Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today 12:35 AM
    Age
    30
    Posts
    652
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    11,598

    Pokémon Sword and Shield just Announced! (Spoilers)

    So, the Pokémon Direct earlier today announced Generation 8, set in the new Galar Region (which seems to be based partly on Sweden). It didn't show much, but did give us the three starters.

    The Grass Monkey, Grookey
    The Fire Bunny, Scorbunny.
    The Water Lizard, Sobble.

    Here's the actualy Direct for anyone interested. It's 7 minutes long, and the Pokémon's names get revealed around 5:28.

    I'm really excited to see a Generation of one of my favorite games coming to the Switch.
    Anyone else excited for these games?

    .

  2. #2
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:26 AM
    Posts
    1,499
    Wong
    34,344
    Based on the rumors of there being armored Pokemon, I am a bit weary. I like mega evolutions myself and was kind of disappointed they stopped making those. I hope it will end up being a game I want to play but as of right now, I just can't say.

  3. #3
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    12th November 2019 08:41 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,162
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    11,683
    Oh, Mega-Evolutions stopped being a thing? The last generation I played hardcore was Gen 2 (I was a Silver kid), although I stayed up to date through friends and the occasional Pokemon movie through Gen 3. I dipped my toe into X & Y in college, and my wife put 200 hours into Pokemon Sun. I'm just realizing now that the game pseudohippie is the big console iteration of the series that has been rumored (was it confirmed in the past?) for years. To be honest, I wish this came on the N64 or something back in the peak of my hype. I had this game confused with the Eevee & Pikachu games that came out on the Switch recently. And what the hell is a "Detective Pikachu"?

    Can anyone explain roughly the last....4 years of Pokemon releases to catch me up to speed?
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  4. #4
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:26 AM
    Posts
    1,499
    Wong
    34,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Oh, Mega-Evolutions stopped being a thing? The last generation I played hardcore was Gen 2 (I was a Silver kid), although I stayed up to date through friends and the occasional Pokemon movie through Gen 3. I dipped my toe into X & Y in college, and my wife put 200 hours into Pokemon Sun. I'm just realizing now that the game pseudohippie is the big console iteration of the series that has been rumored (was it confirmed in the past?) for years. To be honest, I wish this came on the N64 or something back in the peak of my hype. I had this game confused with the Eevee & Pikachu games that came out on the Switch recently. And what the hell is a "Detective Pikachu"?

    Can anyone explain roughly the last....4 years of Pokemon releases to catch me up to speed?
    I only got back into it in 2016 so I am not entirely sure. I just know they stopped making new megas in gen 7. They only had them in gen 6 and released new ones for the gen 3 reboot. Gen 7 had them but nothing new. Not sure if they will be making new ones in gen 8 but I am hoping for it. The z moves were introduced in place of new megas for gen 7 and I think to push more merch.

  5. #5
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:26 AM
    Posts
    1,499
    Wong
    34,344
    If the plan is to have this game come out later this year, I would imagine we will be getting some more news on it in the next week or two. They like to drip stuff out slowly to keep people interested and discussing it.

  6. #6
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:26 AM
    Posts
    1,499
    Wong
    34,344
    Giving this a little bump. Some more information was released about the games as well as the legendaries. I kind of assumed they would be wolf related given the logo of each game but they really put some "literal" context on them. lol The one is holding a sword and the other one has a shield as its mane.

  7. #7
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    12th November 2019 08:41 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,162
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    11,683
    Totally forgot about these games! I've gotten out of Pokemon in recent years but my wife has sort of filled the void I left as she got into it just as I stopped caring. Sword and Shield are full-blown console RPGs for the first time in the series, right? Might get my wife a Switch for her birthday this Summer and grab her the game(s) for Christmas.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

  8. #8
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:26 AM
    Posts
    1,499
    Wong
    34,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemekis View Post
    Totally forgot about these games! I've gotten out of Pokemon in recent years but my wife has sort of filled the void I left as she got into it just as I stopped caring. Sword and Shield are full-blown console RPGs for the first time in the series, right? Might get my wife a Switch for her birthday this Summer and grab her the game(s) for Christmas.
    Yeah they will be like that "Let's Go" game but with all the core RPG and the main story like the older games. They have always been updating their graphics but this is the biggest move away from the classic style of the game.

  9. #9
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today 12:35 AM
    Age
    30
    Posts
    652
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    11,598
    They announced that not all of the 809 previous Pokémon will be in Sword and Shield, and a lot of people are pissed. I can see why, but...you're not going to use all 809 Pokémon lol.
    I see a lot of people saying they won't buy the games, even though that's a complete and utter lie lol. They will still sell extremely well, and people will stop bitching pretty soon after they're out.

    But in positive news, I need Yamper in my life right now.
    -yamper-jpg

    .

  10. #10
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Last Seen
    12th November 2019 08:41 PM
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,162
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    11,683
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudohippie View Post
    They announced that not all of the 809 previous Pokémon will be in Sword and Shield, and a lot of people are pissed. I can see why, but...you're not going to use all 809 Pokémon lol.
    I see a lot of people saying they won't buy the games, even though that's a complete and utter lie lol. They will still sell extremely well, and people will stop bitching pretty soon after they're out.

    But in positive news, I need Yamper in my life right now.
    -yamper-jpg
    Nobody who cares enough to complain about something like that is actually going to boycott a Pokemon game. If you get worked up over Pokemon, then you have no power over yourself and will eventually fold. That being said, I do have a little background with this considering a guy I knew a few years back that I may have mentioned here on the forums before. He's a Nintendo/Gamefreak/90's media nutcase. This guy would buy 3 of everything (every region too). One to display, one to open, and one for storage.

    Anyway, this guy kept me up to date on all things Pokemon (which was kinda nice at times) and all things Smash (couldn't. care. less. I'm not even a Smash hater, he just ruined it for me by being the quintessential Smash soyboy). To my understanding there's a sort of Pokemon Bank(?) in which you store Pokemon in excess of what your in-game PC can hold. Presumably this is due to storage restraints on the game, so your Pokemon are stored in a sort of Google Drive for Pokemon...but...if the game has the ability to load up all the in-game Pokemon models, then why can't is store all your Pokemon? I mean when they're in the PC it's only storing their name/stats....it's not much data. This Pokemon Bank is a paid subscription service, which is disgusting when you think that the games could just store your Pokemon. The one nice thing is that Pokemon used to get lost between generations & hardware that couldn't talk to eachother, but now they can transcend platforms more easily, i guess?

    My question to you guys who have been following Pokemon: Are the 2 new games compatible with the Pokemon Bank? As in, are the Pokemon that aren't featured/catchable within these 2 games still available to be ported over from one of your earlier 3DS games?
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •