Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bootlegs

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    12th November 2019 08:41 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Whoa cool, I know you showed me this before but I didn't really give too much thought to it. VCD, huh...you know I love me some janky 80s/90s tech so this piques my interest.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    1st May 2019 04:40 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong

Bootlegs

Hey. I was chatting with Mantis a few days ago about OS merchandise and he mentioned that there are a number of bootleg merchandise out there.

At the same time we were chatting, I was bidding on what I think might be a bootleg. Check this out....

Bootlegs-img_5517-jpgBootlegs-img_5518-jpgBootlegs-img_5519-jpg

Iíve never seen this copy before. Have you?

What I find to be really funny is that the back of the box says 25 episodes. This made me think it was a toonami rip. I asked the seller to check the episodes and surprisingly all 26 were included. Pretty silly right?

He said this was the UK region 2 edition, but I think he might blowing smoke up my ass.

Let me know if you got any input to give.
    I should receive it in a week or two.

Last Seen
    31st July 2019 02:15 AM
    Wong
    Thatís gotta be bootleg.

Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by CardinalCrowbar View Post
    Thatís gotta be bootleg.
    Right? That mess up made me laugh so much. It will be a welcomed addition to the collection and a nice conversation piece.

Last Seen
    Today 08:00 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Actually, he wasn't trying to rip you off! That's the first Outlaw Star UK DVD release. If memory serves it was released in January 2011. There are lots of bootlegs but this isn't one of them. Regarding the incorrect episode number, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the company that packaged the set probably referred to the original episode guide. The episode "Demon of the Water Planet" wasn't initially broadcast and was instead included as an extra in Japan's first DVD release. You could say that Outlaw Star was at one time a 25-episode anime. A forgivable mistake I guess.

It's still an okay set. Average as far as official DVD sets go, but it looks decent enough.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the rideóyou're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

6. Like JustinYatesMusic liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Actually, he wasn't trying to rip you off! That's the first Outlaw Star UK DVD release. If memory serves it was released in January 2011. There are lots of bootlegs but this isn't one of them. Regarding the incorrect episode number, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the company that packaged the set probably referred to the original episode guide. The episode "Demon of the Water Planet" wasn't initially broadcast and was instead included as an extra in Japan's first DVD release. You could say that Outlaw Star was at one time a 25-episode anime. A forgivable mistake I guess.

It's still an okay set. Average as far as official DVD sets go, but it looks decent enough.
    MANTIS Dropping knowledge over here! This is great to know. An official UK find and not a bootleg! YAHOOOOO!

THIS is why we need that merch guide.

BTW, I didnít think he was ripping me off or anything, I was just thrown off by the 25 comment. He was also thrown off by it and started frantically checking the episodes. We laughed via email. 🤣

8. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 08:00 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I thought it would make sense to merge these two threads! Glad you reached a resolution there. It's always nice when sellers are good sports about these things!

Certainly, I think I'm going to work on a merch guide once I've completed my work on the second manga volume, between the time it takes for the rest of my team to prepare to start volume three. I think the merch guide will be a "lite" version at first, and I'll work on something more comprehensive at a later time.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the rideóyou're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

10. Like JustinYatesMusic liked this post