• Common Slang in Your Area
  • Common Slang in Your Area

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    12th July 2020 09:22 PM
    Posts
    1,899
    Wong
    44,683

    Common Slang in Your Area

    Thanks to YouTube and general TV series that are from different places, we are able to get a taste of local slang from around the world. Some of the funniest slang I have heard is in the UK. The words are just silly to me. Some of them are just shortening the word or changing the first like instead of saying "think" some people say "fink" lol

    Anyways a local slang to my area and maybe state is calling soda "pop". Not many places do this apparently but I have always known it as pop. Anytime I say pop on a forum most of the people don't know what I am talking about it seems. lol

    What are some slang words or terms in your area?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 04:05 AM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,769
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    18,995
    These should answer your question:



    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  3. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    12th July 2020 09:22 PM
    Posts
    1,899
    Wong
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    These should answer your question:



    I am in the same country and I would be lost in this place. LOL I never knew people spoke that differently there. I mean I am sure these guys are exaggerating it a lot but I didn't understand 70% of that haha

  5. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 04:05 AM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,769
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    18,995
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I am in the same country and I would be lost in this place. LOL I never knew people spoke that differently there. I mean I am sure these guys are exaggerating it a lot but I didn't understand 70% of that haha
    They are really exaggerating it in most cases, but people do exist who talk like that in very specific areas. It's moreso just so you can get a sampling of what a super condensed Pennsylvanian would sound like. Our state is huge and takes 5/6 hours to drive across so there are plenty of dialects within just this one state itself.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    12th July 2020 09:22 PM
    Posts
    1,899
    Wong
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    They are really exaggerating it in most cases, but people do exist who talk like that in very specific areas. It's moreso just so you can get a sampling of what a super condensed Pennsylvanian would sound like. Our state is huge and takes 5/6 hours to drive across so there are plenty of dialects within just this one state itself.
    It is funny because if you go south a few states, people talk completely different from this. Or even east or east. Think of the Boston accent and slurs/slang compared to New York.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Common Slang in Your Area Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! The Syndicate Lounge