• Sonic Movie... YIKES!
  • Sonic Movie... YIKES!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36
  1. #11
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:30 AM
    Posts
    2,037
    Wong
    48,359
    I will say one thing... The movie may end up being awful but at least we have the memes to make up for it. I have seen some pretty funny ones out there lol

    I feel bad in a way for Jim... Like this is his first movie in awhile I think and he seems to be playing the part well in my opinion but the story itself... the way Sonic looks.... yikes!

    Also I didn't even consider the fan base on deviant art losing their minds if he took his shoes off in the movie... I hope to God they know to never show that.

  2. #12
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    8th June 2019 12:37 AM
    Location
    Arizonalandia
    Posts
    30
    Wong
    1,503
    I'm totally convinced they did this on purpose to drive up attention for sonic, and they did the real movie with a different design. >_>-; Yes I'm in denial.

  3. #13
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:20 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,679
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I will say one thing... The movie may end up being awful but at least we have the memes to make up for it. I have seen some pretty funny ones out there lol

    I feel bad in a way for Jim... Like this is his first movie in awhile I think and he seems to be playing the part well in my opinion but the story itself... the way Sonic looks.... yikes!

    Also I didn't even consider the fan base on deviant art losing their minds if he took his shoes off in the movie... I hope to God they know to never show that.
    Yeah, you know what....come to think of it I haven't seen Jim Carey in a while. Maybe he's been in stuff, but I haven't noticed. He will always be the Pet Detective/Grinch to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by l3ombyx View Post
    I'm totally convinced they did this on purpose to drive up attention for sonic, and they did the real movie with a different design. >_>-; Yes I'm in denial.
    Denial or not, this movie is gonna be a dumpster fire and I'm EXCITED
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  4. #14
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:49 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,976
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,030,654
    To be fair they technically did listen to the fans.

    Sonic Movie... YIKES!-sanic-hegehog_12e8ce_7068191-jpg

  5. Like Zemekis liked this post
    Funny nagato found this post funny
  6. #15
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 05:22 AM
    Posts
    1,205
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    23,159
    There needs to be a scene where Sonic consults someone who was touched in a inappropriate manner.


  7. #16
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:20 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,895
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    This one is my favorite because of how easily Tails gives in:

    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  8. #17
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    31st August 2020 12:16 PM
    Posts
    1,405
    Wong
    2,814
    I'd rather just watch shit like this.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

  9. #18
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 05:22 AM
    Posts
    1,205
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    23,159
    So I decided to bring this thread back from the dead because I finally got to see the Sonic movie. I figured I'd post my thoughts in this thread instead of creating another thread to not clutter the board with something that covers the same topic twice. Like I said earlier in the thread, I got liquored up a bit and went into this movie expecting a beautiful disaster on the calibur of The Room.

    ...and it turned out pretty good. Pretty damn good in fact.

    Don't get me wrong, it's not a awesome or a brilliant movie by any means but it's a surprisingly entertaining movie in a genuine way and not a so bad it's good kind of way. It is kind of a bummer that the majority of the movie is set on earth since Sonic's world is brilliantly realized. Still, Sonic trying to adjust to the human world is endearing to watch. Believe it or not, the humans are actually pretty good in this. The main human that Sonic befriends is actually not a bumbling oaf that you'd expect him to be in movies like this. Jim Carrey is quite funny as Dr. Robotnik especially if you loved Jim Carrey's 90s output. In fact, it's a pleasent surprise that most of the humor doesn't come off as cringe worthy...well, except for when Sonic does the Fortnite dance but beyond that, I was chuckling quite a bit throughout the movie.

    Now, I'm not on my Sonic lore so I can't quite comment on how faithful it is to the game (Sonic has a mother/mentor figure that appears briefly at the beginning of the movie who is an Owl named Longclaw. Was she a character from any of the Sonic media?) but it does have some easter eggs like some familiar music popping up. Hell, it even has a fun use of the Sanic meme. Oh, and there's another familiar character that shows up in a after credits scene. If you're even slightly familiar with the franchise, I think you can guess on who it is...the movie design for him is quite good if I do say so myself.

    Yeah, so overall, it's not going to blow anyone's mind but it's one of the better video game movies and I think if you grew up with Sonic you'll probably end up liking this.

  10. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  11. #19
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 01:30 AM
    Posts
    2,037
    Wong
    48,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    So I decided to bring this thread back from the dead because I finally got to see the Sonic movie. I figured I'd post my thoughts in this thread instead of creating another thread to not clutter the board with something that covers the same topic twice. Like I said earlier in the thread, I got liquored up a bit and went into this movie expecting a beautiful disaster on the calibur of The Room.

    ...and it turned out pretty good. Pretty damn good in fact.

    Don't get me wrong, it's not a awesome or a brilliant movie by any means but it's a surprisingly entertaining movie in a genuine way and not a so bad it's good kind of way. It is kind of a bummer that the majority of the movie is set on earth since Sonic's world is brilliantly realized. Still, Sonic trying to adjust to the human world is endearing to watch. Believe it or not, the humans are actually pretty good in this. The main human that Sonic befriends is actually not a bumbling oaf that you'd expect him to be in movies like this. Jim Carrey is quite funny as Dr. Robotnik especially if you loved Jim Carrey's 90s output. In fact, it's a pleasent surprise that most of the humor doesn't come off as cringe worthy...well, except for when Sonic does the Fortnite dance but beyond that, I was chuckling quite a bit throughout the movie.

    Now, I'm not on my Sonic lore so I can't quite comment on how faithful it is to the game (Sonic has a mother/mentor figure that appears briefly at the beginning of the movie who is an Owl named Longclaw. Was she a character from any of the Sonic media?) but it does have some easter eggs like some familiar music popping up. Hell, it even has a fun use of the Sanic meme. Oh, and there's another familiar character that shows up in a after credits scene. If you're even slightly familiar with the franchise, I think you can guess on who it is...the movie design for him is quite good if I do say so myself.

    Yeah, so overall, it's not going to blow anyone's mind but it's one of the better video game movies and I think if you grew up with Sonic you'll probably end up liking this.
    Funny you bump this. I watches a review of sorts on Youtube and the guys mentioned the movie not being nothing to jump out of your shoes over but considering it was a kid's film, you are still able to enjoy it as an adult fan of Sonic. It being an origin story let them have enough wiggle room I guess to make it creative enough though it was clear where the story was going and what the message would be.

  12. #20
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today 02:17 PM
    Age
    31
    Posts
    786
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    13,612
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but that seems to be the consensus among most reviewers.
    Good kids movie with decent moments for kids, and Carey is a great Robotnic.

    As of writing this, it's already grossed $111 Million total, making over its projected $81-95 Million budget.
    That makes it already the highest grossing video-game based movie.
    Theres not much actual competition in that field, but still impressive.

    I'm really happy it's already made so much. It shows that when you listen to the fans, admit your mistake and fix it, the fans will reward you. This shows that some people in Hollywood care about more than making a movie solely to make a profit.
    Ironic that this came out the same weekend as Blumhouse's Fantasy Island. Which, according to Chris Stuckman is somehow worse than Truth or Dare. *shudders*

    That's a lesson the idiots who shat out the Cats movie could have learned. (How the fuck did they make Idris Elba look that ugly? I'm straight, but I cant deny he's a good looking man).
    But they decided to stick with the freaky uncanny valley destroying realistic cats and...they got a giant box office bomb.
    Granted, they might not have been able to delay it considering its budget was considerably higher, and they have much more stars in it.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Sonic Movie... YIKES! Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! The Syndicate Lounge