• Do you know anyone personally who is into VR?
  • Do you know anyone personally who is into VR?

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:10 PM
    Posts
    2,022
    Wong
    48,095

    Do you know anyone personally who is into VR?

    I was thinking about it, and I don't. This may be down to the cost of it or just the general lack of appeal for those I know but I only ever see people on YouTube who are into it. When I first heard about it, I thought that it wouldn't do well simply because people are used to just gaming on consoles or computers. They have done well but they still don't feel mainstream to me. Maybe I just don't know very enthusiastic people lol

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 07:51 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,875
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,419
    Nope. I knew a few people who WERE into it, me included...but to be honest i don't blame fans for a lack of enthusiasm, i blame game devs for not coming up with anything compelling enough. Any platform fails without decent applications. There were a few games that were fun to fuck around with when VR had it's most recent wave of popularity & media attention, but then....silence. there was no capitalization on that fervor. I anticipate another VR push in 6-8 years with better tech.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
  4. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:10 PM
    Posts
    2,022
    Wong
    48,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Nope. I knew a few people who WERE into it, me included...but to be honest i don't blame fans for a lack of enthusiasm, i blame game devs for not coming up with anything compelling enough. Any platform fails without decent applications. There were a few games that were fun to fuck around with when VR had it's most recent wave of popularity & media attention, but then....silence. there was no capitalization on that fervor. I anticipate another VR push in 6-8 years with better tech.
    Yeah, I can see them trying again. I mean where it stands right now, it just feels like the early years of gaming. Back when not everyone had a gaming console and it was something that people were interested in but not enough to stick with it and see where it goes.

  5. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    Today 07:51 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,875
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    20,419
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Yeah, I can see them trying again. I mean where it stands right now, it just feels like the early years of gaming. Back when not everyone had a gaming console and it was something that people were interested in but not enough to stick with it and see where it goes.
    What's interesting is that this isn't the first time in our lifetimes this has occurred. VR has been an established thing in sci-fi for a long time and I think the most recent round of VR hardware (referring to Samsung, Occulus, HTC, and PSVR) is roughly the...third iteration? If you count the 8-bit era with the NES VR headset/powerglove and the Virtual Boy...then roughly 10 years ago with Google Glass and all the motion controls in games (granted, this may not be enough to count as a wave of its own). EACH time they try again it still feels like the tech is in its infancy. How do 2/3 waves all feel like a first attempt? Still, the improvement in 30-ish years is noticeable and I expect that we will live to see a really impressive implementation of VR while we are still young enough to play games without our bones shattering.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  6. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:28 PM
    Posts
    44
    Wong
    786
    I have a few friends who do. They get together once a month at a local arcade and play some halo knock off game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Affiliates
Do you know anyone personally who is into VR? Revillution.net - Your portal to entertainment! The Syndicate Lounge