Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: You read books?

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 06:03 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I don't read often enough. I've been meaning to improve just how much I read but due to a combination of work and laziness, I haven't gotten around to that. I got several books recently, though they are both non-fiction. I have The Big Sort by Bill Bishop and another book I received as a Christmas gift called A History of The Vikings by Gwyn Jones. Now I just have to stop putting them off and read the darn things.

Last Seen
    2nd March 2017 09:30 PM
    Wong
    I read way more manga than other types of literature (it's funny, since I used to be a major bookworm...and still kind of am otherwise). But I just noticed near my desk a self help book called "Sixty Ways to make Stress Work For You". So that'd probably be a good read. I also have a writer's help book about writing strong heroines that I got a year or so ago as a gift....I should really get to reading that. It's been sitting near my bed for ages.
    "I don't know what words I can say
    The wind has a way to talk to me
    Flowers sleep, a silent lullaby
    I pray for reply
    I'm ready"
    -Melfina's Song

Last Seen
    22nd February 2018 12:33 PM
    Wong
    I don't really read books anymore because I just don't have the time. To be fair, even if I had some time I would most likely do something else like game on the PS4 rather than read a book. It's weird because I used to read books all the time when I was younger. I think the move to High School which meant a lot more homework every week was the reason. It just meant I didn't have time to read books for my own interest which would have led me to just not like them anymore. I will however still read the occasional comic although I doubt that you could consider it as a book.

Last Seen
    5th August 2017 07:18 PM
    Wong
    I did read some books but I haven't touched one for a long time since I'm a bit busy. I have read Cashflow Quadrant, Art of War, and the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari. I usually read some part of them just when I need information and I remember that I read something about that information in those books. I read Art of War a lot of times back when I was still doing sales training 3 years ago.

Last Seen
    30th November 2017 05:31 PM
    Wong
    I do read a lot of books, most of them are novels which are mostly addictive. I also like non-fiction books as well as self-help books. One of my all time favorite book is Chicken Soup for the Soul, definitely one of the best book there is that can make you laugh, cry, motivated, inspired and fall in love all over again. Thriller books are also my thing. Two of my favorite includes Sidney Sheldon's The Other Side of Midnight and Memories of Midnight

Last Seen
    13th August 2018 12:05 PM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    At the moment I'm reading the Dragonlance Chronicles, which is pretty good.
    Name:  dl-characters.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  77.4 KB

Last Seen
    7th December 2017 03:41 PM
    Wong
    I have read a ton of books (maybe literally a ton, judging by how many I had to get rid of when I moved, lol). Now, I usually give them away or donate them when I'm done reading and re-reading them. I can also trade them in for something else to read at the used bookstore. I don't have nearly as many as I used to.

I've been thinking about re-reading some that I was gifted a while back, since I'm currently watching a series on Amazon that was based on these books.

I tend to like the books better than any shows/movies based on them, but this one isn't bad.

Last Seen
    28th May 2018 12:21 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Reading books is not really my favorite hobby, but I do read a good book once in a while. I love the Nancy Drew series. It's actually my best. My best form of book reading is through the Wattpad app. It is much more convenient than carrying around a book.

Last Seen
    Today 06:23 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I quite enjoy reading. I've been getting more and more into it as of late. Mainly sticking to the Classics, but I'm branching out into more sci-fi and fantasy. I've been reading Don Quixote recently, and it's quite hilarious.
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:54 AM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    I read a lot for my studies but i also do it a bit on my free time.
    Here are some books i loved :

-as a hobby : The red and the black by Stendhal (yeah i tried a quick translation), 1984 by George Orwell, Bel-ami by Maupassant, and some mangas.

-in my studies : The battle of Poitiers (1356) and the construction of France by Jean-Médéric Tourneur-Aumont, The disaster of Pavie by Jean Giono, and the original version (as in, in medieval french vernacular, AKA franco-provencal) of the Great chronicles of France by Jean Froissart. Reading an ancient vernacular tongue is really tough but it's a lot of fun and it feels somewhat refreshing and refined, of course there are always translated versions.