• Is news media getting worse?
  • Is news media getting worse?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:59 AM
    Posts
    1,540
    Wong
    35,381

    Is news media getting worse?

    So I just heard about this:



    I am just dumbfounded. I don't know how these major new source publishers are publishing work without fact checking ANYTHING! I am worried about this problem as I know a lot of people harp to these places for factual content and time, and time again... They are publishing lies. I don't understand why so many people hate Trump. It isn't about political anymore, I think it is down to money. I didn't vote for Trump but based on what he has done, I support him. I love this country and it scares me that so many are willing to hate it over just one man.

    Do you think the news media is getting worse?

    I thought it was bad in 2016 but I think 2019 will be a disaster compared to what we have seen thus far.

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    16th November 2019 08:42 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    297
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,506
    The funny thing is that here in France we don't have to worry about fake news because since the start of the Yellow Jacket movement,
    our medias are, for a colossal majority, stuck in total submission to the government.
    So yeah, on one side you have people shouting their rage, and so saying/doing shit like anybody blinded by anger,
    and on the other side you have medias who, when they don't get direct orders from the government, look for the stance that will please the Elysée the best.
    In the end, there's little fake news, there's just a lot of exaggeration or minimization depending on who you're litening to :
    Desperate angry people, or quisling medias.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:59 AM
    Posts
    1,540
    Wong
    35,381
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post
    The funny thing is that here in France we don't have to worry about fake news because since the start of the Yellow Jacket movement,
    our medias are, for a colossal majority, stuck in total submission to the government.
    So yeah, on one side you have people shouting their rage, and so saying/doing shit like anybody blinded by anger,
    and on the other side you have medias who, when they don't get direct orders from the government, look for the stance that will please the Elysée the best.
    In the end, there's little fake news, there's just a lot of exaggeration or minimization depending on who you're litening to :
    Desperate angry people, or quisling medias.
    I hear so much about France online it is hard to know what to believe. Are people actually taking back their power there or is it just a giant mess? I have seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower that had to have a security wall put around it just to keep people from vandalizing it. It is hard to know what the truth is over there without being there which is kind of on topic with the issue here lol

  4. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    16th November 2019 08:42 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    297
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,506
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I hear so much about France online it is hard to know what to believe. Are people actually taking back their power there or is it just a giant mess? I have seen pictures of the Eiffel Tower that had to have a security wall put around it just to keep people from vandalizing it. It is hard to know what the truth is over there without being there which is kind of on topic with the issue here lol
    Yeah, even here it can be hard to know.
    I don't know for the Eiffel tower, but those government pussies would be dumb enough to do it.
    Even when the Triumphal Arc was "vandalized", it was just two grafitis and one fake (an empty copy) statue beheaded.
    Also the Unknow Soldier's tomb was not violated, people regrouped around to comemorate.
    And that's an important symbol : we spit on autocratic/authoritarist symbol and honnor the Citizen who died for the country. So the Eiffel tower is out of subject.
    It's not a big mess, it's just some of our biggest illegal (and that's the hole point) demonstrations.
    It becomes a mess when the police shoot in the crowd with "sublethal" weapons like flashball or tear gas.
    Flashball almost always injure prople (broken bones, lost eyes etc...) and too much tear gas induces lung injuries, and they use a lot.
    As always, as soon as there are représentatives (including Yellow Jacket ones), there's a betrayal of the people's speech.
    Also, even if it started with the gas tax, this movement is now is the critallization of all the hatred and demands (towards the power) the people kept for decades.
    So yeah, to go back on topic, every info you get is biased, news medias collaborate, and the Yellow Jacket representatives (just like the deputies they fight against) only represent and speak for themselves. In the end, better take info from both and try to find a middle ground.

    Of course it's my view, but you get the idea.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  5. Informative KorinKitty thinks that this is informative
  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    24th March 2019 10:50 AM
    Posts
    41
    Personality
    melfina
    Wong
    651
    The Kavanaugh hearings should let you know how much down the drain the media has gone.
    it's only going to keep getting worse and I believe even when he is out of office they won't stop attacking him.
    I'm not sure if you know about the Jesse Ventura incident; but I believe that is what started this mess.

