Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    9th December 2018 07:15 PM
    Wong
    I was just reading through this thread, and I have to say that your pictures are gorgeous! I always wonder how people can take things like that haha.

I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having though. Although it probably won’t make you feel completely better, you have to remember that each negative is part of a domino-effect (confusing job leads to insomnia leads to gaining weight). So once that first “domino” is stood-up, the other two should stay standing, as well. Also, remember that you can’t really blame yourself for this in any sense.

Good luck!

2. Like Starwind55 liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 02:23 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Thanks for the kind words about the photos. Personally, I think some of them could be better since they were taken by my old, crappy cell phone. I've actually have doing better on the sleep. My job recently changed my shift so I had no choice but to change my sleep schedule but it's much, much better. I don't have trouble falling asleep and now I've been hitting the gym more and more...granted, I think I spoiled one of my gym days by eating something that wouldn't help my diet but hey, baby steps. I set a goal for myself to be at a better weight by the beginning of 2019.

Last Seen
    Today 02:20 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Aw shit. I completely missed the entry from a few weeks ago. It must have been swallowed in the latest posts box. I was going to ask about your job situation, but seeing your new post I'm glad things generally worked out. Also seems you're making good progress on your weight loss. Indeed, don't beat yourself up so much over a cheat.

You should post any pics from the recent con.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Like Starwind55 liked this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Oh yeah, about that con. I did not take any photos from that con though in all honestly, you're not missing much. It was a much, much smaller con. The one I went to earlier in the year had thousands of people. This con was held at a smaller hotel and there were like maybe a hundred or so folks at most. There weren't really any cosplayers that caught my eye (No Outlaw Star ones, sadly). The panels were lame with the exception of one dedicated to goofy Japanese commercials. In fact, me and my friend spent most of the con in our hotel room. The only noteworthy night was on Friday where my friend and I got piss drunk and just went to the room parties that they were throwing there. I do remember someone in the dealer's room trying to shill me this comic he worked on that was typical steampunk stuff that had deviantart-tier artwork which I didn't want anything to do with. I don't regret my time there but I have no interest in going back. If it weren't for my friend inviting me, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Since you folks like my pics so much, there was something that I did capture. My friend and I were leaving the city to head home on Friday and on our way out, we've encountered something that I don't ever recall seeing in all my time living in Minnesota...wild turkeys!

Name:  20181021_092149.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  1.67 MB

Name:  20181021_092136.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  1.90 MB

I've seen Raccoons and other rodents where I live but I never seen turkeys, especially in Minneapolis of all places. I wanted to get a closer look but I didn't want to scare them off.

I wish I had better stories for ya but it was a rather ho-hum con.

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Turkeys are good! I wish I could personally thank them for some great Christmas dinners. Sorry it was overall a crappy time! Better luck next time I guess. I'll suggest taking some retro games. You can get really small systems with loads of ROMs. Throw in a few controllers and you've got some local multiplayer. (Hell, it's been so long since I've done that.)
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"

Anime and Steam info

Last Seen
    9th December 2018 07:15 PM
    Wong
    Those turkeys better run at this time of year

I'm really glad to hear that things have picked up a bit, hope the momentum continues in that direction!

Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Well, I feel like shit right about now.

I was walking home from work and I found myself witnessing a auto accident. I saw to cars colliding with each other. I pulled out my phone with the intent of calling 911 but my phone was taking time to turn on (I usually leave my phone off while on the job) and there were folks in a nearby building that came out and saw another guy on the phone who was describing the accident. I assumed he was already getting in touch with 911 and the folks from the building were helping them out of the car. They didn't look hurt. Shaken and crying (And justifiably so)but no injuries as far as I could tell. The entire time I was standing there and thinking, "What should I do? Do I call 911 anyway even though the other guy seems to be on the phone with them? Check to see if they are OK? What if I just get in the way?". My mind was racing and what did I end up doing?

I walked away and headed for home.

You know, maybe I'm beating myself up for it more than I should since they seemed to have gotten help but I can't shake this feeling like I should've done something. Like I could've at least comforted them or...I don't know. Something other than to walk away. I tell ya, everyone likes to think that they'd step up to the occasion when the shit hits the fan and my failure to act makes me wonder if I'm as good as I think I am. I don't know. I can't seem to shake the thought.

