ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 12:51 AM
    Wong

Film Adaptations of Books

There have been quite a few movie adaptations of books made (The Martian, a few Patterson books, like the Notebook, The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, etc), and I was wondering whatyou guys and gals thought about them. Do you like the idea? Do you have a favorite? Are you looking forward to any that are coming out soon?
    For me, I haven't seen too many, but there are a few I'm really looking forward to. The Masterpiece, which is the film based on "The Disaster Artist", the book by Greg Sistero, based on his experiences with The Room, and Tommy Wiseau. I love the book to bits, and I can't wait for the movie.
    I'm also REALLY excited for "The Snowman" coming out next October based on Jo Nesbo's book of the same name.

https://www.twitch.tv/hippieharris<--My friend's Twitch channel (I'm usually there with other friends)

Last Seen
    2nd March 2017 09:30 PM
    Wong
    One I both enjoyed and was frustrated at once by was The Giver. It was required reading back when I was in middle school, but I only watched the movie this year with my father. It both hit my expectations for parts or surpassed them, and completely fell flat at others...but even so, it was a brilliant movie.
    "I don't know what words I can say
    The wind has a way to talk to me
    Flowers sleep, a silent lullaby
    I pray for reply
    I'm ready"
    -Melfina's Song

Last Seen
    16th August 2017 11:56 AM
    Wong
    Yeah I did like Harry Potter and I definitely love The Notebook It's one of my favorite Romantic movie and it really made me cry like a baby. I've also watched Unconditional starring Lynn Collins and Michael Ealy. It's a biography drama film based on a book written by Eva Marie Everson. It's a great drama film and I truly loved it. Another movie I've watched based on a book is called Memories of Midnight, written by Sidney Sheldon. I'm quite disappointed with the movie because of the characters that was depicted in the book are a bit far from the movies' actors. Despite that, I think it's a decent one.

Last Seen
    5th August 2017 07:18 PM
    Wong
    I watched the Harry Potter movies for a lot of times even though I haven't read the books LOL! Though a lot of people who read the books usually complain about how bad the movie version was made, I really don't mind. Maybe because I haven't read the books but for me as long as it looks good and the story is fine, there is no problem there for me, and yes I also love The Notebook.