ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 12:41 AM
    Wong

Is weather getting worse?

A lot of people debate this topic all the time. They say with all the hurricanes and such hitting places these days, it is getting worse and part of the blame is global warming. What is your take on this?

I am on the fence. While some storms have been bad, we have has MANY bad ones in the past too, like 50+ years ago. I don't think they are getting worse so much as they are happening more frequently which is kind of just as bad.

Last Seen
    24th October 2018 06:27 PM
    Wong
    According to scientists and meteorologists our weather is getting worst yearly due to global warming, the Antarctic ice is melting due to the greenhouse gasses produced by fossil fuel used in vehicles and various industries and eventually this will lead to a global catastrophe, well I really don't believe in what scientists are saying, what I believe in is that the earth experiences a cycle of cataclysmic events like ice ages, asteroid strikes and warm periods while it travels around the sun which travels around the milky way. It's a new theory.

3. Informative KorinKitty thinks that this is informative
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi2020 View Post
    According to scientists and meteorologists our weather is getting worst yearly due to global warming, the Antarctic ice is melting due to the greenhouse gasses produced by fossil fuel used in vehicles and various industries and eventually this will lead to a global catastrophe, well I really don't believe in what scientists are saying, what I believe in is that the earth experiences a cycle of cataclysmic events like ice ages, asteroid strikes and warm periods while it travels around the sun which travels around the milky way. It's a new theory.
    I hadn't heard all of this. I will have to look it up. I know I am not the only one noticing these weird pattern changes. Where I live has never been "stable" in a sense but we are getting such huge shifts it is hard to keep up.

Last Seen
    24th October 2018 06:27 PM
    Wong
    Here would you believe that we've lost a season, 20 years ago we lost the fall season or widely called here as windy season, it's the time after the rainy season, windy season also signals the holiday or Christmas season because of the cool winds blowing non stop.

The Windy season usually begins in August and lasts until the end of October. After that it's the Christmas season or cold season then the summer and the rainy season again.

Nowadays we only have 3 seasons left. Summer from March to June, Rainy season from July to October, and Cold season from November to February. I miss the Windy season it's my favorite season when I was a kid growing up

Last Seen
    7th April 2018 10:54 AM
    Wong
    When we talk about climate change, it means changes in long-term averages of daily levels of temperature and rainfall in general. So we may see a change in average or typical weather over a number of years. Tough we can still experience extreme and bad weather in any one year.

Last Seen
    Wong
    I wanted to revisit this thread. When I made it a year ago, the weather was odd around here but now it seems to be more "normal". Like we should be getting snow in a week. When I was growing up we almost always had snow by December but the last 3 years, it would hardly be snowing at all until it was like January.

Last Seen
    Today 02:06 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Well that's global warming for you, lol. Over the past few days the weather's been so boring here. Once again I'm complaining about the weather. We seem to be getting snow less often in Britain too. I'm just glad I experienced some white Christmases as a kid. I get the feeling they'll be a thing of the past in the near future.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Well that's global warming for you, lol. Over the past few days the weather's been so boring here. Once again I'm complaining about the weather. We seem to be getting snow less often in Britain too. I'm just glad I experienced some white Christmases as a kid. I get the feeling they'll be a thing of the past in the near future.
    Well for us, it is shifting back. I know a lot of people look at the polar caps for showing evidence of global warming but they are beginning to increase in size again. There is a fluctuation pattern that happens with the earth where it heats up and then cools off and I believe it has to do with survival mechanics. Similar to how our bodies heat up when we are sick to rid the illness. There is actually no hard scientific backed evidence to solidly prove global warming is a threat.

You can see some of the numbers here: http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11/...mmit-in-paris/

I find it all interesting. I think there are different things going on here and they are mislabeling it and misleading people for some reason.

Last Seen
    Today 04:19 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    I don't know where you guys are at, but we've had hella rain in PA this year (record-breaking, if i'm not mistaken) and we just got like 6-8" of snow yesterday. Global warming is a hoax, confirmed.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"