• Do frequencies influence emotions?
  • Do frequencies influence emotions?

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 08:51 PM
    Wong

Do frequencies influence emotions?

I was reading this blog post someone did, I think it was from 2013. I will have to try to find the link.. Anyways they suggested that certain music/songs use certain frequencies in order to make the listener feel something more strongly. A lot of times sad songs run at a different frequency than "happy" ones or songs meant to pump you up.

I don't know much about this nor how these frequencies effect the brain but I found it interesting. What do you guys think?

Last Seen
    5th April 2019 04:09 PM
    Wong
    I don't even know what "frequency" means concerning music. All I know are radio frequencies that radio stations use hehe. I'll try to do a Google search since it got me curious too. Thanks!

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:24 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    I don't even know what "frequency" means concerning music. All I know are radio frequencies that radio stations use hehe. I'll try to do a Google search since it got me curious too. Thanks!
    You don't know what sound frequency is? I thought that was pretty common knowledge. This might give you a basic understanding:

When we get older we become unable to hear certain frequencies, and some people just naturally can't hear a lot of frequencies.

As for the thread topic, I guess what you're (KorinKitty) referring to is a dopamine rush at specific frequencies? Well, I wouldn't say it isn't plausible but I've never considered this. It would make sense given how so much modern "factory-produced" music relies on the same beats and melodies, which is something we discussed in the past.

Heh, maybe I'll ask my neurologist what he thinks next time I see him.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

4. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    5th April 2019 04:09 PM
    Wong
    @Mantis, thanks for sharing the Brightside video, I like the fun facts part.

Now I know what frequency is, its the speed of the vibration, and this determines the pitch of the sound. In my understanding, it's somehow like the loudness or softness of the audio or something like that. I did a Google search yesterday since it got me curious. The term is not that familiar to me, so thanks.