Thread: Chavs

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 12:53 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Chavs

More information on the common chav here. UK members, do you think the stereotype is accurate, or fair? Or perhaps you believe that those labelled as chavs are unfairly judged. I'm interested in hearing how things are in your part of the UK. As for the USA members and members from other nations, do you have any equivalent of the chav, going by the information in that link? I believe the stereotype is exclusive to the UK, but I'm eager to hear others' comments...
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    6th June 2012 08:42 PM
    Wong

RE: Chavs

I'll say this; it's not much of an exaggeration. Except for the bit where they sing, because chavs trying to sing often turns out more like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LMpUPRjVQ

They're the living definition of 'peasant underclass', with added shit, and quite frankly I'd like to see them all set on fire.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

LOL Baron. That video never gets old. I have met people with the appearance of a chav who were actually all right. The vast majority I've come across, however, have truly matched the stereotype and are a bunch of assholes. The mosher, goth and emo trends have more or less phased out, I believe. Yet chavs are as prevalent as ever. Hmmm.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    4th August 2012 05:02 PM
    Wong

They seem to have disappeared from my area, almost completely. Well, perhaps not just vanished.. I think they actually evolved.

The tracksuits are gone. they've been replaced with "Henley" jeans, tennis shoes and quite frankly, gay t-shirts. These are the same people. they just have a different uniform now.

Last Seen
    21st October 2018 04:23 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong

We have "jocks" in the US that seem to be sterotyped the same way that Chavs are.
    We also have the kind of idiots who think they're athletes who wear white t-shirts, gym shorts, and flip flops with socks. Quite an odd look, and kind of tells you that person thinks they're some kind of awesome athlete, but in reality have very little athleticism.

https://www.twitch.tv/hippieharris<--My friend's Twitch channel (I'm usually there with other friends)

Last Seen
    6th June 2012 02:44 AM
    Wong

In the U.S. we have a couple of similar groups, some "gangsta" wanabees being the most annoying of the bunch as they just try so hard to look tough and end up looking like idiots but then again, the rappers they are mimicking aren't exactly genius either so you can't expect much...

Also, a lot of them try to look "ghetto" by attempting to pass it off as if they're poor but the idiots fail to remember that they're wearing ridiculously priced sneakers, some of them even wrap their shoes in some sort of shrink wrap LOL (I wish I was joking, not too common though but it happens).

Last Seen
    6th June 2012 08:42 PM
    Wong

Quote Originally Posted by WiseNinja
    some of them even wrap their shoes in some sort of shrink wrap
    What.
    The.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydSSJ4
    They seem to have disappeared from my area, almost completely. Well, perhaps not just vanished.. I think they actually evolved.

The tracksuits are gone. they've been replaced with "Henley" jeans, tennis shoes and quite frankly, gay t-shirts. These are the same people. they just have a different uniform now.
    It's beginning to look that way here too now. They're still the same shit-thick retards asking for drink/cigs that I want to set ablaze (goddamnit vermin extermination laws, when will you be fixed?), but they somehow managed to make themselves look even worse while trying to look... I don't know what they're trying to do actually. Make themselves look better? Older?

Like I care. Bonfire please.
    "It turned out that the ghost was just Mr. Finley, who ran the amusement park. The spooky part is that, as soon as the ghost appeared, the teenagers' dog began to speak! And it spoke in a tortured parody of human speech: 'relp me, Raggy,' it would say. 'I am an abomination and rould re rilled. Rill re, Raggy.'"

Last Seen
    6th June 2012 02:44 AM
    Wong

Yeah the shrink wrap thing is pretty ridiculous, unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of the exact thing I saw but this is sort of close, although it's a bit more hardcore: http://www.sneaker-exchange.com/Image/Weblog/air-jordan-9-olive-crumbled2.jpg

The way the guy walked was hilarious as well.

Last Seen
    8th July 2015 11:00 PM
    Wong
    Another US member here and while I can't say I've ever seen a chav in real life (not that I want to), I live in a heavily Spanish neighborhood where the men between the ages of 20-60 (seriously) seem to have a uniform of a wife beater, some kind of tacky shorts, socks and sandals. They love clustering in front of their buildings to the point it looks like they're holding a rally and they always seem to be drunk in some way.

It's worse when women try to pass by and they start whistling and saying dirty words in Spanish with some English mixed in. Summer is when they come out in droves to block sidewalks and stare at people walking by like they have nothing else better to do.

God, I want to move...

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by SereneAngel88 View Post
    Summer is when they come out in droves to block sidewalks and stare at people walking by like they have nothing else better to do.

God, I want to move...
    Probably better than Brazil though. I've been told that "pedreiro" (literally Portuguese for "bricklayer") are infamous for constantly checking out women walking by and shouting at them. (Often shouting "Aaaaay gurl!") It's what the meme Ash Pedreiro originated from.

Anime and Steam info