• Thoughts on mandatory vaccination?
  • Thoughts on mandatory vaccination?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:51 AM
    Posts
    1,460
    Wong
    33,330

    Thoughts on mandatory vaccination?

    Here in the US, there are some people working on some kind of mandatory measure to force people to get vaccinated, even if they don't want to. This is not only for diseases that spread but everything in between. I am not a fan of the vaccination protocol in this country myself but I feel people have the right to decide for themselves.

    The thought of being medically forced against one's will to do something doesn't sit right with me at all.

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today 11:38 AM
    Posts
    82
    Wong
    3,669
    Anyone who is subjected to the forced injection of an unknown substance into their body is not someone that I would call "free". We will never be able to attain true and complete freedom, but there's a difference between paying taxes and getting mandatory vaccinations. There are some lines you just don't cross, this is one of them.

    As an aside, vaccines are junk science. People will spit on you for suggesting this (which is scary, as anything which cannot be questioned SHOULD be questioned), but there is a large body of evidence to suggest that vaccines do more harm than good and can actually decrease resistance to a disease and help diseases to proliferate. Opponents to this statement will often show you graphs and figures detailling how vaccines have saved X amount of lives, but what many hardcore pro-vaxxers neglect to mention or realize, is that availability of vaccines within a population almost always coincides with greater access to healthy food, better handwashing techniques and improved sanitation habits -- in other words, there's really no way of telling if vaccines have saved lives, or simply better nutrition and sanitation. We have done nowhere near enough research to conclusively prove that vaccines are less harmful than what they allegedly prevent, and thus the idea of forcing healthy people to be injected with them solely for societal peace of mind is ludicrous.

  3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Disagree S1LVERST@R35 disagreed with this post
    Facepalm S1LVERST@R35 facepalmed at this post
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    8th October 2019 01:12 AM
    Location
    The ever-expanding cosmos
    Posts
    197
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    1,619
    Simply put, I think it's in the best interest of public health that we encourage people to get vaccinations.
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

  5. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:51 AM
    Posts
    1,460
    Wong
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawBard19 View Post
    Simply put, I think it's in the best interest of public health that we encourage people to get vaccinations.
    I am fine with encouraging it but forcing it is too far. I am not sure how this is handled anywhere else in the world other than in the US but having a choice should be part of freedom.

    Vaccinations work for what they are intended to do but the risks and health complications that come with them are never clearly outlined to the public, especially not for flu vaccinations. You end up with people who are terrified of them entirely and people who push false information because of it. They will always have risks, this is why they have no liability. They could not afford the number of lawsuits they would receive if this was the case. People would be suing them from minor issues that can be easily corrected and major ones.

    I won't pretend to be some who is for vaccination because I feel as it is right now, it is too risky but I will not deny that it has helped a lot of people and prevented things from happening on a larger scale. I feel like things need to be made more transparent for health in general, not just about vaccinations. I'm not trying to change your mind on anything here either, I just think there are better ways of going about this when it comes to addressing things.

    I like Japan's approach to not vaccinating children until the immune system is fully formed. This is around the age of 2 unless it is medically necessary for that individual child. Simply making that change would reduce a lot of the risks that vaccinations have.

  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:31 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,096
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    10,865
    I took my wife to the doctor's office today and she went in for a physical exam. I was in the waiting room and when she came back out she told me that she got an injection of some sort...her English isn;t perfect and I think she just went along with it. Turns out it was a flu shot, but the idea of them pushing that on my wife when she couldn't really understand it (and they knew this) kind of pissed me off. I'm not an anti-vaxxer but vaccines NEED to be questioned. Even if they are effective, I worry that we are getting way too many of them. I'm not sure which are truly beneficial and which are pushed on us so doctors can make money. Perhaps they aren't very expensive for the patient, but the doctor's office gets to bill your Insurance company for a lot of money. It is in the best interest of doctors to push a procedure on you that costs them...maybe $5 per vaccine and 20 seconds of time when they can make $100 on it easily.

    By age 5 or so, American kids get like 20+ vaccines. Are all 20 or so NECESSARY or even relevant to diseases that exist in America? Vaccines are definitely a life-saving invention but is seems that they are being abused these days. I'm more concerned about antibiotics killing off all but super strong strains of diseases. It's not that people over-use antibiotics, but moreso that antibiotics are mixed into animal food. A lot of animals we eat for food must consume antibiotics every day just so they don't die because the remaining infection strains are so powerful at this point. It's scary stuff and it makes me wonder if our future is being traded away so a few people can moke money right now.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  7. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  8. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 11:40 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    294
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,469
    Mandatory vaccination is a great idea that should be implemented in any country claiming to be healthy/caring about it's population.
    What many people look like they don't get is that vaccination is not an individual choice, it's not a <<my body, my choice>> situation.
    Vaccination is about public health, about preventing epidemics, which means it's not done to protect one's health but every other's.
    It's about making sure that, by not falling ill, you don't spread it to vulnerable people (who can't sustain the treatment or suffer more and quicker).
    Vaccinating oneself is a citizen's duty. And even if you don't buy that, it's still about protecting the elders, the chilren, the already ill, the weakened people (disabled, victim of immunodeficiency etc...
    OF COURSE people should be told about what's being injected, why we vaccinate, but it doesn't change anything.
    Better protect people without knowing how than harming them, knowing how, and not doing anything about it.

    Long story short : Vaccinating yourself is a matter of respect of human life, of one's fatherland's protection, of basic decency.
    If you don't comply, it means you spit on all the people you should be protecting.

    Finally, one last thing. A youtuber i follow has made a video about vaccines, or rather, of what they protect us from.
    Here is the liste of the disease meant to be fought with the french mandatory vaccination :
    -Diphteria
    -Tetanus
    -Poliomyelitis
    -Mumps
    -Hepatitis B
    -Whooping cough
    -Meningococcus
    -Haemophilus Influenza B
    -Pneumococcal

    Not vaccinating your chilf for these mean you purposedly do nothing to protect him/her from that.
    Look at theses afflictions descriptions and look at this video :
    It's in french but you don't need to understand the language because he has put videos of people suffering from those in the dedicated segments.
    If words can't convice you, then LOOK at what you're potentially letting people go through because injections hurt a few minutes, you want to chose, any other of those BULLSHIT. (WARNING : the images are rough, but real, if only watching shocks you, imagine what living feels like).

    I apologize if i'm acting angry, authoritarian or things like that, but this youtuber's video's conclusion is as enraging as it is heartbreaking :
    <<Remember. Remember we forgot. We forgot those diseases, what they did, and that they were part of our lives not so long ago.
    So remember that thanks to modern medicine and vaccination, we forgot.>>

    Finally, i am taking this matter deeply at heart because, even if i suffer a genetic disease resulting in my physical handicap, my parents vaccinating me potentially saved me from those, and that as a genetically ill person, i see a part of the tremendous amount of pain still lingering in our daily lives because of diseases.
    Even without those. And it really affects me to see people not fight against tragedies they can prevent.
    My disease couldn't be prevented but others, majorly more dangerous, can be. That's why, for me, not preventing them is one of the worst crimes.

    That's why stardood64, your speech is one of the most revulsing i can ever hear. You disgust me.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  9. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today 11:38 AM
    Posts
    82
    Wong
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post
    That's why stardood64, your speech is one of the most revulsing i can ever hear. You disgust me.
    It sounds like you're very biased on this subject and are inserting your own personal issues into the situation rather than attempting to view it objectively. To be perfectly honest, half of what you've stated here is incoherent babble, and much of what you've said, on a factual basis, is flat out wrong.

    First you say that vaccines "potentially saved you" from some kind of health issues -- next you say your health issues couldn't be prevented. Which is it? If vaccinations somehow helped you manage an illness, that's great; but you are one person. Your specific condition and set of circumstances should not be used as the standard for every other person. Vaccines have proven side effects, some of which can be extremely dangerous... and to try and demonize people who are realistic enough to admit this? That's ignorant and stupid.

