• Any trick to continue working after you're fed up as hell ?
  • Any trick to continue working after you're fed up as hell ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:40 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    294
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,469

    Any trick to continue working after you're fed up as hell ?

    Because i happen to get fed up during my research and can't continue further.
    I have one oral and one written exams at the end of the month and need to focus more than that.
    Any idea, people ?
    Never overestimate mankind.

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 12:04 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,238
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,019,325
    It's been over six years since I was a student (god damn I feel old), but I know where you're coming from. How are you currently scheduling your school life? Maybe organise things into a table. Also, if you're procrastinating a lot, try the magic work circle. At first it seems counter-productive, but procrastination can be a big problem for some people and it really helped me out.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:40 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    294
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,469
    Thanks for the idea.
    Maybe i will try it. It's not really that i'm procrastinating, it's just that i have trouble working more than 4 hours per free day.
    And also i do it all in a row so yeah, maybe quick break are key.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  4. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:51 AM
    Posts
    1,460
    Wong
    33,330
    I guess one way of looking at it is that this "hell" is only temporary. Keep one eye on the future and one eye on the present and push through. It sucks when you are stuck between a rock and a hard place but you either push that rock out the way and move or just give up.

  5. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:40 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    294
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,469
    Thanks for the idea.
    I'm not that optimistic but i'll try.
    Never overestimate mankind.

  6. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:51 AM
    Posts
    1,460
    Wong
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post
    Thanks for the idea.
    I'm not that optimistic but i'll try.
    I'm not much for one myself but with time, you can at least fool yourself into becoming one. I find that speaking the truth even before it is the truth, eventually makes it the truth... Does that make sense? I probably sound like a nut case. haha Basically you want to think and speak like you have what you don't, as if you already do.

  7. Agree Kieranlewix agreed with this post
  8. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    19th May 2019 01:02 PM
    Posts
    151
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I'm not much for one myself but with time, you can at least fool yourself into becoming one. I find that speaking the truth even before it is the truth, eventually makes it the truth... Does that make sense? I probably sound like a nut case. haha Basically you want to think and speak like you have what you don't, as if you already do.
    That is actually some solid advice korinkitty. It is said that you are what your mouth confesses. Optimism is not believing in unseen things. Some people are lucky to believe in things and people even when they have no reason to and that is how optimism graduates to faith. Optimism on its own is a trick. As you have said,it is simply fooling yourself and others, and in doing so, you project that you have something when you don't. It is seeming to have faith when you actually don't. I hope that also makes sense.

  9. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  10. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:40 AM
    Location
    France
    Age
    21
    Posts
    294
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    1,469
    Sure, self persuasion makes sense .
    Never overestimate mankind.

  11. Agree KorinKitty agreed with this post
  12. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:51 AM
    Posts
    1,460
    Wong
    33,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieranlewix View Post
    That is actually some solid advice korinkitty. It is said that you are what your mouth confesses. Optimism is not believing in unseen things. Some people are lucky to believe in things and people even when they have no reason to and that is how optimism graduates to faith. Optimism on its own is a trick. As you have said,it is simply fooling yourself and others, and in doing so, you project that you have something when you don't. It is seeming to have faith when you actually don't. I hope that also makes sense.
    I understood what you mean. I actually read something before about income and wealth. Successful business men and women say you have to believe you are successful already and live like you are wealthy. Not to say you spend your money on everything luxury and designer but that you spend it wisely. Either way, glad I made enough sense to get what I was trying to say across. I tend to lose the plot halfway through saying something haha

  13. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    19th May 2019 01:02 PM
    Posts
    151
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    1,257
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I understood what you mean. I actually read something before about income and wealth. Successful business men and women say you have to believe you are successful already and live like you are wealthy. Not to say you spend your money on everything luxury and designer but that you spend it wisely. Either way, glad I made enough sense to get what I was trying to say across. I tend to lose the plot halfway through saying something haha
    I am a rambler too. I tend to go on and on about something till the moment I realize that I have forgotten the point I was trying to put across. There is power in having both faith and optimism in business. Hoping for the best and expecting the worst is a common phrase that makes people quit on their dreams. I think it is safe to hope for the best and expect the worst, but also put in the hours. Rather, aim for the moon and land on the sun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •