• Not dating trans means you are discriminating
  • Not dating trans means you are discriminating

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 03:16 AM
    Posts
    1,400
    Wong
    31,894

    Not dating trans means you are discriminating

    So I guess this is something some of the left trans people are doing now. They are declaring that if you are bi, straight, or even gay/lesbian and you refuse to date them, you are discriminating against them. They go on to say that not dating anyone outside your race, not dating anyone of the same sex, and not dating someone who is fat is discrimination.

    They are basically saying you choose who you are attracted to and you are a bigot for saying otherwise.

    Last I checked being gay was not a choice. Saying the above, you are implying it is. The gay community should be getting mad over this, but they are not. Why is that?

    Why is it suddenly okay to say who you are attracted to is choice and choosing to not date transgender people is discrimination?

    Like... what!?

  2. Like Mantis, Lightfreed liked this post
    Agree Gamesha agreed with this post
  3. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 03:38 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,120
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,016,926
    Oh, geeze, I have some experience with this. Talked to a "girl" for a few months a couple of years back, turned out I'd been catfished, though fortunately it hasn't progressed that much.

    I ended it immediately when I found out. More than the catfish though, a mutual friend was very quick to shame me. Apparently, because I didn't know beforehand and things were going well, I was told I should remain with the person because nothing had really changed and I was acting transphobic by thinking otherwise. Jesus Christ, how about the fact I'd been lied to for months? Some of these complete morons don't understand that it's actually possible for somebody to not be attracted to his/her gender.

    So, I was the bad guy now. It's ludicrous. I don't think I'm going to try online dating again after shit like this.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  4. Like Lightfreed, KorinKitty liked this post
    Agree Gamesha agreed with this post
  5. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Seen
    14th April 2018 06:21 AM
    Posts
    143
    Wong
    6,824
    It's interesting to observe these differences in dating. Throwing around terms like preference, lifestyle, discrimination, racism when not choosing someone really heats up some conversations. I would basically just assume that people just date the type of people they're used to dating or attracted to. While I do support the idea of being open in many facets of life, nobody can really change a person's innate attractions or the familiarity with certain codes of conduct within the cultures we create and experience under our "tribe" groupings. Lalala.

  6. Like Mantis liked this post
    Agree KorinKitty agreed with this post
  7. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    8th April 2019 08:48 PM
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,665
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    14,121
    I mean it's a fine line right?
    Like how different really is it to say, "I don't date short people." VS "I don't date white people."?
    Is it preference or prejudice? Idk.

    I guess the metric would be to get to know the person first and go from there.

    But honestly idk.
    Muddy waters my friends, muddy waters...
    Not dating trans means you are discriminating-muddy-waters-gif
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear fate." - Narrator
    avatar by: beautifulhangoverx


    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews


    This was a good idea Mantis.

  8. Like Mantis, KorinKitty liked this post
  9. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 03:38 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,120
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,016,926
    It's typically more about how much you crave the D or the V, on the most human level.

    Not dating trans means you are discriminating-tumblr_inline_oci2teh0yr1sjht11_500-gif

    This guy is very much half a man in height, but what a cool man he is. That's the key word: a man. The absolute fundamentals of biology play a larger role than skin colour or height. For a long time many gay people have said that it's something they're "born with". I agree, but the same is true of heterosexuality. Imagine if we started scolding homosexuals for not wanting to date a transgender man who biologically is a woman. It wouldn't happen because double standards.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  10. Agree AsherTheWilliams agreed with this post
  11. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 04:50 AM
    Location
    THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    Posts
    185
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    6,196
    I remember this.

    Personally, I don't care about discrimination. Everyone discriminates all the time. About practically everything we do. The SJWs only seem to care when one of their sacred cows is even remotely slighted.

    Analgy time.
    If you choose to watch Outlaw Star instead of Naruto, does that mean you hate Naruto? Probably not. But even if you did, plenty of other people like Naruto more than Outlaw Star. So who really gives a heck?


    As always, I stand on the side of Freedom. And if some people out there decide that me not screwing a chick with a dick is unacceptable, they can kindly heck off.


