ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    5th August 2017 07:18 PM
    Wong

Not too Mainstream

I just watch Attack on Titan, One Piece, Naruto and I'm planning on adding a new one on my list. I still have a bit of a time to spare for another anime to watch and I would want to watch something that isn't too mainstream. A lot of people say that what I watch are too mainstream so I just want to take a look at some good anime which a lot of people here would consider non mainstream ones. Any suggestions? I won't mind if they are too brutal or too naughty LOL!

Last Seen
    Today 11:31 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I got a few that might interest you. First up is Mad Bull 34. If you can stomach the brutality and the sleaze, it's an entertaining cops and robbers yarn. If you want more guns blazing anime, Gunsmith Cats might be up your alley. If you want something that's a bit more light hearted, El Hazard: The Wanderers is good stuff. There was a TV series and an OVA made for it. I'd recommend starting off with the TV series first. Finally, there is Bastard!! It's an 80s metal album in anime form and has one of the most badass portaginists to ever grace anime.

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    I got a few that might interest you. First up is Mad Bull 34. If you can stomach the brutality and the sleaze, it's an entertaining cops and robbers yarn. If you want more guns blazing anime, Gunsmith Cats might be up your alley. If you want something that's a bit more light hearted, El Hazard: The Wanderers is good stuff. There was a TV series and an OVA made for it. I'd recommend starting off with the TV series first. Finally, there is Bastard!! It's an 80s metal album in anime form and has one of the most badass portaginists to ever grace anime.
    Wow! I think you got me really interested on watching these animes especially Bastard. I would definitely check these out. About some sexy type anime? Do you have any suggestions? Well I don't dig Hentai, something similar to Kiss X sis will do or Tenjou Tenge LOL! Thanks for the suggestions by the way.

4. Like Starwind55 liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 11:31 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Sexy type animes you say? Hmmm...for that, I would recommend Devil Hunter Yoko. The first episode is borderline hentai, though the rest of the series doesn't quite get on that level. Still, it should satisfy all your sexy anime girl needs. On an unrelated note, there is one more anime I forgot to mention in my previous post which is a personal favorite of mine...Bio Booster Armor Guyver. In particular the 12 episode OVA. It's got bio mechanical armor, cool monsters and a bunch of gore. It's one of the titles that got me into anime

Last Seen
    3rd August 2018 09:40 PM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    For sexy anime suggest Bun Up W & Excess, Agent Aika, Eiken, Heaven's Lost Property, Ikkitousen series and Amazing Nurse Nanako. Admittedly, most of these don't have a very good plot, just a lot of fan service. Agent Aika set the standard for Copious amounts of panty shots. As for, non-mainstream anime I say Gun Smith Cats is a good suggestion as stated above and I say read the manga it's worth it. Here are some other recommendations: Bubblegum Crisis (1980's series), Betterman, Desert Punk, Golden Boy, Dominion Tank Police, Gangsta, Gankutsuou and my favorite right after OLS Nadia - Secret of Blue Water, but skip the movie.
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    Sexy type animes you say? Hmmm...for that, I would recommend Devil Hunter Yoko. The first episode is borderline hentai, though the rest of the series doesn't quite get on that level. Still, it should satisfy all your sexy anime girl needs. On an unrelated note, there is one more anime I forgot to mention in my previous post which is a personal favorite of mine...Bio Booster Armor Guyver. In particular the 12 episode OVA. It's got bio mechanical armor, cool monsters and a bunch of gore. It's one of the titles that got me into anime
    Thanks for the info, I would definitely check on Devil Hunter Yoko for sure LOL! I like a bit of gore but not too much so I think I would check Bio Booster Armor Guyver, but if it has quite a ton of gore in it I might just pass LOL! I'm currently watching some Kuroko No Basket episodes and it's been fun watching this anime.

Last Seen
    Wong
    Thanks for the tip. But would I rather read the manga than watch the anime or should I do both? Way back when I was catching up with One Piece, I just watched the anime, then when I was able to catch up and wanted to know more of the story but the anime just releases one episode a week and I really can't wait that long so I started reading the manga. Should I do the same with these ones?

Last Seen
    7th September 2018 10:52 AM
    Wong
    I got a lot of tips in this thread, I'm also looking for good old animes with a bit of gore and sex, I'll check out Devil Hunter Yoko, Bastard and El Hazard. I've already watched Gangsta and it's good.