ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 02:29 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong

Qigong/Tai chi/Martial Arts?

A few weeks ago, I found out that ny philosophy professor, who is originally from China, teaches Qigong. I and a few other students began to practice with her, and j have started to feel much healthier than I was. I feel more loosened up, more relaxed, and I have a general feeling of good health and calm spirits. She also gave me a package of Chinese tea which is quite delicious. I drink about four cups per day. It's gotten me to stop drinking soda so much, and I hope I can lose some weight while I continue practicing Qigong.

So, does anybody else here practice any martial arts, hard or soft? Also, does anybody here drink Chinese teas, and what kind of teas do you suggest or recommend? The variety my professor gave me is a green tea called Bi Luo Chun.Name:  image-20180131_113828.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  59.3 KB
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:37 PM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    I practiced judo for two years, kendo for one year and (if that counts) archery for 2 years.
    Never overestimate mankind.

Last Seen
    Today 02:29 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Huh. Nice.
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

Last Seen
    13th August 2018 06:32 PM
    Wong
    I practised karate with my dad for a couple of years as a child but didn't take it as seriously back then. I'm currently doing Muay Thai.

Last Seen
    16th October 2018 05:41 PM
    Wong
    I recently started reading about Tai Chi and want to get into it. It is very beneficial for the body and it helps repair it. I would love to see what it can do for overall strength too.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 02:58 PM
    Wong
    Yeah, I attended several tai chi chuan and qi quong seminars in the past its a form of chi manipulation through movement meditation and visualization, like practicing kata in karate or doing western shadow boxing. It's also like transcendental meditation but Tm is Still Meditation, but it's purpose is the same which is to reach Alpha and build up Chi or Internal Power through Visualization.

I studied and practiced different meditation techniques when I was studying traditional Shotokan and Isshin-ryu Karate, Arnis and Western Fencing.