• How well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?
  • How well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:23 AM
    Posts
    1,396
    Wong
    31,803

    How well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?

    I have not kept up with anything related to the news on it. I know it is going to launch sometime this year, that is about it. I remember reading about their Fox network deal to scoop up all the rights to those shows so Netflix can't use them. I am sure there will be some competition here for Netflix for a bit but I don't know how long it will last. When someone thinks "Disney" they think "kids". At least I do.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    8th September 2019 10:18 AM
    Posts
    1,330
    Wong
    2,012
    It could go either way, depending on who jumps ship and how many of them follow.

    Personally I wouldn't sign up for it, on the basis that Disney today is just the worst sort of all-consuming, IP-fucking monster (look what it did to Star Wars almost immediately, followed by pointless remakes of its own material, now with rumours of a Die Hard reboot). It just wants more, more, more, with the absolute minimum of effort, and unfortunately it can afford to be this way and will continue to be so until everything starts tanking.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

  3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Drink to This! Starwind55 would drink to this post
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 04:07 AM
    Posts
    809
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    12,581
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfStuff View Post
    It could go either way, depending on who jumps ship and how many of them follow.

    Personally I wouldn't sign up for it, on the basis that Disney today is just the worst sort of all-consuming, IP-fucking monster (look what it did to Star Wars almost immediately, followed by pointless remakes of its own material, now with rumours of a Die Hard reboot). It just wants more, more, more, with the absolute minimum of effort, and unfortunately it can afford to be this way and will continue to be so until everything starts tanking.
    I raise my drink to you good sir. Disney is the most souless, corporate by the numbers studios out there. Well, most studios are but Disney takes it to a whole other level. Now that they own 20th Century Fox, they have the rights to movies like Die Hard, Alien, Commando, and Predator, movies that I wouldn't want Disney to so much even look in the general direction of. They are even planning a reboot of Alien and I dread to see what Alien under Disney would turn out to be. Don't even get me started on the remakes that Disney is doing of their older movies. It's depressing that people still give them any attention. Honestly, this is the only good thing to come out of Disney in awhile.



    For their sake, they better hope that their streaming service succeeds. Sure, they had some box office hits but their park attendance is low and the new Star Wars theme park is doing poorly. Hell, the way they've been treating Star Wars is so horrible that some people are expecting the new movie to under perform. Marvel is still successful but considering some of the plans they've had for future movies, who knows how long they are going to keep that up. The streaming services better have some really special fucking shit because if it doesn't, that's gonna be another huge financial blow to them.

  5. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  6. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    8th September 2019 10:18 AM
    Posts
    1,330
    Wong
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    Welcome to Walt DinduLand! Where dreams get stolen!
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

  7. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:23 AM
    Posts
    1,396
    Wong
    31,803
    That video is so embarrassing. How anyone can be proud to act like this in public is beyond me. I never went to Disneyland or Disneyworld and I never will. It seems like both are such trashy places that only look to milk parents dry from their kids.

    I didn't even think about all those movies either that Disney now has the rights to. The future of movies is a grim one.

  8. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    16th September 2019 04:37 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    991
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I didn't even think about all those movies either that Disney now has the rights to. The future of movies is a grim one.
    I'm excited for the anime future, can't wait for movies and cartoons to die off so they stop indoctrinating people and I can stop hearing about Hollywood's latest trash.

    How well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?-261-jpgHow well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?-please-dont-tell-live-0-32805703-png
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  9. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
  10. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:23 AM
    Posts
    1,396
    Wong
    31,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    I'm excited for the anime future, can't wait for movies and cartoons to die off so they stop indoctrinating people and I can stop hearing about Hollywood's latest trash.

    How well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?-261-jpgHow well do you think Disney's streaming service will do?-please-dont-tell-live-0-32805703-png
    I can't see them ever not having power over people. I never understood the obsession with famous people. I think because of a lot of famous people on Youtube, it kind of shook their reality and they are now seeing a rise in younger people not even paying attention to them. Likely why they keep hitting repeat on everything just hoping to milk people for money while they can.

  11. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    8th September 2019 10:18 AM
    Posts
    1,330
    Wong
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    I never understood the obsession with famous people.
    Seconding this, especially when it comes to flash-in-the-pan "reality" "stars". Bunch of fucking nobodies famous for being famous! How the fuck does that work?!

    Drowned-in-a-flash-flood would be an ideal way of sorting that problem but it's difficult to engineer something like that and oh no I've done it again and told everyone.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

  12. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  13. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:23 AM
    Posts
    1,396
    Wong
    31,803
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronOfStuff View Post
    Seconding this, especially when it comes to flash-in-the-pan "reality" "stars". Bunch of fucking nobodies famous for being famous! How the fuck does that work?!

    Drowned-in-a-flash-flood would be an ideal way of sorting that problem but it's difficult to engineer something like that and oh no I've done it again and told everyone.
    What is funny... And maybe even downright depressing is that most famous people have to go through a period of letting their real self die. Some do some of the sickest stuff behind closed doors too. Like things, we can't even imagine, yet they are idolized. I just look at them as zombies with a lot of money anymore. So many have dead eyes unless they are acting in a movie or show.

  14. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    16th September 2019 04:37 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    991
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    9,670
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    What is funny... And maybe even downright depressing is that most famous people have to go through a period of letting their real self die. Some do some of the sickest stuff behind closed doors too. Like things, we can't even imagine, yet they are idolized. I just look at them as zombies with a lot of money anymore. So many have dead eyes unless they are acting in a movie or show.
    The contact lenses, lighting, makeup, and editing make them almost look human. Technology is amazing.

    I don't care if people want to be scummy or whatever, and i don't care if a shitbag gets famous. The problem i have with it is if they do a bunch of moral grandstanding despite being a shithead and people eat it up. It terrifies me that the average person is so easily fooled and shepherded. It's cult-like the way these dead eyed "celebs" can direct public opinion. So many people are empty and looking for direction and meaning, so they listen to the words coming out of the TV.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  15. Agree KorinKitty agreed with this post

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •