ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 03:42 PM
    Wong

Anyone celebrate Valentine's Day?

I am curious if anyone does. I don't. At first, I didn't like it because I was one of the people who never got anything "cute" in high school. I was ignored and grew to hate the day. As I got older I became indifferent of it because to me, it is just a corporate holiday where people feel they NEED to spend money on their girlfriend, wife, etc. I guess some women do get things for men on this day but it is mostly about the women.

I have only ever gotten something on this day maybe 3 times, none of which were expected. I am just not a fan of days like this. I don't much care for Christmas for the same reasons. It is more about spending money on people than spending time with them.

Last Seen
    Today 08:28 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    It's been a long time since I've been in a relationship, but I do recall eating out with girlfriends on Valentine's Day. It was pleasant. That was it really. It didn't need to be extravagant. Just a date at a mid-class restaurant. Come to think of it I probably also got a bouquet of flowers. I was still an adolescent at the time.

Nowadays I probably wouldn't care that much about it. I think it's for the best that a couple doesn't bother with it. Everything's more expensive on Valentine's Day so you're better off treating yourselves on the upcoming weekend.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    18th September 2018 05:24 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I don't feel the need to really celebrate romantic love when I'm not romantically in love with anyone.

And I agree that St. Valentine's Day is over-commercialized, but what can you do about it nowadays? The best you can aspire to do about it is to stop spending money pointlessly as a means of showing your lover you care for them. If you need to spend money on food or flowers to prove your love, then your love must not be strong enough. To me, love is a bond that is forged over time out of mutual passion. If you have to revive the flame with pricey gifts, don't stoke the fire any longer.

(Sorry if this sounded a little depressing; I tend to philosophize on topics like this.)
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

Last Seen
    7th September 2018 03:32 PM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    When is it again ?
    Never overestimate mankind.

5. You're Winner! KorinKitty thought that this post's writer are winner!
    Last Seen
    Today 03:42 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post
    When is it again ?
    I want to assume you did that because you asked on the day of, which I found funny. lol

As for the other replies - Those are very good points. It is overly expensive. I read that people spend over 15 billion collectively every year on people for this one day. I can't imagine what people spend on Christmas. And yeah a relationship shouldn't need this kind of validation. It is more about showing off to others than it is about two people who love each other anymore.

Last Seen
    7th September 2018 03:32 PM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    Wait is was that day ?
    ... ok.
    I always forget this day, guess why.
    Never overestimate mankind.

8. Like LtSurge liked this post
    Last Seen
    5th March 2018 07:09 AM
    Wong
    I've been married for 15 years already and my husband and I still celebrate valentines day but with my kids. Actually last February 14, 2018, we had dinner in a restaurant and my husband surprised me with the help of my kids. They gave me gifts and flowers and valentines cake. It was corny but it makes me feel loved and happy.

10. Like LtSurge liked this post
    Last Seen
    31st August 2018 01:06 AM
    Personality
    twilightsuzuka
    Wong
    If/when I have a special someone, I think it's best we don't do anything on the actual day Valentines is on, because there are usually too many people. I prefer not to deal with obnoxious crowds of people I don't know when I'm trying to spend quality time with someone. Quiet evenings preferred