• Do you believe in luck?
  • Do you believe in luck?

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:36 PM
    Posts
    2,081
    Wong
    49,546

    Do you believe in luck?

    I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in the debates section but I figured this isn't really a heated topic, even if some people do believe in it and others don't.

    I grew up with family members who all believed in it but I never really did. I believed in chance and blessings, not luck. A chance of something happening is purely mathematical. A blessing, to me, is something good happening when you least expect it or in the events of needing something and it is given to you. It isn't as black and white as gambling and winning a bunch of money, that is all down to chance still. Either way, I never really believed in luck. I do believe in the concept of someone believing something is lucky and seeing results from it. That is the whole mind over matter thing. Like someone can believe something to be lucky for them so much so that it brings them "luck" but that really just comes down to their positive mindset.

    Do you believe luck is a real thing?

  2. Like Mantis liked this post
  3. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:29 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    7,021
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,031,442
    You chose the right section for this!

    I do use the word "lucky" from time to time but I don't think of most things to be absolutely a case of luck. For instance, somebody born with various health issues may be considered unlucky but it's usually a matter of genetics. Same with people born healthy. There wasn't some divine intervention that made it that way. Those born into a wealthy family do enjoy a level of privilege but it's not like these people were winners of some holy sperm lottery sent to the ballsacks of rich men. I guess the right word in most cases would be "fortunate". But then again, fortune is luck, right? Blegh.

    There is only one true form of luck I believe in... RNG: the bane of my gaming life throughout the years.

  4. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  5. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    Today 06:56 PM
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Age
    30
    Posts
    439
    Wong
    5,587
    I believe in blessings versus luck.

    I know I am blessed for where I am today.

    I dont smoke, drink, gamble, where myself out, or have involvement with things illegal or immoral.
    "The mighty oak tree was once a tiny nut that stood its ground" -

  6. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  7. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:36 PM
    Posts
    2,081
    Wong
    49,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    You chose the right section for this!

    I do use the word "lucky" from time to time but I don't think of most things to be absolutely a case of luck. For instance, somebody born with various health issues may be considered unlucky but it's usually a matter of genetics. Same with people born healthy. There wasn't some divine intervention that made it that way. Those born into a wealthy family do enjoy a level of privilege but it's not like these people were winners of some holy sperm lottery sent to the ballsacks of rich men. I guess the right word in most cases would be "fortunate". But then again, fortune is luck, right? Blegh.

    There is only one true form of luck I believe in... RNG: the bane of my gaming life throughout the years.
    Yeah I can see your points. It is easy to just say "wow you are lucky" vs "you are very fortunate" or "you are blessed". I guess it has become the norm to use the term when our minds can see the data on paper.

  8. Like Mantis liked this post
  9. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Seen
    27th October 2020 03:44 PM
    Posts
    15
    Wong
    44
    I really love it when gene says gambling is one of his specialties. In my mind that means you can read patterns in chaos to maximize you get the chance you want, but also are comfortable accepting the consequences if it doesn't work out. The zen of accepting consequence allows you to pull more into the result you want.
    Get Coupon Codes - Coupons4.me

  10. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 04:36 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,958
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    21,348
    No luck. It's all effort = outcome. That being said, I can be somewhat superstitious, I get it from my Dad. Despite being a Dr. (not a medical Dr.) he still won't walk under ladders, avoids black cats and throws salt over his shoulder. I'm more skittish about bad luck than I am a believer in the entire luck spectrum.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  11. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  12. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:36 PM
    Posts
    2,081
    Wong
    49,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    No luck. It's all effort = outcome. That being said, I can be somewhat superstitious, I get it from my Dad. Despite being a Dr. (not a medical Dr.) he still won't walk under ladders, avoids black cats and throws salt over his shoulder. I'm more skittish about bad luck than I am a believer in the entire luck spectrum.
    I know people like this in my family. They don't outwardly believe in luck but they believe in bad luck. My mother is like this with umbrellas. I opened one in her house last year when I was going outside, it was pouring, and she lost her marbles over it. lol

  13. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 04:36 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,958
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    21,348
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I know people like this in my family. They don't outwardly believe in luck but they believe in bad luck. My mother is like this with umbrellas. I opened one in her house last year when I was going outside, it was pouring, and she lost her marbles over it. lol
    I'd lose my marbles too if you doomed my entire family to a 1000-year curse. Why would you do that to them? You did this last year, right? We have you to thank for the Coronavirus.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  14. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Last Seen
    28th October 2020 06:11 AM
    Posts
    23
    Wong
    409
    To an extent. I used to be really superstitious in order to help my favourite football team win, but I realised that they are always inconsistent or crap anyway that it doesn't matter what I do.
    Owner of MatureManga.net

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Do you believe in luck? Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! The Syndicate Lounge