  7. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:59 AM
    Posts
    1,540
    Wong
    35,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Kakyo View Post
    The Kavanaugh hearings should let you know how much down the drain the media has gone.
    it's only going to keep getting worse and I believe even when he is out of office they won't stop attacking him.
    I'm not sure if you know about the Jesse Ventura incident; but I believe that is what started this mess.
    I still can't believe that so many people were buying into that lie and all those other lies and no one wants to talk about it now. I think he was sewing her for it too.

    Also, Ventura looks like a homeless man now. The heck!? lol What did he do? I might not be aware of it.

  8. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    24th March 2019 10:50 AM
    Posts
    41
    Personality
    melfina
    Wong
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I still can't believe that so many people were buying into that lie and all those other lies and no one wants to talk about it now. I think he was sewing her for it too.

    Also, Ventura looks like a homeless man now. The heck!? lol What did he do? I might not be aware of it.
    TL: DR

    Jesse Ventura Tried to clear his name and everyone did the exact opposite and Character Assassinated him and did the same to Kavanaugh cause they got away with it and will continue to do so because Idiocracy happened in 1964 and liberals control the media except for FOX

    Wait doesn't Dysney own FOX now?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I would be charging her at the full extent of the law:
    For damaging my reputation as well as falsifying sexual misconduct which has always been one sided even to this day although few are starting to get overturn but the damage to the accused is still there to haunt them.
    As well as to confiscate all that go fund me money she received. She needs to be made an example of so people think twice the next time they try to character assassinate someone.


    This is all to the best of my knowledge and memory

    This basically happened to The Body; except it wasn't a sexual misconduct case. I actually wasn't aware of the seriousness of it until I saw the similarities with Kavanaugh.
    It also happened a lot more in the past than I had thought since he didn't come out about it until basically three years after the case was happening.

    It started back in 2011 although I didn't hear about him going public with until 2014/15:
    Apparently he had a fallout with the dudes from the Oppie and Anthony Show back around 2010 so they basically set up the hit on him.
    Jesse has been vacationing down in Baja for up to six months every year almost immediately after leaving office so when the story brought out he wasn't even in the states to put up an op-ed in his defense and since he was MIA everyone jumped on the attack against him. It didn't help him either that the one person he sent to defend him was Alex Jones and AJ being AJ, no body was going to listen to him.

    As Chris Kyle was getting to release his book 'American Sniper' the first show he did to promote the his novel, and probably the only one at the time on my opinion, was the Oppie and Anthony show. Like I said before, Oppie had beef with Jesse after their final show together. Somewhere along the show, the chapter was brought up about how Kyle punched a man in a bar for bad mouthing the SEALS. In the original draft, and possibly in the first print since I refused to buy the thing, which I'm pretty sure was just the draft of the book since it wasn't even on shelves yet at the time, he never mentions whom he punched; he just wrote that he punched a man at a bar.

    Oppie and Anthony make the joke that it was Jesse Ventura; it was just a joke. Because of the history of the Oppie and Anythony show, Anthony was in my own defence, just trolling Kyle with the joke while Oppie, Whom hates Jesse, was having it fly over his head and basically turned the joke into a serious thing and not a joke. After this show is when on the next show and the following shows after this, every interview Kyle had, he mentioned that the man he punched was Jesse Ventura. I'm not entirely sure how long this went on for until Jesse's son caught word of it and contacted Jesse over what was happening on his vacation; my guess is that he had just left and being off the grid in Baja it took him awhile to finally get his son's message and having just left didn't want to return back to the states just to defend himself over this; he doesn't want to deal with Oppie. He decided to contact Alex Jones to try and put an end to this; this didn't go very well.

    After the case was initially settled on a few years later is when I was aware of this and this is the point where I started to hearing about it as well; it was kept quiet or just was not paying attention. Jesse won the case, and then Kyle Dies. This is when the case went public to my knowledge and the media starts to state that Jesse is attacking the widow and somehow the case gets reopened again; this time with the media getting involved on it somehow; I honestly have no idea how this even was possible to happen since the case was thrown out the window and the judge favored Jesse for the lack of evidence.

    This is where it hit me when the Kanvaugh incident happened: They were both being attacked even with the lack an no proof of evidence with Jesse's incident happening back in 2003/4/5 which is when this took place.
    Jesse also was not renewed for his ConPericy Thoery show for its' forth season which would have taken place filming in 2011; season three also had a very long post production after being complected 2009/10.

    From hear on out, Jesse has talked about how this was a test run to character assassinate him and set the precedent to what we are seeing now. You could probably find him talking about this with Alex Jones if you can Stomach to listen to AJ and able to find the video on Youtube; they were pretty close friends during the production of his show and AJ had him on to discus the incident after Kyle died. His case was only against the publisher book. The publisher took over the case and Chris Kyle was not losing any money to begin with; the publisher was the one making the payments. The media said Jesse was suing Kyle and after his death, Kyle's wife.

    The part where Jesse messed up was asking for everyone to retract their stories about the bar fight as he won the case. This was when the media started to get heavily involved and put the hit on him.

    Jesse went against the MSM machine and no one helped him except guy everyone calls crazy and doesn't listen to.


    ```````````````````````````````````````

    Say this in Homer Simpson's voice
    [SPIOLER]ALEX JONES WAS RIGHT![/SPIOLER]

  9. Informative KorinKitty thinks that this is informative
  10. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:59 AM
    Posts
    1,540
    Wong
    35,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Emo_Kakyo View Post
    TL: DR

    Jesse Ventura Tried to clear his name and everyone did the exact opposite and Character Assassinated him and did the same to Kavanaugh cause they got away with it and will continue to do so because Idiocracy happened in 1964 and liberals control the media except for FOX

    Wait doesn't Dysney own FOX now?

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I would be charging her at the full extent of the law:
    For damaging my reputation as well as falsifying sexual misconduct which has always been one sided even to this day although few are starting to get overturn but the damage to the accused is still there to haunt them.
    As well as to confiscate all that go fund me money she received. She needs to be made an example of so people think twice the next time they try to character assassinate someone.


    This is all to the best of my knowledge and memory

    This basically happened to The Body; except it wasn't a sexual misconduct case. I actually wasn't aware of the seriousness of it until I saw the similarities with Kavanaugh.
    It also happened a lot more in the past than I had thought since he didn't come out about it until basically three years after the case was happening.

    It started back in 2011 although I didn't hear about him going public with until 2014/15:
    Apparently he had a fallout with the dudes from the Oppie and Anthony Show back around 2010 so they basically set up the hit on him.
    Jesse has been vacationing down in Baja for up to six months every year almost immediately after leaving office so when the story brought out he wasn't even in the states to put up an op-ed in his defense and since he was MIA everyone jumped on the attack against him. It didn't help him either that the one person he sent to defend him was Alex Jones and AJ being AJ, no body was going to listen to him.

    As Chris Kyle was getting to release his book 'American Sniper' the first show he did to promote the his novel, and probably the only one at the time on my opinion, was the Oppie and Anthony show. Like I said before, Oppie had beef with Jesse after their final show together. Somewhere along the show, the chapter was brought up about how Kyle punched a man in a bar for bad mouthing the SEALS. In the original draft, and possibly in the first print since I refused to buy the thing, which I'm pretty sure was just the draft of the book since it wasn't even on shelves yet at the time, he never mentions whom he punched; he just wrote that he punched a man at a bar.

    Oppie and Anthony make the joke that it was Jesse Ventura; it was just a joke. Because of the history of the Oppie and Anythony show, Anthony was in my own defence, just trolling Kyle with the joke while Oppie, Whom hates Jesse, was having it fly over his head and basically turned the joke into a serious thing and not a joke. After this show is when on the next show and the following shows after this, every interview Kyle had, he mentioned that the man he punched was Jesse Ventura. I'm not entirely sure how long this went on for until Jesse's son caught word of it and contacted Jesse over what was happening on his vacation; my guess is that he had just left and being off the grid in Baja it took him awhile to finally get his son's message and having just left didn't want to return back to the states just to defend himself over this; he doesn't want to deal with Oppie. He decided to contact Alex Jones to try and put an end to this; this didn't go very well.

