• Shows you feel are overrated?
  • Shows you feel are overrated?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 06:42 AM
    Posts
    1,511
    Wong
    34,619

    Shows you feel are overrated?

    Okay this is something I have said in the past and many people were mad at me for it.
    One show I feel was overrated is The Sopranos. Not because of the acting or even the story, just the general Italian mob thing being thrown around at the time tarnish it for me. I really don't care for many Italian mafia movies at all, let alone TV shows or series. Maybe that is just me.

    What are some shows you feel at overrated?

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    5th September 2019 04:17 PM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    145
    Wong
    2,332
    Breaking Bad. It's kind of like Pulp Fiction in that it's considered the best thing ever by so many people yet I just thought it was merely "alright", and I don't get the hype for Walt, he just comes across as an unsympathetic idiot who keeps putting himself and his family in danger just so he can stroke his own ego.

  3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 02:47 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,308
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,020,460
    Doctor Who, definitely. I think in general I'm not a big fan of British TV. It doesn't take itself seriously. Most shows come across as a bit silly, like British TV knows its production value isn't particularly high so it tries to compensate for that with unfunny satire. I just don't get why so many people nerd out to it. It's... boring.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  5. Like KorinKitty, Example liked this post
  6. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 06:42 AM
    Posts
    1,511
    Wong
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Doctor Who, definitely. I think in general I'm not a big fan of British TV. It doesn't take itself seriously. Most shows come across as a bit silly, like British TV knows its production value isn't particularly high so it tries to compensate for that with unfunny satire. I just don't get why so many people nerd out to it. It's... boring.
    I actually enjoy Eastenders but can't stand US soaps. Go figure. haha I get what you mean though. In comparison to stuff in the US, a lot of it is very dry. I watched a number of British things and have only found a handful to be good.

  7. Like Mantis liked this post
  8. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Seen
    31st July 2019 05:00 AM
    Age
    36
    Posts
    412
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    1,551
    The Simpsons for the last 15 years for me fall into this. The show's first 10 seasons was trend setting for the time, but most of the original writers and show runners retired or left by season 7 & 8 and what we're left with is a shadow of what it was and making pop culture references that are between one to five years too late. And their behind the scenes feud with Family Guy doesn't help either.



    REALLY?!
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

  9. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Facepalm Mantis facepalmed at this post
  10. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today 08:57 AM
    Age
    30
    Posts
    656
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    11,638
    Bob's Burgers. When this show was first on, I heard so many people on youtube, twitter, and other places praise this to no end. And then I watched a few episodes, and found it to be extremely boring. None of the characters are interesting, and they're all just copy pasted from other shows. Bob is just Hank Hill, Linda is somehow a more annoying Peggy Hill, the kids are all just an amalgamation of all the cartoon sitcom kids. Tina is a boring Meg Griffin, Gene is what you get if you combine Bobby Hill and Chris Griffin, and Louise is Stewie. The side characters are pointless, and the whole show in general is just...incredibly boring. I've given the show a few chances, but I cannot remember any lines, jokes, or scenarios in the show at all. It's just a watered down version of all the other adult cartoon sitcoms.

    .

  11. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Today 06:42 AM
    Posts
    1,511
    Wong
    34,619
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudohippie View Post
    Bob's Burgers. When this show was first on, I heard so many people on youtube, twitter, and other places praise this to no end. And then I watched a few episodes, and found it to be extremely boring. None of the characters are interesting, and they're all just copy pasted from other shows. Bob is just Hank Hill, Linda is somehow a more annoying Peggy Hill, the kids are all just an amalgamation of all the cartoon sitcom kids. Tina is a boring Meg Griffin, Gene is what you get if you combine Bobby Hill and Chris Griffin, and Louise is Stewie. The side characters are pointless, and the whole show in general is just...incredibly boring. I've given the show a few chances, but I cannot remember any lines, jokes, or scenarios in the show at all. It's just a watered down version of all the other adult cartoon sitcoms.
    When that show first started, I liked it but before the first season was over.. I was over it. Now it seems like people just like it to say they like what others like. I find the humor very bland and the characters to be too shifty. And I can see what you mean about the characters being the same from other shows.

  12. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 02:47 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,308
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,020,460
    I don't think The Simpsons is overrated as I feel it's universally agreed that all those more recent Simpsons seasons are rather rubbish. A show doesn't have to be very entertaining to get good enough ratings to stay on the air. Take South Park for instance. I never got the interest in that show, certainly so for the post-2000 seasons. Don't get me started on Family Guy.

    King of the Hill should have been as popular (or more) than it was as that show was actually quite funny.

    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



  13. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    5th September 2019 04:17 PM
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Age
    26
    Posts
    145
    Wong
    2,332
    Haruhi gets my vote for the single most overrated anime ever made. Just completely and utterly repulsive on every level, without a hint of self-awareness, and yet is praised as a masterpiece pretty much everywhere you look in the anime community. Only one episode made me laugh, every other episode had me wondering to myself "why the fuck am I still watching this tripe?" every few minutes.

    On the other hand there's Cowboy Bebop, which is a great show but I really wish the fanboys would shut up about it already.

  14. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    Today 02:47 PM
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,308
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    10,020,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    Haruhi gets my vote for the single most overrated anime ever made. Just completely and utterly repulsive on every level, without a hint of self-awareness, and yet is praised as a masterpiece pretty much everywhere you look in the anime community. Only one episode made me laugh, every other episode had me wondering to myself "why the fuck am I still watching this tripe?" every few minutes.
    I found the protagonist completely obnoxious. The series as a whole was tolerable, but not particularly good and is indeed overrated as hell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Example View Post
    On the other hand there's Cowboy Bebop, which is a great show but I really wish the fanboys would shut up about it already.
    Pretty much a summary of my thoughts too.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

    Anime and Steam info

    Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •