Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    23rd May 2019 05:50 AM
    Personality
    aishaclanclan
    Wong
    I don't know what Plex is, but I know Synchtube works. You just have to have a working video link

https://github.com/calzoneman/sync/w...-are-supported

Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:43 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Sounds like you've got that covered there, Mantis. Either of those programs should work out for all of us rather nicely. Personally, I'd rather have it occur on Friday nights as I sometimes go out on Saturdays and Sundays I can't stay up to late since I have work but I think we should discuss this further with the other members to get their input on how this should be tackled.

Last Seen
    1st October 2017 07:22 AM
    Wong
    I'd be all up for anything, really.
    Previously known as vegeta95748 ("Veggie")

4. Like Lightfreed liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 10:33 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    This sounds great! And im super happy to see Ghost Stories, Mantis. I love the English dub so much. It's just hysterical.
    "You prof man, what's heaps with the snaps in the craps?"
    "Cracker..."

As for days, I never have a set schedule, but I should be able to make a good amount of them, if they're some time on the weekend.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:33 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I can always add others at a moment's notice too. Friday works fine for me. Actually, I have an idea. Perhaps if somebody can't do Friday which Starwind55 prefers we could do two anime nights over the weekend to better accommodate more members which I'm okay with. Maybe Friday and Saturday or Sunday then? Be sure to post what's best for you, guys! We could also use the opportunity for a bit of gaming, but that's something to think about later.

Oh yeah, I thought about another thing too. Watching a series might not always be easy if somebody isn't able to attend one night. So in those events maybe we can watch anime films instead of series.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Yesterday 10:33 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I'm good most weekends either night, but Sunday would probably work a bit better.
    And if we/re talking anime movies, I'd like to suggest "GYO" AKA "Tokyo Fish Attack". It's one of the stupidest, funniest things I've seen in a long time. It's kind of like an anime version of the bad sci-fi channel shark movies.

8. Like Lightfreed liked this post
    Informative Mantis thinks that this is informative
    Last Seen
    14th April 2018 07:21 AM
    Wong
    Maybe we can have Friday and Sunday if it's allowed. Or just test it out just for one night. Since we've all watched the show, I don't think it matters if someone misses a night or two. Watching with video chat sounds good and having plex to allow us to tune in on different devices sounds cool too. I've never used plex myself but I've heard about it as a base for people's digital media centers. As for the forum, I like it. For me, if I join a chat late, it's hard to jump in the main conversation. But yeah. If you can figure in the time differences of the initial airing, let me know lol

Last Seen
    13th December 2019 10:57 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by LtSurge View Post
    I'll raise you another level. If somebody hosts the anime on a private/unlisted YouTube or GoogleDrive channel, we could all get together and watch episodes simultaneously with one of these synchronous streaming sites

https://synchtu.be/
    https://cytu.be/

You take a valid link, plug it into the playlist and the video will play for everyone logged into the room simultaneously. Kinda like the good old days of inviting your friends over to play video games/watch movies etc.

All we'd have to do is plan a certain day and time to do it to get as many people online as possible to watch, and make sure everyone's able to see the video (sometimes you need browser plugins to get videos working)
    Yeah that does sound better.

The issue though that I see with things like this all the time is a timezone problem. A lot of people plan these but then they have work or school, or both and on top of that, often live in different areas around the world. There is always someone who will miss out which is a bummer.

Last Seen
    14th April 2018 07:21 AM
    Wong
    Maybe the host can just choose whatever they wanna do; like if they prefer direct viewing or their 3rd party link. If some general weekly time slots could be made for hosting, then people could just tune in

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:33 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Friday and Sunday sounds best but we could use a poll to decide. Those I invite can use Plex whenever they like with PC, phone, games console, etc. I think if I hosted it I'd consider the time differences but host with GMT+1, since it's summer here and our clocks go forward/back. (Just compare the time zones using Google.) But yeah, like Lightfreed said anyone could just catch up outside of the anime night. In my opinion it should be late in the UK, but not too late. Maybe somewhere around 11PM-12AM? Wouldn't that average to around 5PM-6PM central US? The only problem is other European (and other continents) members here but I don't think we have many.

Looks like we should give this a shot tomorrow.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews