• How often do you shower?
  • How often do you shower?

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    11th December 2019 08:49 PM
    Posts
    1,548
    Wong
    35,612

    How often do you shower?

    I watched a video the other day on YouTube, one of those random recommendations and it was on how long you could go without showering. Apparently, a lot of experts say two times a week is enough but going more than a month is bad for your health. There is a movement for people who don't wash their hair and now for those who don't shower. Daily showering is said to be bad as well as it weakens the immune system but killing beneficial bacteria too often that live on our skin.

    How often do you shower? Wash your hair? Take a bath?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    16th November 2019 08:42 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    297
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,506
    Shower every morning, shampoo every three days.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 06:53 AM
    Posts
    904
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    18,797
    I shower and shampoo every morning. Sometimes twice if I get back home from exercising.

  4. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 04:48 AM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,361
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,021,035
    Well, since you asked (if this turns out to be TMI, the thread kind of is anyway) I used to shower every day when I was a student. Admittedly, I guess the shower itself really factored in. I got a pretty good dorm at university and it had a wet room. The shower also had proper pressure and temperature controls.

    Ever since I moved into my current apartment, showering has comparatively been a little frustrating. Even for people of an ideal weight, the bathtub is very cramped for somebody over six feet. It's one of those electric showers you need to stand in the bathtub to use. I miss the days of actually enjoying and looking forward to showering.

    So, nowadays I shower on average twice a week, including the hair wash. Not great but could be worse I guess. I don't have enough hair for regular hair washing to matter much. Since my surgery I've kept my hair to a size two and habitually always wear a beanie hat.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  5. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    11th December 2019 08:49 PM
    Posts
    1,548
    Wong
    35,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Well, since you asked (if this turns out to be TMI, the thread kind of is anyway) I used to shower every day when I was a student. Admittedly, I guess the shower itself really factored in. I got a pretty good dorm at university and it had a wet room. The shower also had proper pressure and temperature controls.

    Ever since I moved into my current apartment, showering has comparatively been a little frustrating. Even for people of an ideal weight, the bathtub is very cramped for somebody over six feet. It's one of those electric showers you need to stand in the bathtub to use. I miss the days of actually enjoying and looking forward to showering.

    So, nowadays I shower on average twice a week, including the hair wash. Not great but could be worse I guess. I don't have enough hair for regular hair washing to matter much. Since my surgery I've kept my hair to a size two and habitually always wear a beanie hat.
    I actually read statics awhile back and most people shower 3 times a week on average. I do twice a week myself too, at least in the winter. My skin is prone to drying out and even with a water softener head in my shower, it still doesn't help. My skin used to break out bad and dry up when I would shower every day. Given that I seldom do anything that makes me sweat in the winter, I think this is enough for me. I do take other measures to stay clean like using baby wipes after going to the bathroom, I know that is a bit weird to people but we don't have those fancy cleaning toilets in America like they do in Japan! I am actually jealous. lol

  7. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:48 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,233
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    12,992
    I get hella dried out, even in the humid Summers here, but probably every other day in the Winter and I do my absolute best to shower everyday in the Summer because unlike Mantis' smooth, lithe body I look like the freakin' Beast from Beauty and the Beast so I turn into a sweaty shag carpet if I don't stay on top of things.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  8. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
  9. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    11th December 2019 08:49 PM
    Posts
    1,548
    Wong
    35,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    I get hella dried out, even in the humid Summers here, but probably every other day in the Winter and I do my absolute best to shower everyday in the Summer because unlike Mantis' smooth, lithe body I look like the freakin' Beast from Beauty and the Beast so I turn into a sweaty shag carpet if I don't stay on top of things.
    I always thought this was down to hard water for my skin considering when I get wet in the rain, my skin actually feels softer. Maybe my showerhead isn't softening the water good enough or anymore. I would love to just invest in a whole-home filtration system but that isn't an option until my husband and I buy a home. Renting sucks lol

  10. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:48 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,233
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    12,992
    We had a water softener in my house that ALL the water passed through, it made a world of difference. We used to get scale on our dishes and your hair would have this...dried out, stuck-together feeling if you washed your hair with it more than say, twice per week? It was some very aggressive water. After we installed the water softener it became a non-issue until we moved out. I highly recommend that you get one installed when you move into a house that you own.

    We put ours in ourselves, but that required several nights of sawing pipes and soldering new pipes on in a configuration that the softener would accept. Be ready for a lot of hard work and research if you choose to install it yourself.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  11. Like KorinKitty liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •