lordhazanko
    Wong
    SO READY FOR STARSHIP BOOMERS

Name:  1547215626150.png
Views: 14
Size:  1.22 MB
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Physical copies of games are far superior to digital copies

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 12:30 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Slightly late posting this, but that was a great film night. I hope we can do more of the same and even throw some games in the mix. Friday and Sunday will be fine for me this weekend. If plans change maybe Saturday, but I'm pretty sure this is how it'll be. Feel free to throw in some suggestions. I always liked Riddick as a series (not to mention the fantastic video games) and the first one, Pitch Black, is my suggestion. There'll probably be more and I encourage you to submit your own.

Also, there's a small chance I already watched Pitch Black with Starwind. I know I watched it with one online friend quite some time ago.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Today 12:31 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    We didn't watch Pitch Black. I remember seeing that movie when it first came out a long, long time ago so my memory of it is a bit fuzzy. I wouldn't mind checking that out again, not to mention I haven't seen any of the other Riddick movies so that would be interesting to check out as well. As for my suggestions...well, I got a lot so it's hard to choose from. It depends what you fellas are in the mood for. If you want action, we need to check out Hard-Boiled as that's one of the best action movies ever. That or Lethal Weapon. If you want an intentionally funny movie, there I would suggest either Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels or Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang (The latter being a criminally underrated movie and extremely funny). I'd even throw in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans if you want to see Nic Cage flip his shit again.. If you fellas want schlock to get pissed drunk and laugh at, I would recommend that live action Guyver movie, Meet The Feebles, or Strike Commando. For something more serious, I would say Manhunter, Heat, or Sunshine.

I was think we could throw in some anime too, the only problem is, if we do a series, it would take us awhile to get through. Perhaps we could alternate between weeks where one week we watch a movie while the next week we watch some episodes? It could work but I'll let you fellas decide. If you were up for it, I was going to suggest El Hazard. It's a really good series that I think you'll enjoy...that, and you need to see why Mr. Fujisawa is one of the greatest anime characters ever to be conceived.

I'm free on Fridays and Saturdays for the most part so that's no problem for me. Some Saturdays I might be out with my buddies but I'll let you know if something like that occurs. These have been a tremendous amount of fun so I hope that we'll keep this A-team of ours going!

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:47 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    @ Starwind, I haven't even heard of any of those movies except for Lethal Weapon & Hard-Boiled. And despite knowing OF those two, I haven't seen either. Everything you listed there is a shot in the dark for me so it's up to you guys if we decide on a movie. I like shitty campy stuff to laugh at most, probably....but I would like to catch up on any classic action movies that I need to see as well.

I like the idea of a rotating anime schedule, but with how rarely I can attend these weekend things I don't know if that's a good idea? If we do watch an anime (i'm fine with tying the one you suggested) I'd like to watch Serial Experiments Lain or some other such 90's stuff. We need to make a list.

@Mantis, I vaguely remember Riddick...I think I may have seen one of the movies but I don't remember a damn thing. Have you guys seen any of the Blade movies? I always thought it was funny how he wears a bulletproof vest for fighting Vampires.

Alternatively, could we watch a spooky movie? There are tons of classics I haven't seen yet, although I did go through a horror movie phase from age 15 - 20 and watched maybe 120 of them. I'd like to see the original Japanese Ringu, Last House on the Left, The Mist, Cujo, Pulse, The Witch, Dumplings, etc.

Last Seen
    Today 12:31 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Oh man, I got so many action movies we could watch that it would take me forever to list them. I picked those since they are a good place to start and I did talk about showing Mantis Hard-Boiled at one point so I'm sure that's still on the table. The anime situation might be a bit trickier if you have things that come up with. I want to see what Mantis would suggest. Maybe we could do like, 2 episodes and then a movie or would that be a bit overkill. I'm all for Serial Experiments Lain as I've never seen it before.

Fuck yes we should watch Blade. I love the shit out of the first movie so I'd love to watch it with you guys. I'm down with spookier movies too, The Witch in particular. It's been something I've been meaning to see for quite sometime but never had the chance to watch it. That one would be the one I'd be most interested in but I'll let you folks decided.

Last Seen
    Today 12:30 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Hmmmmm...

So many great ideas, not enough days in a weekend. We could decide this with some kind of vote. At least that makes things easier. We could also combine that with taking turns, but I dunno. You've both submitted a lot of films so it's hard to pick from them. As for anime, Serial Experiments Lain is a great one so I'm on board. However, it does take patience since it does go against the grain quite a bit and starts a little slow.

I'll post more film ideas tomorrow. (It's a bit late.) Also, I have seen Ringu. I think a lot of people like it because it's the original and it's Japanese, but to be perfectly honest it's a little overrated. I don't think it's particularly better than the American release which is also fairly mediocre. (This is a classic case of hating on a western adaptation because it's a western adaptation.)

I've seen a fair share of horrors, including Japanese. It really depends what you're looking for there. Do you like jump scares? Are you more of a fan of films that aren't really scary but have a more solid narrative? Or do you love films that are just bloody disgusting? I think I've got you covered whatever your choice.

Edit: I've actually seen El-Hazard and it's a brilliant anime. Man oh man, if we watched that how many other films or shows should we watch with bug armies?
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:47 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    I'm for the combo idea Starwind had. 2 episodes of an anime and a movie. That being said....im pretty busy both Friday and Saturday so you'll need to let me know what time you guys are thinking.