• Anyone ever travel by ship?
  • Anyone ever travel by ship?

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:33 AM
    Posts
    1,622
    Wong
    37,560

    Anyone ever travel by ship?

    I think I have mentioned that my husband is from the UK on here a few times. I would love to go visit there with him in the future but I can't do planes. They completely terrify me. I struggle with cars as it is. I was considering doing one of those cruises to go there and back. I know they aren't cheap but I don't know how I would do on a chip for that long of a distance. I have been on smaller boats several times. I don't have issues with motion sickness, not afraid of sharks or anything like that. I just thought this is likely my best option of ever going there.

    I have never been on a cruise though. Anyone here been on one where you are on it overnight or for several days?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:08 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,331
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    14,282
    Yep. Been on 6-ish cruises, one of which was just over 2 weeks. Unless there is a heavy storm you'll forget you're even on the ocean. The motion is unbelivably minor. I was 2 years old the first time i flew from coast to coast (USA) so i can't really empathize regarding the fear of flying. I have reverence for it and I say a prayer each time during takeoff, but i don't dread it like i do the dentist.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:33 AM
    Posts
    1,622
    Wong
    37,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Yep. Been on 6-ish cruises, one of which was just over 2 weeks. Unless there is a heavy storm you'll forget you're even on the ocean. The motion is unbelivably minor. I was 2 years old the first time i flew from coast to coast (USA) so i can't really empathize regarding the fear of flying. I have reverence for it and I say a prayer each time during takeoff, but i don't dread it like i do the dentist.
    I think from what I read, a ship from Jersey to the UK would take 7 days there. I know they are pretty big so I can understand forgetting about being on the ocean in that sense too. I have only ever been on small boats. The largest had a small kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom area.

  5. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:08 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,331
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    14,282
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I think from what I read, a ship from Jersey to the UK would take 7 days there. I know they are pretty big so I can understand forgetting about being on the ocean in that sense too. I have only ever been on small boats. The largest had a small kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom area.
    Depends where its going and how fast it's going. The only objective knowledge I have of trans-Atlantic cruises is with the Disney cruise line. They station ships all over the place, and every year or two years they rotate so people who cruise in the same part of the world can try a new ship. It also keeps the crew from going crazy. They sell tickets for the trans-Atlantic journey, but that's only once every two years and I only know about when they swap their Caribbean & Mediterranean ships. That's a two-week trip. NJ <---> England is a lot shorter, distance-wise so I could believe 7 days for sure.

    I think the problem might be finding a return voyage, since the trans-Atlantic cruises are usually for ship rotation, but I'm sure some cruise lines exist where that's all they do. I've never looked into it because all my cruises have ended in the same port where they began.

    Have you ever tried going on a plane? The really big ones that you would use to fly across the Atlantic feel a lot less scary to be on than little puddle-jumpers. You can't feel the movement as much as you might be thinking. If it's a heights thing, then I can't say anything to help you
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  6. Informative KorinKitty thinks that this is informative
  7. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 12:33 AM
    Posts
    1,622
    Wong
    37,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Depends where its going and how fast it's going. The only objective knowledge I have of trans-Atlantic cruises is with the Disney cruise line. They station ships all over the place, and every year or two years they rotate so people who cruise in the same part of the world can try a new ship. It also keeps the crew from going crazy. They sell tickets for the trans-Atlantic journey, but that's only once every two years and I only know about when they swap their Caribbean & Mediterranean ships. That's a two-week trip. NJ <---> England is a lot shorter, distance-wise so I could believe 7 days for sure.

    I think the problem might be finding a return voyage, since the trans-Atlantic cruises are usually for ship rotation, but I'm sure some cruise lines exist where that's all they do. I've never looked into it because all my cruises have ended in the same port where they began.

    Have you ever tried going on a plane? The really big ones that you would use to fly across the Atlantic feel a lot less scary to be on than little puddle-jumpers. You can't feel the movement as much as you might be thinking. If it's a heights thing, then I can't say anything to help you
    I was on a plane once as a kid, I nearly crapped myself. I don't like feeling closed in and I don't like heights. I get dizzy just being 15 feet up from something and looking down. Don't get me wrong, depth scares me too and the ocean is DEEP but I can handle that more than height.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Anyone ever travel by ship? Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment!