• Dragon Ball Z Super
  • Dragon Ball Z Super

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    17th January 2021 07:41 PM
    Posts
    2,183
    Wong
    52,382

    Dragon Ball Z Super

    Has anyone started watching this anime series yet? I have been meaning to start it. I just have to find a place to watch the English dub versions. I was a HUGE DBZ fan growing up so seeing a new series has me excited. I didn't watch much of Dragon Ball, I am not sure why but after watching DBZ, I just couldn't get into it. I hope no one else made this thread... lol I didn't see it so thought I should.

    Anyways, here is the intro:


  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    29th July 2020 06:58 AM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    27
    Posts
    155
    Wong
    2,972
    I've been meaning to watch it for quite some time too, even though I only keep hearing how bad it is even when compared to GT.

  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    17th January 2021 07:41 PM
    Posts
    2,183
    Wong
    52,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    I've been meaning to watch it for quite some time too, even though I only keep hearing how bad it is even when compared to GT.
    Really!? I hope not. I heard otherwise from a few people. They said they are really enjoying it. I guess I will have to see for myself. Some people just can't get past the original series which was great. Heck, I have to re-watch some of the movies. I think I may have missed a few. I never thought they would do another series again but I think they did it more like the movies than the show.

  4. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Last Seen
    Today 07:35 PM
    Posts
    45
    Wong
    1,177
    Is anyone reading the ongoing manga? Personally, I've enjoyed the Moro arc. I think his character is really good and is something a little different.

    Toyotaro has definitely made some terrible writing decisions, with what Goku does in this month's chapter being case in point. I'm also getting more than a little fed up of most stuff just being some variation of fighting in a wasteland until Goku and co. somehow eventually win.

    I liked that the Moro arc was initially something very different and a breath of fresh air, but after the first two thirds, it fell back into the usual DB tropes.
    Owner of MatureManga.net

  5. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 07:01 AM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,028
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    22,263
    I watched up to the most current episode back in Summer 2018, so I have a lot of catching up to do! I liked what I saw, Dragonball is very cozy for me and although I drift in & out of keeping up with it, I'm always interested in more.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  7. Like TheRedComet, KorinKitty liked this post
  8. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Last Seen
    Today 07:35 PM
    Posts
    45
    Wong
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    I watched up to the most current episode back in Summer 2018, so I have a lot of catching up to do! I liked what I saw, Dragonball is very cozy for me and although I drift in & out of keeping up with it, I'm always interested in more.
    That's definitely how I feel about the franchise and I imagine it's the same with many fans.

    The further DB goes on, there are so many potential avenues to explore I wish the creative team now in place would make something more outside the box and out of the ordinary. The latest manga arc did threaten to be that, but not quite.
    Owner of MatureManga.net

  9. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    17th January 2021 07:41 PM
    Posts
    2,183
    Wong
    52,382
    I ended up watching all of Super and while I am not keeping up with the current story in the manga, I know the base of it and how it ended. I was pleasantly surprised to see (or rather hear of) a character return after many years. I am looking forward to it when they do the anime for it.

    As for Super, I enjoyed it. My favorite bit had to be the Future Trunks saga with Goku Black. I loved Zamasu. His character was well written and the story had some really powerful moments. I heard it was better in the manga though. The ToP was good and bad for different reasons. Over all I liked it but the bad parts were where things were either rushed too fast or slowed down too much.

  10. Like TheRedComet liked this post
  11. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Last Seen
    Today 07:35 PM
    Posts
    45
    Wong
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I ended up watching all of Super and while I am not keeping up with the current story in the manga, I know the base of it and how it ended. I was pleasantly surprised to see (or rather hear of) a character return after many years. I am looking forward to it when they do the anime for it.

    As for Super, I enjoyed it. My favorite bit had to be the Future Trunks saga with Goku Black. I loved Zamasu. His character was well written and the story had some really powerful moments. I heard it was better in the manga though. The ToP was good and bad for different reasons. Over all I liked it but the bad parts were where things were either rushed too fast or slowed down too much.
    The whole Goku Black and Zamasu arc was great up until the ending in my opinion which I feel they ballsed-up, but then again it was good for a change to have an arc where things didn't end perfectly for the characters.

    I agree with your thoughts on the ToP, it was a mixed bag because of all the characters involved and the restrictive nature of the setting.
    Owner of MatureManga.net

  12. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  13. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    17th January 2021 07:41 PM
    Posts
    2,183
    Wong
    52,382
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedComet View Post
    The whole Goku Black and Zamasu arc was great up until the ending in my opinion which I feel they ballsed-up, but then again it was good for a change to have an arc where things didn't end perfectly for the characters.

    I agree with your thoughts on the ToP, it was a mixed bag because of all the characters involved and the restrictive nature of the setting.
    I think the manga was a bit different from the anime in regards to how the battle with Black was. I know Goku used the Hakai against Zamasu in the manga. I did wonder why they didn't include that in the anime. I guess the manga tends to be more dark/brutal though considering mostly teens and adults read it vs the anime where a lot of kids watch it.

  14. Like TheRedComet liked this post
  15. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Last Seen
    Today 07:35 PM
    Posts
    45
    Wong
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I think the manga was a bit different from the anime in regards to how the battle with Black was. I know Goku used the Hakai against Zamasu in the manga. I did wonder why they didn't include that in the anime. I guess the manga tends to be more dark/brutal though considering mostly teens and adults read it vs the anime where a lot of kids watch it.
    I didn't know that, I only really paid attention to the manga after the anime came to its conclusion. This new arc that's just started looks pretty interesting considering it follows on from the last one.
    Owner of MatureManga.net

Similar Threads

  1. Developing Super Powers
    By Tyrell in forum Clyde's Bar
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29th June 2017, 04:11 AM
  2. Grave of the Dragon Archive Section
    By Mantis in forum Site Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th August 2016, 02:03 AM
  3. super robot anime
    By mpo48 in forum The Ctarl-Ctarl Empire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th May 2012, 10:51 PM
  4. Kid tries to go Super-Saiyan on camera
    By Mantis in forum The Ctarl-Ctarl Empire
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28th April 2012, 12:58 PM
  5. Could the world function if everyone had a super-power?
    By TheMachetejoe in forum Blue Heaven (Archive)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15th March 2012, 09:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Dragon Ball Z Super Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! The Syndicate Lounge