    As an aside, it's likely to me that whoever started this notion is probably a tranny, themselves, and are just whining that they can't get a date.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Oh, geeze, I have some experience with this. Talked to a "girl" for a few months a couple of years back, turned out I'd been catfished, though fortunately it hasn't progressed that much.
    That sounds like something I'm sure other straight men have had to deal with, and I empathize. Not surprising that to those types of people, Right, Wrong and the Truth are less important to them than feelings. It is wrong to deceive people like what this person did to you, and you not accepting them is completely understandable.

  12. Agree Mantis agreed with this post
  13. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 03:16 AM
    Posts
    1,400
    Wong
    31,894
    The thing about this topic as well as attraction is partially down to innocent discrimination when you think about it. I dated one black guy when I was in high school and to be perfectly honest, I didn't like his smell or the way his hair felt. That wasn't what made me end it though... He got VERY possessive and pinned me up against a wall and basally threatened my life. The people like the OP would consider me a conditioned racist but I have always and will always prefer white men. I am not apposed to Hispanic men because they too have soft hair and a different smell. I mean really.. it comes down to the senses. I had a friend growing up who was white and she only dated black men. She liked their hair, smell, ect.

  14. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 04:50 AM
    Location
    THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    Posts
    185
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    The thing about this topic as well as attraction is partially down to innocent discrimination when you think about it. I dated one black guy when I was in high school and to be perfectly honest, I didn't like his smell or the way his hair felt. That wasn't what made me end it though... He got VERY possessive and pinned me up against a wall and basally threatened my life. The people like the OP would consider me a conditioned racist but I have always and will always prefer white men. I am not apposed to Hispanic men because they too have soft hair and a different smell. I mean really.. it comes down to the senses. I had a friend growing up who was white and she only dated black men. She liked their hair, smell, ect.
    I love black people... but I hate niggas.




    When we're young, we tend to make dumb decisions and act like fools. Of course, even as adults that can happen, but when you're in high school with all those raging hormones, that is when it is most likely to happen. I'm guilty of being a bad boyfriend, myself.

    Some people learn from their mistakes as children, others turn them into a lifestyle. I don't hang around those types. Hopefully you don't, either

  15. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  16. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 03:16 AM
    Posts
    1,400
    Wong
    31,894
    Quote Originally Posted by LtSurge View Post
    I love black people... but I hate niggas.




    When we're young, we tend to make dumb decisions and act like fools. Of course, even as adults that can happen, but when you're in high school with all those raging hormones, that is when it is most likely to happen. I'm guilty of being a bad boyfriend, myself.

    Some people learn from their mistakes as children, others turn them into a lifestyle. I don't hang around those types. Hopefully you don't, either
    Oh I know. I just wanted to share that. I feel like people assume it came down to anger but I generally don't like the smell of certain people. It just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why. lol I have been called many things for saying I prefer white men. People really don't say anything now because I am married but still. Why does it matter that one white woman would not date black men? There are plenty who do and honestly it tends to piss black women off. lol I had a black friend in high school who even told me that she hated when white women dated black men. I didn't find it offensive she was just speaking how she felt. People are too sensitive though.

  17. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 04:50 AM
    Location
    THE HOUSE OF THE LORD
    Posts
    185
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    6,196
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Oh I know. I just wanted to share that. I feel like people assume it came down to anger but I generally don't like the smell of certain people. It just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why. lol I have been called many things for saying I prefer white men. People really don't say anything now because I am married but still. Why does it matter that one white woman would not date black men? There are plenty who do and honestly it tends to piss black women off. lol I had a black friend in high school who even told me that she hated when white women dated black men. I didn't find it offensive she was just speaking how she felt. People are too sensitive though.
    It is kinda interesting about smell... the last time I had a girlfriend her scent was the most unique captivating thing about her. Nobody else seemed to notice a smell on her, so it was an inside joke that she directed her pheromones at me or something. Ah... good times

Similar Threads

  1. What aspect of technology means the most to you?
    By KorinKitty in forum Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th July 2017, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •