

The short version would be, a singing computer program.

The long version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatsune_Miku

AsherTheWilliams
7th February 2011, 04:20 AM
Self-aware computer programs frighten me. :S

Flare
7th February 2011, 12:46 PM
Self-aware computer programs frighten me. :S

Awww, but Miku is adorable ^^ (apart from that one song >>)
Then again.. if she is self aware.. imagine trying to delete her from your computer o.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN7mR_ECQjo&feature=related
This would be an accurate description.

Anyway, on to today. Things aren't so great, but don't worry, I won't bog you all down and post it here XD
Felix is still very ill. Job search is giving no results as of yet. I've been emersing myself in Miku and artwork, so maybe I'll have something worth while to show you all soon. Haven't got Lineage II to work properly yet. After watching a few videos on youtube, I've been thinking of getting Left 4 Dead 2 for the pc. Now, I know it's a zombie sort of thing, but the co-op looks really fun and most of my friends play it, so it should be fun. The 'Witch' bloopers are something to giggle at :D

Okay, thanks to the good Doctor.. I have just seen the "Goosh Goosh" scene.. I feel sick... very very sick... there goes my appertite for this week... X.x

BaronOfStuff
7th February 2011, 04:44 PM
Okay, thanks to the good Doctor.. I have just seen the "Goosh Goosh" scene.. I feel sick... very very sick... there goes my appertite for this week... X.x

Bahahaha! He claims another victim!

Dr. Killjoy
7th February 2011, 05:39 PM
Hey, I just showed you the reaction shot, you're the one who wanted to know what it was D=

Flare
7th February 2011, 05:46 PM
Hey, I just showed you the reaction shot, you're the one who wanted to know what it was D=

Curiosity killed the cat. It's certainly killed this Vixen's appetite X.x

Masaka
8th February 2011, 02:22 AM
Lovin' all the Miku videos! I'm too lazy to find good ones by myself so thanks for the shares.

Good to see you can still find some good things about your days. Optimism!

Flare
8th February 2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks, Masaka ^^ I'm glad you're loving all the Miku stuff as much as me :)

Okay, on to today. Had a call from the doctor today and the results came back: I am officially Anemic again (wonderful! :S). Supposedly, she said Anemia goes hand in hand with my already diganosed PCOS, but I can't confirm that...
Anyway, later I had an appointment at the job centre; no new jobs as of yet so I'm still swimming pretty in the pool of unemployment :D (why am I even smiling to that? o.o)
Dug out my old Platinum and Heart Gold DS cards today, so I'll probably be flicking through them in my spare time.

Just for you, Masaka :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wkpmOWPKP8

Saw this and thought of you :)

Mantis
8th February 2011, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear about the anemia. I can relate to receiving pretty bad news so I know how frustrating it can be. Hopefully you'll be able to control it okay, though? Jobs sure aren't easy to find lately. I hope you find one soon.

Flare
8th February 2011, 09:09 PM
Ah, no cause for concern. I've battled with Anemia since I was little. I have some iron supplements so they should help me ^^
As for the job, I actually had an e-mail off an employer today. I sent an application to them a few months ago and this job has been off the Direct Gov site for quite a while. At least they got back to me, I suppose :D

Masaka
9th February 2011, 02:06 AM
Hope things start turning out for the better on your part. Like Mantis said, good luck with the job hunting!

AsherTheWilliams
9th February 2011, 06:17 PM
Great things are waiting for you just around the bend! :D

Flare
10th February 2011, 01:04 AM
Today, I'm not very happy.

If you don't want to see rant after rant probably relating to PMS, I'd click out of this topic now.

***Last Warning***

Okay.
Today, I have to take Cookie (my 8 month old kitten) to the vet to get neutered. It's not my personal choice, but it's my parents. I know he'll be fine. It's a small operation, but I'm still worried. We'll see tomorrow ^^
The cats are currently scaling the walls! Well, Felix is actually sitting on the top of the couch, putting his paw on my head and pulling my hair this very moment >>
I have to be at the vets by 8:50 in the morning. I'm planning on staying out until late afternoon. Why? Well, let's just say I'm not in a rush to get home. Things at home have been really rough lately. My mother suffers from AMD (Age related Macular Degeneration) so she is practically blind. She's been going blind since I was about 10, so it's no big surprise anymore. I do most of the household chores as though it's my own house. Because of this condition, she suffers with depression (unsurprisingly) and tends to lash out at me. They say people hurt those closest to them, right?
I suffer with my own condition, PCOS (Policystic Ovaries). Just two weeks ago, the doctor told me I may never be able to have children. Not only that, the condition will get worse as I get older. So that's got me down a lot too. My hormones are constantly unbalanced and I suffer amazing mood swings! (so if I scream at you, please don't take it personally :D)