    After the case was initially settled on a few years later is when I was aware of this and this is the point where I started to hearing about it as well; it was kept quiet or just was not paying attention. Jesse won the case, and then Kyle Dies. This is when the case went public to my knowledge and the media starts to state that Jesse is attacking the widow and somehow the case gets reopened again; this time with the media getting involved on it somehow; I honestly have no idea how this even was possible to happen since the case was thrown out the window and the judge favored Jesse for the lack of evidence.

    This is where it hit me when the Kanvaugh incident happened: They were both being attacked even with the lack an no proof of evidence with Jesse's incident happening back in 2003/4/5 which is when this took place.
    Jesse also was not renewed for his ConPericy Thoery show for its' forth season which would have taken place filming in 2011; season three also had a very long post production after being complected 2009/10.

    From hear on out, Jesse has talked about how this was a test run to character assassinate him and set the precedent to what we are seeing now. You could probably find him talking about this with Alex Jones if you can Stomach to listen to AJ and able to find the video on Youtube; they were pretty close friends during the production of his show and AJ had him on to discus the incident after Kyle died. His case was only against the publisher book. The publisher took over the case and Chris Kyle was not losing any money to begin with; the publisher was the one making the payments. The media said Jesse was suing Kyle and after his death, Kyle's wife.

    The part where Jesse messed up was asking for everyone to retract their stories about the bar fight as he won the case. This was when the media started to get heavily involved and put the hit on him.

    Jesse went against the MSM machine and no one helped him except guy everyone calls crazy and doesn't listen to.


    ```````````````````````````````````````

    Say this in Homer Simpson's voice
    [SPIOLER]ALEX JONES WAS RIGHT![/SPIOLER]
    I watched Alex Jones back in like 2010/2011. I took the guy seriously for maybe 2 months. Then I realized what he was doing (fear mongering to get viewership and money) and he basically became a meme to me. I can't help but laugh at the dude and people who are so aggressively trying to silence him are only making him look correct on many issues he has addressed (even if he is wrong). Not sure I will be able to find the video of him and Jesse talking but I will try. I am actually really curious about this now.

    Also on topic, the news is lying about the Native American being harassed by "Trump supporters". I saw the legit video. How people can believe this stuff is beyond me. Just do some research. The truth always comes out.

  11. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Last Seen
    24th March 2019 10:50 AM
    Posts
    41
    Personality
    melfina
    Wong
    651
    Yeah I remember Jesse always calling in on his show during that time and not once did he ever mention that he was fighting in court.
    At the end of the day, he is a reporter; and he does like to sensationalize his reports. He did always say to look up the stories yourself; the problem being most people don't do it and take his work as facts.
    I was actually late to the whole him being banned off of everything and couldn't believe it had happened; I didn't know ether I should laugh or be scared that to hear about him being found dead in a week with two bullets to the back of his head and be told that he took his own life.
    My favorite episodes to Jesse's show are the ones where AJ made guest appearances on; They always made him look like he was excepting someone to turn show him up and throw him in a black van and take him to GitMo.
    I'm sad he stopped selling Rebound. it's so difficult to find now and that was something he was selling that he didn't make that I liked.
    Since his channels got delisted it'll probably take awhile but I'm pretty sure someone re uploaded it somewhere.
    The last book he release was back in 2016 and since then I haven't heard of him doing anything; I haven't even seen him do an episode of his Off The Grid show and that was supposed to be owned by RT.

    And it's only January.
    I've been trolling my friends that posted it originally on Facebook when the story broke. I already knew it was BS when everyone started to post about it. Now I'm just posting the sources every time someone decides to post it again.
    This year is gonna be the year of the meme and Chinese New Year is just around the corner

  12. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  13. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    16th November 2019 08:42 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    297
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,506
    Alex Jones is the best example of those people who make me Wonder :
    How can any educated person take that kind of guy seriously for just one hour ?
    Yeah, i still try to believe in humanity sometimes, and then those cases come around.
    Never overestimate mankind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •