ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 01:42 AM
    Wong

Do you prefer true-to-life anime or more fictional anime?

There is a decent amount of both but the fictional side seems to have a lot more to offer.

I have watched a bit of both but as with other animated series (cartoons, ect) I prefer a break from the real world. I don't seem to enjoy the true-to-life anime as much as the fictional, sci-fi, ect based stuff.

What are your thoughts? Which do you prefer?

Last Seen
    7th December 2017 03:44 AM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    I lean more for the fictional just to get out of the mundane. Most of my first anime I watched were sci-fi and fantasy mostly because 90's anime was mostly that, but I do enjoy the slice of life anime as well. Now, the newer anime doesn't interest me as much now because I'm in my mid 30's and most of anime is now aimed at teens to early 20 somethings. I guess that is why I liked Gate: Thus JSDF Fought There because I had more in common with the MC and its high fantasy elements.
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

Last Seen
    Today 02:51 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I'm cool with either. They both have their really good stuff. Though admittedly, I kind of wish we got more action shows that are set in the present like Gunsmith Cats or City Hunter. We might get a show like Jormungand once in awhile but when we get action shows it usually fantasy or sci-fi.

Last Seen
    10th December 2017 07:11 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I like both. Slice of Life are usually true-to-life, and I enjoy a lot of SOL. But for shoenen, I prefer fiction. If I'm going to watch a shoenen, I want crazy impossible powers and strength lol. That fantasy let's you escape reality, which is a major reason most people watch anime.

https://www.twitch.tv/hippieharris<--My friend's Twitch channel (I'm usually there with other friends)

Last Seen
    7th December 2017 04:41 PM
    Wong
    I think I'll have to go with fictional. I'm kind of that way with all things that I consider pure entertainment (like books, games, movies too, etc). While true to life stuff can be interesting, I just find fictional anime and other entertainment to be more creative. Of course, there is usually still something it's based off of that may correspond with real life stuff. Most writers, write what they know. It's where they start anyway, and get more creative from there.

Last Seen
    Today 01:42 AM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamesha View Post
    I think I'll have to go with fictional. I'm kind of that way with all things that I consider pure entertainment (like books, games, movies too, etc). While true to life stuff can be interesting, I just find fictional anime and other entertainment to be more creative. Of course, there is usually still something it's based off of that may correspond with real life stuff. Most writers, write what they know. It's where they start anyway, and get more creative from there.
    Yeah that is how I feel about it all. Gaming far from reality is something that has always appealed to me. Likely why I got into WoW when I did. Haven't played it in years but I loved it when I did. All my top favorites in terms of Anime have "real" qualities to them but then they throw in fictional places, powers, people (non-human) and I find myself being drawn into the world.