• Do you have any productive hobbies?
  • Do you have any productive hobbies?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:30 AM
    Posts
    2,037
    Wong
    48,359

    Do you have any productive hobbies?

    By productive, I mean they are achieving something in life for you. So not something like playing board games or video games but hobbies that have a real-world result or end goal that favors your life in some way be it physically, mentally, or financially.

    I was thinking about it and as of this year, I haven't had anything going on that really would be considered productive. I enjoy art and drawing but I don't do it often even though it does help me mentally to reduce stress. I would like to take up a hobby that offers physical activity because I am more sedentary than ever before since the COVID restrictions started.

    Do you have any productive hobbies?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:20 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,679
    I love to go walking with my headphones on, often with a podcast/audiobook or just music while I think. It's the heaviest exercise I enjoy lol.
    I'm big into stocks/bitcoin/gold, I don't know if that's a hobby though?
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:49 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,976
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,030,654
    I guess learning art might eventually fit the description in the OP.

    Aside from that I cannot honestly say that my hobbies are especially productive or beneficial.

  5. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:30 AM
    Posts
    2,037
    Wong
    48,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    I love to go walking with my headphones on, often with a podcast/audiobook or just music while I think. It's the heaviest exercise I enjoy lol.
    I'm big into stocks/bitcoin/gold, I don't know if that's a hobby though?
    Stocks, bitcoin, and gold can result in profit so I would say it counts as productive. I mean any kind of investment is. It just depends on how much profit you make I suppose.

  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:49 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,976
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,030,654
    In a manner of speaking I'll be investing this November and I'm pretty sure it will result in profit. Would that make gambling a productive hobby?

  7. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
  8. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:49 PM
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    393
    Wong
    5,037
    Productive hobbies:

    - Learning about computers and doing home computer maintenance

    - photo / video editing and film making. I am taking alot of the videos recorded and putting them together.

    This requires researching freeware editing software that is easy to use and has multi-use functionality
    And
    Audio that can be used (torrent)
    And
    Video resolution editing software (I got videos that were shot in 480p and I got other videos that were shot in 4k and the difference is disgustingly obvious)

    - vehicle maintenance... kinda the normal for me since I change my own motor vehicle oil

    - I hate cleaning, but I clean around the house

    - I listen to podcast and audiobooks, I view that as self investment. This usually occurs on my commute to/from work
    "The mighty oak tree was once a tiny nut that stood its ground" -

  9. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  10. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:30 AM
    Posts
    2,037
    Wong
    48,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In a manner of speaking I'll be investing this November and I'm pretty sure it will result in profit. Would that make gambling a productive hobby?
    I actually watch a group of Swedish guys on Twitch who gamble as a living but it started as a hobby. Also, my cousin plays in US poker tournaments. He was able to win enough to not only pay off his college debt but have nice savings and owns a house down in Florida. So yeah, gambling in a sense can be a productive hobby lol

    Though gambling is a risk and in most cases results in a loss so it ends up being counterproductive.

  11. Like Mantis liked this post
  12. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:20 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,679
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I actually watch a group of Swedish guys on Twitch who gamble as a living but it started as a hobby. Also, my cousin plays in US poker tournaments. He was able to win enough to not only pay off his college debt but have nice savings and owns a house down in Florida. So yeah, gambling in a sense can be a productive hobby lol

    Though gambling is a risk and in most cases results in a loss so it ends up being counterproductive.
    I love pachinko. I used to sit around this Evangelion machine quite often in Tokyo & Osaka while my friends and I chainsmoked. I don't give a shit if I win or lose, there's something super cathartic about pachinko to me.

    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  13. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  14. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:49 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,976
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,030,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    I used to sit around this Evangelion machine quite often in Tokyo & Osaka while my friends and I chainsmoked.
    Whoooaaa, buddy! You used to smoke the ol' tobacky?!



    I did not expect that dangerous behaviour from you of all people!

  15. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
  16. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:20 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Whoooaaa, buddy! You used to smoke the ol' tobacky?!

    I did not expect that dangerous behaviour from you of all people!
    Nah, I had a vape with me though.

    It's not gay I swear


    I didn't use it much though. Those Sonic Sez segments taught me well! I've actually never "smoked" in my life and I never will.
    The guys I was with would go through well over a pack each in one sitting, however.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  17. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Do you have any productive hobbies? Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! The Syndicate Lounge