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    You say they weren't hurt and were already being helped, so no, you shouldn't beat yourself up about it. At least you'll now better react to a really bad situation.

Hell, I'm not sure if I'd step up to the occasion to be honest. When my family witnessed a seriously messy auto fatality, practically nobody stepped up to that despite all the people watching from afar. Well, the poor unlucky sod was already very dead (decapitated) so I guess there was nothing they could have done.

Anyways, you were simply being human. Like you said, people lose rationality in a situation like yours. Chin up, friend. I doubt many people step up the first time.

Anime and Steam info

11. Like Starwind55 liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 09:14 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    Well, I feel like shit right about now.

I was walking home from work and I found myself witnessing a auto accident. I saw to cars colliding with each other. I pulled out my phone with the intent of calling 911 but my phone was taking time to turn on (I usually leave my phone off while on the job) and there were folks in a nearby building that came out and saw another guy on the phone who was describing the accident. I assumed he was already getting in touch with 911 and the folks from the building were helping them out of the car. They didn't look hurt. Shaken and crying (And justifiably so)but no injuries as far as I could tell. The entire time I was standing there and thinking, "What should I do? Do I call 911 anyway even though the other guy seems to be on the phone with them? Check to see if they are OK? What if I just get in the way?". My mind was racing and what did I end up doing?

I walked away and headed for home.

You know, maybe I'm beating myself up for it more than I should since they seemed to have gotten help but I can't shake this feeling like I should've done something. Like I could've at least comforted them or...I don't know. Something other than to walk away. I tell ya, everyone likes to think that they'd step up to the occasion when the shit hits the fan and my failure to act makes me wonder if I'm as good as I think I am. I don't know. I can't seem to shake the thought.
    Don't let it get to ya too much, bucko. I had a similar experience 4 weeks ago. I was driving to the airport (so on a strict time limit) and i saw....vertical headlights? It turned out to be one of those cricket-trucks that haul all the cars on the back, but flipped on its side billowing smoke. The dude was climbing up out of the cab as i passed (i almost hit the truck actually, it was a bit into my lane. This is just a country, 1-lane each way kind of road). There is no shoulder on PA backroads, so I couldn't stop as the guy behind me wasn't stopping either. The dude in front of me did a U-turn up ahead and I made it to the airport on time. Someone will help these folks, and if you're that panicked about it, maybe it's best that you distanced yourself and didn't get involved? How's the nephew by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Turkeys are good! I wish I could personally thank them for some great Christmas dinners. Sorry it was overall a crappy time! Better luck next time I guess. I'll suggest taking some retro games. You can get really small systems with loads of ROMs. Throw in a few controllers and you've got some local multiplayer. (Hell, it's been so long since I've done that.)
    Turkey is for Thanksgiving, not Christmas my dude.
    Last edited by Zemekis; 16th November 2018 at 08:09 PM. Reason: NON-AMERICAN DETECTED
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

13. Like Starwind55 liked this post
    Disagree Mantis disagreed with this post
    Last Seen
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Thanks guys. What you said made a lot of sense. Though, I recall deciding against playing games that night just because I would've felt like a prick to just enjoy myself as if nothing happen. I dunno, I guess that's just my conscious going out of control a bit there.

How's the nephew by the way
    The niece is doing pretty well. My brother brought her up on Thanksgiving. She is almost one year old and is learning to walk. Kind of aggressive too since she throws a lot of stuff animals on the ground. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of person she is going to grow up to be >_>. Her crying gets on my nerves but that's just a hangup I have with babies in general. Beyond that, Thanksgiving went pretty well. Learned that my Father got a new job. This is good since he's been unemployed for awhile. He's working at the local Best Buy. I was kind of concerned with how well he would handle the black friday crowd given his age but he didn't seem to mind it. He's been doing radio sales for many, many years where he had to do meetings, worry about quotas and deadlines and had to deal with some stressful folk. I think he's just happy to do a job where he just works and then goes home and not have to think about it for the rest of the day.