I don't know.. when I'm online, I tend to keep my feelings bottled up and really only talk about things like this with my close friends and boyfriend (I'm pretty pissed at him right now too >=I). But it kinda helps to just... let it all out sometimes.
My sleep pattern is atrocious. My doctor says it's connected to PCOS because of the hormone levels. the only good thing in my favour at the moment is that I'm so weight conscious (as in, I'm always smack-dab where I should be on the BMI scale). But if I want to remain the same weight, I can only eat 850 kcal a day; regardless of what food it actually is. Considering the average female should eat 2000 kcal a day... it's pretty much nothing, right? With PCOS, it's so easy to put on weight and then the condition gets worse and worse.. urgh..

Another thing that's been pissing me off lately. The subject of 'Furries'. For the last time, I am NOT a 'Furry'. I just like to draw anthropomorphic art. Just because 3/4 of the 'community' (I use that word loosely and I honestly believe it's just an excuse to have a freakishly weird orgy) of Furries are such freaks, doesn't mean all of us who draw the art are like that. There. Done. Finished. If I hear any more on that subject concerning myself, I will just go crazy :D

I think I've pretty much said my peace now.. and I appologise for this post. I just had to vent it to get it out of my system, y'know?

Here's something to cheer you all up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SbTLSYPrz4

Kokirininja
10th February 2011, 03:16 AM
Damn... That's a lot to deal with Flare.. Truly am sorry that you have to go through all that. I really do hope things get better for you. And its good just to get rid of all that every once and a while XD I'm really bad about bottling up crap and it always ends up kicking me in the ass later. Well not exactly sure we can call each other close friends or anything, but if you need another person to talk to just shoot me a pm. Also here's another kitteh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnagRjxp7v4

Mantis
10th February 2011, 08:49 AM
Today's not a good day to be Cookie. I wish him and his balls luck. I believe I heard about your mother before, and it must be difficult for both her and yourself. I think I can understand why such a condition would make her bitter. It's true—for some people, the closer you are the more painful things can get. The hedgehog's dilemma...

Don't worry about the mood swings. Well, I don't know about the others, but I understand. As for your PCOS...

But if I want to remain the same weight, I can only eat 850 kcal a day; regardless of what food it actually is.

You're right. 850 is a very low amount, though I'd say if memory serves, the average for a female is 1500-2000. Not sure exactly where though. It depends on your current weight, your amount of exercise and your fitness targets. Regardless, whilst I'm sorry to hear about your PCOS, 850kcal per day will be seriously counter-productive. It will add to your fatigue and whilst the PCOS itself would be a main factor, I believe not eating enough is definitely a contributing factor. This is just advice but I'd consider gradually increasing your calorific intake, by 100 a week until you hit at least 1500. I know the weight gain symptom is probably daunting, but you burn a lot more calories if you have a better sleep pattern anyway. You'll be better off.

Well, for the record, if I made any comments that seemed like I was getting at you with the whole furry thing, I apologise. I didn't mean for anything to come across as hostile.

Diz
10th February 2011, 12:09 PM
Flaries! Wha-- o.o; I thought that I had posted in here at least once before. I must be forgetting to do things, how very lame of me. Though having that said, I have read through your journal, probably more than once. Being on this board, it is the first time both making and reading journals.

I hate the fact that there is so much bad going on in your life at the moment, Flare. I know that I am not a person that can say much to help solve anything or make things better, I really just never know what to say. In compensation, just having someone listening may at least free some pressure and frustration, and you know that you always can vent or talk about more or less anything with me. If one person ends up feeling happier, both will, and you could probably expect synergy from that! Well, a tendency in my case anyways, I feel. Flare, you are a really, really great person and a close friend, so it would be the very least I could do. Often I wish I could do more though. Even sometimes when we are not talking, I think about you and hope you are having a better day, and despite I never really pray or am religious or anything, I still at certain times have found myself doing a little prayer at night time in hope for your situation soon to improve. So there, I said it. XP

Hey, you always seem happy and quite full of joy, yellowness life at the Outlaw Star UK Forums, so we must be doing something right, ne? ^_____^

I hope things work out for you soon, Flaries. Nonetheless, you know where to find me, yush?

Might as well join the trend and post some kitty fun. Say, how do you break up a kitten fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDbGqJ2KYk&feature=fvst

Flare
12th February 2011, 11:44 AM
Well, Cookie's neutering went well and he's a picture of health ^^ (He hasn;t noticed something's missing yet o.o)

I got a call from my regular doctor yesterday. She said she was mad that another doctor told me the results. Also, that there's a high protein level in my liver. Looks like I'll need some more blood tests soon. I'm not that worried.

Had some weird dreams lately, but I've posted the most noteworthy :)
I had an art request from a friend. So I'll be working on that this weekend.
Not much to say, really...
Oh, I might be moving out soon!

Diz
12th February 2011, 12:35 PM
Flaries!! ^.^

If I got that right, things may not be as serious as the first doctor tried proving? Reminds me of certain doctors here locally, my friend had a hard time. Some doctors said it was nothing, gave some pills, while now he is having appointments with a doctor that knows better and he now has some treatment (constant nausea, sometimes throwing up blood, of course something is wrong).

Reminds me of Summers, and during visits to Denmark, I have been visiting the doctors almost every year going there. Most of the doctors did not know what was wrong and gave me penicillin, one doctor thought it was happening in my mind and the year after, a doctor even laughed. However, the year after that, both the doctor down there and the military doctor knew immediately that it was a combination of pollen sensitivity and astma, which can be nasty at Summer time, but also about the only time I have any symptoms. Right now, both me and my friend has an inhaler, hah.

Nonetheless, my point was that not all doctors know what they are talking about, which really does suck for the patient having the problem.

Great feeling, seems as if everything today so far is good! I am happy. :)

Flare
18th February 2011, 07:58 PM
I've been away for a few days, staying at a friend's house. She's just got engaged so we were discussing about the party and stuff ^^

Well, last night I was laying in bed with Amy watching the Grudge 3. Creepy or what? I know I was supposed to be scared of Kayako, but I found myself oddly attracted to the actress. I couldn't take her seriously XD She was too pretty! The little boy was freaky tho O.O
Then this morning, Amy decided to put a blonde wig on me and do my make-up. I must admit, it was strange XD I'll see if I can upload a pic off my phone sometime soon.

I've been using a Miku Hatsune 3-D modeller on my laptop recently too. Things are going well. I've finally cracked it ^^ (The Vocaloid programme was stupidly hard to crack o.o) I'll see if I can make anything worthwhile to show you all.

Lost 5 pounds on my diet lately, so yay ^^ not much left to lose. That Miku outfit shall be mine! >=3

Flare
4th March 2011, 04:53 PM
Wales won the referendum! Wales won the referendum! We can pass our own laws now! We won! Yay! One more step toward independence!

found this image online.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/461/holyadvicedog.jpg

Okies, on to my life.. things aren't too great at the moment. Arguing with my boyfriend and such, parents treating me more like a slave than a daughter, unable to get any sort of job... same old, I suppose. Meh... how're you guys doing?

Got addicted to a song I found lately too. This one's for you, Masaka!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFDWP5JwSM

:D

Dr. Killjoy
5th March 2011, 12:08 AM
Sounds to me like you may need to consider dumping your boyfriend =P

Mantis
5th March 2011, 12:59 AM
Arguments happen. They're a part of any healthy relationship and as long as things aren't beyond a fairly easy state of repair it's not much to get too concerned about. Good to hear about the referendum!

AsherTheWilliams
7th March 2011, 06:47 PM
Forgive me, but what was this referendum.
I should like to properly enthusiastic.

Flare
1st September 2011, 06:43 PM
Man, it's been a while since I wrote here... but everyone's gotta' start again some place, right?

A lot of things have happened to me in the last few months. At the end of June, I developed another abscess at the base of my spine. The doctors say it's a Pilonidal Sinus Abscess, most likely caused by a genetic disorder passed down by my father.

WARNING: CONTAINS HORRID PICTURES OF THE AFFLICTION VIA WIKIPEDIA. Alternative description available below link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilonidal_cyst

For those of you who don't want to click the link, I'll post a small description.
It's basically an abscess right where the cheeks of your bum start and when it's present, you're unable to sit up, stand up, walk around or lay on your back or sides. I should know ._.

I've had 5 of these abscesses in the same place within 12 months and thanks to the wonderful NHS, I've had to endure every single one of them until a student doctor at the hospital agreed with me that it's time to cut the area out. The doctors at the hospital were amazed that I worked 8 hours in the morning, standing up on my feet for the entire 8 hours (but that's a different rant coming) only for the fact that the abscess was so large. They said they hadn't seen one that size before and didn't know how I was even standing.
Anyway, I was in hospital for 6 days before I was allowed to go home so long as a District Nurse visits me everyday to change the bandages/plasters/packing etc.

For the last 2 months, I have been in sheer agony, on several different kinds of antibiotics and undue stress upon my head.. meh.

My boyfriend is over for a month and 3 weeks. I haven't seen him in person since January, so it's nice to have him around again. He's been a little angel with all the medical stuff that's going on.