    If you want, I will be happy to link you to peer-reviewed research regarding the safety and effectiveness of vaccines -- much of this research showing that vaccines are actually very harmful and largely uneffective. However, given how emotionally-invested you are in this topic, I doubt you would really read or consider anything I show you. The fact you're basing your support of vaccines on the concept that they "potentially" saved you from something is indicative that of the fact that you're thinking with your heart rather than your head. I am terribly sorry for your suffering, but I very much doubt that vaccines had anything to do with lessening it, and you are wrong in what you think.

  10. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 12:57 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,234
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,019,235
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post
    That's why stardood64, your speech is one of the most revulsing i can ever hear. You disgust me.
    Dude, really, calm down. Ad hominem really isn't going to win you any debate. On the contrary, vitriol will only work against you. You're entitled to your opinion, but so is StarDood64. Keep that in mind. Blue Heaven is for debates and controversial topics, but refute StarDood64's beliefs with your own (plus any sources) and with civility. I'm sure the two of you can settle your differences like men.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  11. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 11:40 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    294
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,469
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    First you say that vaccines "potentially saved you" from some kind of health issues -- next you say your health issues couldn't be prevented. Which is it?
    You asking that shows you don't, yourself, pay attention to what's being said. I said my current condition couldn't be prevented, but that others conditions may have been avoided thanks to that. These are two different thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    If vaccinations somehow helped you manage an illness, that's great; but you are one person
    First : it did not help "manage" one, it potentially avoided it. Second : of course, my case is that of one person, and the almost eradication of smallpox is one of a few people too, a few millions.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    Vaccines have proven side effects, some of which can be extremely dangerous... and to try and demonize people who are realistic enough to admit this? That's ignorant and stupid.
    Them having side effects is probably true, even logic, risk 0 doesn't exist. However i've seen and read about a looooooooooot more people not getting the famous autism scarecrow after being vaccinated. This is not about denying potential fuck-ups, it's about realizing that the gains infinitely outweight the risks.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    The fact you're basing your support of vaccines on the concept that they "potentially" saved you from something is indicative that of the fact that you're thinking with your heart rather than your head.
    I'm using the word "potentially" out of honesty, because i can't say it for sure. But saying that a precaution "might" have helped is way more honest than saying
    "potentially, so not really, so don't do it". On the contrary, my "potentially" shows a lot more réflexion than your "better nutrition and sanitation, explains it all".

    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    I am terribly sorry for your suffering, but I very much doubt that vaccines had anything to do with lessening it, and you are wrong in what you think.
    It did not lessen anything because it's not the same. Avoiding one harm is not lessening the other.
    And also, if you really can feel empathy for sick/weakened people, you should see my point, not "incoherent babble".
    Protecting those who can't defend themselves with a few minutes of your time should be easy enough to understand.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    If you want, I will be happy to link you to peer-reviewed research regarding the safety and effectiveness of vaccines -- much of this research showing that vaccines are actually very harmful and largely uneffective.
    Show me. Because until now you haven't shown anything. Even less than me. Just saying "a lot of studies say" is not enough, or rather is shouldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    We will never be able to attain true and complete freedom, but there's a difference between paying taxes and getting mandatory vaccinations.
    I think this is where there are two kinds o people : those who only think about personnal matters and "freedom", and those who remember a thing called "duty". Rights come with duties, advantages come with inconvenients. If protecting those needing it is an inconvenient to you.

    Finally :
    Quote Originally Posted by StarDood64 View Post
    To be perfectly honest, half of what you've stated here is incoherent babble, and much of what you've said, on a factual basis, is flat out wrong
    Do like me, quote, and respond, because just naying "nope" is not enough.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  12. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Today 11:38 AM
    Posts
    82
    Wong
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post
    You asking that shows you don't, yourself, pay attention to what's being said
    No offense, but before you tell anyone to "pay attention", you should probably learn to communicate in English correctly. I can already tell this is going to be a tiring debate and you're far too emotionally invested to have a mature discussion so I bid you adieu.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •