ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    1st August 2012 07:31 AM
    Wong

Your Dream Anime?

What kind of anime appeals to your senses? Has places you dream of seeing, or wish you thought of first? I wanna hear your thoughts. If could be any anime out in existence, or one you have dancing through your head. List as many as you have, and reasons.Mine are:
    1) FullMetal Alchemist/ FullMetal Alcheimist:Brotherhood. Why? Being able to be a real life pyro, so I can camp and never worry about fire and warmth. Being able to make something I needed in an instant,and make a legit job
    2)Saiyuki/Saiyuki Reload. Why? I love mysticism and Yokai. This is a travel through China to India to save the world by four awesome guys I would love to hang out with in real life
    3)Claymore. Why? Because Clare is the sh*t. And the swords. Period
    "You can never count on anyone but yourself, but then sometimes, you just want to feel the warmth of another body, you know?" -Hot Ice Hilda
    "Hey O'Connell! Looks like I got all the horses!"
    "Hey Beni! Looks like you're on the wrong side of the river!" Beni & Rick, The Mummy
    Will Draw for Food! Check out my DeviantArt account at My Account

Last Seen
    9th October 2018 04:56 AM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong

RE: Your Dream Anime?

Alright I'll give this a try.

1) Outlaw Star. Why? Hanging out with the OLS be worth it alone and space travel to different worlds would be awesome.
    2) Full Metal Panic!/Patlabor. Why? Giant robots with realistic purposes and I want Belfangan Clouseau's M9D Falke.
    3) Tenchi Muyo. Why? A teenage boy with a harem of girls fighting for his affection and have super powers. Why not?
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

Last Seen
    8th July 2015 11:00 PM
    Wong
    My Turn!
    1) Ghost Stories: smart ass kids using a journal from a dead mother to beat supernatural threats to their small town.
    2) Cutey Honey: The leader of all magical girls (in my opinion) and has a really catchy theme song that won't leave my head.
    3) Hellsing: Alucard. Enough said

Last Seen
    4th August 2015 03:42 AM
    Wong
    1. Soul Eater: Sharing an out-of-body bond with someone can actually be a real thing and can make the impossible possible. And make you look totally badass.
    2. Samurai Champloo: who knew feudalistic Japan and hip-hop music could mesh so tightly?
    3. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: If there was a schoolgirl with the powers of a god in my high school, I'd want to know what to do in that situation.

Honorable Mention: Colorful. It's a show about panties. Do I really need to explain that?
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him. What awaits him down the path he will then have to choose; the boy doesn't always know. At some point the boy then becomes an adult, and learns what he was able to become. Joy and sadness will forever accompany this. He is confronted with a choice; when this happens, does he bid his past farewell in his heart? Once a boy becomes an adult, he can no longer go back to being a boy; the boy is now a man. Only one thing can be said: "A boy has the right to dream.". For those endless possibilities are stretched out before him.

We must remember...all men were once boys.

Last Seen
    12th July 2015 11:21 PM
    Wong
    Mine is also FMAB. I just love the world of alchemy and I had numerous dreams as a teenager who was obsessed with the series about actually living in that world and interacting with the characters. Manipulating matter magically, but on a 'semi-scientific' (it's not really scientific) basis always seemed a really cool concept to me. I've always been fascinated by science too. Equivalent Exchange is just another way of stating the Conservation of Energy law, as far as I'm concerned. I just really liked how it connected somehow in my mind.

Last Seen
    8th August 2015 08:07 AM
    Wong
    Outlaw Star's universe would be fun as long as you didn't run into any rouge spaceships. The guns are pretty cool and a caster would be fun to use.

Tsubasa Chronicles makes it where you can travel between worlds and dimensions. That would be like having several dream like worlds to visit.

Like most said, the FMA/B worlds would be fun just because of alchemy as long as you didn't get used as materials yourself.

In any mech universe, you might be able to pilot giant robots. That would be fun as well.

Last Seen
    9th July 2015 09:14 PM
    Wong
    I usually like all Studio Ghibli's anime films simply because the places they show look so beautiful, so bright and somehow tucked away that I immediately wish to visit them. Some of the most amazing scenes are in Howl's Moving Castle. I'd never seen cities so vibrant and lively and well-structured as I did in this movie. There were two or three very beautiful cities shown and I couldn't decide which one was my favourite, perhaps the capital - it seemed so extravagantly made.

The next on the list is From Up On the Poppy Hill (also Ghibli movie), for the same reason. The small little port town seemed tucked away and secure. The main character lived in a mansion on the hill, but it took numerous small alleys and steep roads to get there - so beautiful. I also liked the places in The Cat Returns and Whisper of My Heart. There are probably many more that I'd forgotten to mention.

Somehow the places appeal to me the most.

There was also a movie about Victorian London, Kuroshitsuji, I think. I had fallen in love with it for the same reason: London looked so wonderful, there was that dream-like quality about it... I can't explain it. I'd seen the whole anime series simply because of the setting.

Last Seen
    15th July 2018 02:42 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I gotta' give credit to a good buddy of mine for coming up with this one years ago, and I can't say I disagree: gimme' something original that's got characters designed by Takehiko Ito, a story written by Yasuhiro Nightow, and is directed by Shinichiro Watanabe. Then I'd wanna' sit back, let the craziness ensue, and find out if through some misappropriated usage of 'hybrid vigor' we'd find ourselves with out-of-this-world Space Western gold.

Name:  thethreespacewesterns_zpsyjhst0xi.gif
Views: 151
Size:  1.35 MB
    Would we end up with something like this? lol but seriously, I think I'd also be okay with this.
    No one's gonna' give you a map. You've gotta' walk your own path.
    - Hilda

Last Seen
    30th July 2017 10:49 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I would love to live in the world of Polar Bear Cafe, hanging out with cute talking animals all day and trying out all the delicious food would be the best!

Last Seen
    2nd March 2017 10:30 PM
    Wong
    There are a ton of anime worlds I'd enjoy living in most likely. For example, the gentle town that's the setting for Natsume Yuujinchou- especially if I could make friends with some of the yokai too (though some would probably scare the pants off me and that'd be a problem). I'd also like to live in the world of Outbreak Company to some extent...Mostly because it's such a unique culture, but I'd also probably hate the discrimination that only starts to falter at the later part of the anime (it's amazing how they put social issues into the anime using fantasy and such. It really is).

Oh, and Outlaw Star. I'd love to be able to travel through the stars...Though I'd probably stick to the quieter side of the cosmos. Still, I'd sure have a lot of stories to hear regularly!
    "I don't know what words I can say
    The wind has a way to talk to me
    Flowers sleep, a silent lullaby
    I pray for reply
    I'm ready"
    -Melfina's Song