ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 03:43 AM
    Wong

Are sports less appealing today?

Maybe this is down to people having various interests but I see a lot less people who are die-hard sports fans in comparison to just 10 or 20 years ago. I am talking about people my age and younger. So "millennials" and below.

I am not sure if this is just something I am personally seeing less of because I am not a fan of any anymore or people in general are losing interest.

Thoughts?

Last Seen
    10th February 2019 02:13 AM
    Personality
    ronaldmacdougall
    Wong
    Me personally, I never really had a strong interest in sports since middle school. But being less appealing for the general public? I think it has steadily grown for certain sports than others. If you go by the amount of money or the number of fans they bring in like American football and soccer. I don't know the stats to say otherwise.
    We are all insane, we just act normal for the sake of others.

3. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Idolo View Post
    Me personally, I never really had a strong interest in sports since middle school. But being less appealing for the general public? I think it has steadily grown for certain sports than others. If you go by the amount of money or the number of fans they bring in like American football and soccer. I don't know the stats to say otherwise.
    Maybe it is just me then. I can see your point about some growing more in fans. It seems like the NFL is losing more and more fans every year.

Last Seen
    1st January 2019 08:25 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Idolo View Post
    I have to agree with Lord-Idolo on this one. It really just depends on the sport. There was an earlier thread you made Korinkitty, concerning whether or not wrestling is a sport. In my opinion, it is and one thing about WWE is that its fanbase only grows larger as the years go by. I can't say the same for soccer and other sports. I have felt the loss of interest in these sports too.

6. Informative KorinKitty thinks that this is informative
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieranlewix View Post
    I have to agree with Lord-Idolo on this one. It really just depends on the sport. There was an earlier thread you made Korinkitty, concerning whether or not wrestling is a sport. In my opinion, it is and one thing about WWE is that its fanbase only grows larger as the years go by. I can't say the same for soccer and other sports. I have felt the loss of interest in these sports too.
    I guess this is true when you look at it that way. I really never did. I am sure all sports will always have fans but the interest for many will sway. I have seen some people watch but not be as invested, I guess this is the same for WWE fans.

Last Seen
    17th December 2018 04:39 PM
    Wong
    It's not that sports are not as influential today, there are just more options now. In this day and age of digitalization, I notice Millenials are more into e-games and e-sports. They prefer to stream events online instead of watching a game of football live in the venue.

A cousin of mine (high school) rarely goes outside, locks himself in a room and play online games all day and night during summer vacation. If we talk about sports like basketball, he hardly says a word, but when we talk about DOTA 2, he's fired up and engaged and has a lot of things to say like having chili in his pants.

Last Seen
    9th December 2018 02:30 PM
    Wong
    They never been appealing to me, one: I was never brought up on sports, and two: fans are so toxic, sure not everyone but still.