ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 12:41 AM
    Wong

Having an issue with DBS...

So if any of you have watched dragon ball z and are currently following dragon ball super, you will notice something. There is an constant increase in power. In DBZ, it was more gradual. The build was slower and when it happened, it was a bigger deal. When a fighter reached a new high level, it was mind blowing.

Now in DBS, it seems like it is happening too fast and too often. I am having an issue grasping this. Like for me, it almost takes away from the show. I am enjoying it, don't get me wrong, but how much more powerful can these guys get!? Goku is nearly as strong as the "gods of destruction"! I don't know.. Maybe they are doing this for a reason. I am just not a fan of it.

Last Seen
    4th May 2018 07:11 AM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    I think DB should have ended with the Cell saga. A nice ending as it was starting run out of steam, but nope Majin Buu happened and then (grinding teeth) the abortion known as Dragonball GT. I feel Super is Akira Toriyama way retconning GT because he made it well known he had nothing to do with it and hated it. Super is just a continuation of the joke made back when DBZ was still running. How powerful does Goku need to be anyway. To be able to beat up God? At this point DBS and DBZ Kai are just background noise on my Saturday nights.
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

Last Seen
    Today 01:43 PM
    Wong
    That's how it always was in Dragon Ball; new baddie appears who's even stronger than the last, Goku and friends go through the usual training motions to reach their level, but really Goku's the only one who can actually beat them since everyone else is useless and irrelevant. And the power level ceiling will continue rising as they keep milking it, and they'll keep milking it until the end of time or until the series stops turning a profit, whichever comes first. I think they're already at Marvel/DC levels of ridiculously overpowered characters.

Last Seen
    Today 12:41 AM
    Wong
    Well since posting this, it has continued and while I was confused by it, I don't have as big of a problem with it because I zone out the power reality. It does make sense that they will keep milking it but at the expense of the anime and ruining it, seems unfair. I will wait and see what happens at the end of this saga before I give my full say on it. It has had some great episodes and some that just were not needed.

Last Seen
    27th April 2018 10:19 AM
    Wong
    Dragon Ball Z was a great series but the rest after that both GT and Super were a bit off my taste specially GT, well Goku needs more powerful opponents after beating up cel and majin boo, so now he needs to battle gods. I'm just curious what kind of opponents he'll be fighting a couple of years from now?