ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 01:23 AM
    Wong

Top 100 is unrecognizable

I recently looked at the top 100 songs in the US and aside from a few names (like Drake) I don't know who any of the people are let alone the songs. I stopped listened to the radio years ago and if I listen to anything I go on Pandora or find a live radio hosted on YouTube. I also noticed a lot of the artists are rap/hiphop related. Not exactly my cup of tea.

Anyone else not keeping up with current music?

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 07:43 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    >inb4 "born in the wrong generation"

I've never liked pop music. I call it "plastic" music, because each song fits into the same mold as the one before and the one after it. Same ideas, same musical structure, same chords, same everything, really. Nothing in them is new or different. And that's a damn shame, because jazz and classical--my two favorite genres--are the exact opposite. Jazz and classical are endlessly inventive and unique. Have you ever heard John Coltrane or Dave Brubeck's long-form improv pieces, or listened to a fugue by Bach or a symphonic movement by Mahler? They're amazing to listen to and analyze.

But that's just my view on things.
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....