Even though the abscess thing has passed for now, I'm still under the weather, still back and forth the doctors for blood tests etc. Nothing conclusive yet, so not worth talking about ;)

I recently got my hands on a copy of Left 4 Dead 2. Which was quite funny. I was in GAME (the game shop :P) and as I put it on the desk, the guy asks me for ID because it's rated 18. So I go into my bag and pull out my passport. Without looking at my ID, he turns to my boyfriend and demands ID from him too. Now, I know I don't look 18, but my boyfriend? He easily passes 21. He's 22, really. He didn't have his wallet on him, so the guy refused to sell me the game. I had a strange twitch and demanded to know why. "Because your friend doesn't have ID." "But I'm the one buying it." "Girls don't play these games." "Excuse me?!" "It's an offence to buy a rated game for an under age minor." "This game is for myself." "Oh sure it is..." So then he asks me about the game and I could tell him in clear detail everything about it. He blushed and fumbled for a while before finally admitting "W-well, you'll just need to get your parent to buy the game for you." "But I am 19 with legal proof which you haven't even looked at. I want to see the manager, especially after being insulted." "I am the manager." "Oh great, I'll go get my dad then." Luckily for me, my dad had driven us to the shopping centre and was waiting for us outside. As soon as my dad came in, the guy asked me AGAIN for ID, which he finally looked at it this time. Then of course, my dad started. He was mainly asking why he felt the need to insult me and not even look at my ID when I gave it to him. To cut a long story short, my dad has now written to GAME headquarters or something or other. Seriously didn't walk in there to be insulted in such a way ^^;; "This game clearly isn't for you." He seriously needs to broaden his horizons...

I've also been playing a lot of Dragon Age. Lately my days are filled with gaming and watching Hell's Kitchen ^^;; but meh.

How are you guys? :D

Dr. Killjoy
1st September 2011, 06:53 PM
Good to have you posting here again! Also good to hear you're feeling better, hopefully the abscesses aren't coming back, they don't sound pleasant in the least.

Also, it sounds like that manager needs to get out of his basement more often.

Mantis
1st September 2011, 08:01 PM
As I've said before, I wish you luck with the treatment. Days filled with gaming are awesome days. :D Oh, and I've always had a pretty bad view of GAME. You get too many staff members here who don't even know much about video games at all. I remember seeing one such staff member talking to a young mother about "Nintendo Dogs". I couldn't give a damn about Nintendogs, but at least get the name right. I could provide more examples, but I think it's a well established fact that they don't know what they're talking about. (Some exceptions.) Most importantly, whilst you can find the occasional bargain, you'll usually get far better deals online, and don't get me started on the trade-in prices for your games.

That guy sounds like a moron. I hope his superiors stab him with a pen.

Diz
4th September 2011, 01:12 AM
Ditto, good to see you posting again. I had no idea it was that hard for you to buy the game, wow. Seriously. I have a good few girls on my Steam Friends list who plays Left 4 Dead 2, but that's for the PC and not the Xbox 360, way different!

GAME? Tell me about it. Some time ago, there was one day my friend and I had arranged an evening of drinking and playing. GAME had a small store right next to Vinmonopolet, pretty much the only place in Norway that's allowed to sell alcohol (except beer and weak cider). For once I impulsively wanted to buy something, so my eyes fell on Wii Sports Resort, thinking my friend and I could try it out later in the evening or night. The girl who worked there told me that they had a used copy of the game, costing me 100 kroner less of its full price, so I decided to give that a try.

Once I got home, I decided to just open the package, and I always feel like checking if there's a disc in it, do call me paranoid. In fact, there were no discs in it, so I went straight back in order to have it all solved. Not paying 400 kroner for nothing, oh noes! So then they opened an archive and handed me the disc without extra hassle, thus I went back home. When I was home, I took a closer look on the disc, and I'll be damned. It said Wii Sports. I was sceptical, so I inserted the game into my Wii to verify. True dat- This was the exact same game which comes with your Wii for free, not Wii Sports Resort which I was supposed to get.

I went back down to GAME and told her about it, and she tried to call the previous owner about the matter, but nobody answered. She had a talk with the other girl who worked there and they seem to have believed that it was just stolen or something. I was offered a refund, but after all the hassle to get the game, I decided to just throw in an extra 100 kroner for an unused copy of the game. She apologized for all the back-and-forth'ing, but that's not really her fault. It wasn't too unpleassant anyway, just a little awkward! I just still felt it worthy a mention, perhaps GAME needs a little better control over things? Also, that store no longer exists there, so ha! <_>

Mantis
4th September 2011, 02:29 AM
Jesus. Typical ditzy GAME worker for ya...

BaronOfStuff
8th September 2011, 03:58 PM
"Girls don't play these games."

I laughed so hard.