Thread: Just my luck.

ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    3rd August 2018 05:51 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong

Just my luck.

Man, this is great. I don't think I've seen a proper OLS forum since the early 2000s, and here this one's been around for years and I never thought to check. I don't think I can express how happy I am about this without sounding like an old man, so I'll just say I'm happy to be here.

It's a pleasure to meet everyone, and just reading a lot of these introductions tells me that I'm surrounded by a lot of like-minded fans, here. It's great to have an open forum to chat about what is, to this day, my favorite anime and probably my favorite sci-fi adventure series.
    These days I don't get a lot of chances to ramble on about things I feel as passionate about, and most of my friends aren't the biggest fans of the series, so it's a fruitless endeavor to try and wrangle them in to my fanboy chatter. Not to mention just the feel and layout of this forum really brings me back to the early days of fan-forums and the like, so I already feel right at home.

With that blu-ray release in NA so recently, I'm hoping to get a chance to meet a lot of new and old fans here, as well as just some genuine people to chat with. Either way, stupid happy to meet y'all. Cheers.
    "You keep bringing Turok into this. Knock it off."

2. Like LtSurge, KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 06:23 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Welcome to our forum. I hope you enjoy your stay!
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

Last Seen
    Today 06:03 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Hey there! Glad to have you aboard. I agree it's great to have a more old-school forum like this. I remember going to various fan forums in the past years myself so it's really cool that something like this is still around. And no worries about feeling like an old man. Some of us are older than you think.

Anywho, I look forward to your posts here. We have probably one of the friendliest communities around so I think you'll be comfortable here.

Last Seen
    3rd August 2018 05:51 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Yeah, I've noticed that. Everyone here seems real welcoming without being too uptight, which is such a rarity in this day and age. It's a pleasant change of pace from what I do see a lot of, online. Lots of pleasant, but insightful discussion with a genuinely well-knit community. I'm sure I'll fit in just fine.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to keep as active as I can.
    "You keep bringing Turok into this. Knock it off."

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Hello there Ginose! New members are a rarity lately so this thread was a pleasant surprise, by such a big Outlaw Star fan no less! Don't worry; I know a great deal of us here are old men.

I'm sure you'll like it here. Indeed, niche forums are few and far between nowadays. And like you said, things are usually less friendly and community-driven online. Especially with social media ironically (which played a huge role in forums' near-extinction), but I'll stop there before I start babbling about that again. Feel free to ramble about whatever you like though. Actually, our Outlaw Star forum is looking a bit scarce lately.

As a side note, it seems you're the first (on the forum at least) to get the Hazanko test result. I hope you enjoyed it.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Today 03:13 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Hey, Ginose! It's great that you found this place! Hope you enjoy your stay!

https://www.twitch.tv/hippieharris<--My friend's Twitch channel (I'm usually there with other friends)

Last Seen
    18th April 2018 06:14 PM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    Welcome welcome!

Glad to have you here!
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear fate." - Narrator

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

This was a good idea Mantis.

Last Seen
    13th August 2018 01:56 AM
    Personality
    twilightsuzuka
    Wong
    I know what you mean about the internet forum culture and layout. Those were some of the reasons I joined.

This really is a good place. I may pop out of existence ever so often, but I find myself coming back over and again. Mantis does a good job maintaining it

Last Seen
    Yesterday 07:31 PM
    Wong
    Welcome! Yeah a lot of older animes tend to have closed forums or dead forums. There is a nice amount of active people here though.
    I thought it was great when I found it as well. It brings me back to my childhood in a way. Hope you enjoy your stay here

Last Seen
    28th May 2018 12:21 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I am sure you will find your own reasons for staying here, but I'll let you in on mine anyway. The Outlaws here are very welcoming, and almost immediately you join OLS, you feel like part of the family. Unlike most anime forums, you can discuss any topic on your mind, provided you post it in the right section. Welcome buddy!