ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

What did you think of Angel Links?

I've gotta be honest; I only gave it a serious watch once. That was back when I was a university student and I remember being very busy, so I didn't have a lot of time for anime. I'm not sure I actually finished the show as it really started to drag later on. It's more of a shoujo, whereas Outlaw Star is mostly seinen, and I feel it lacked Outlaw Star's depth. Another thing I remember is its reliance on sex appeal. Now I'm not saying Outlaw Star didn't have any of that and I'm sure as hell no prude, but there certainly wasn't a sixteen-year-old girl with ginormous breasts that are almost popping out. If that's not enough, she stuffed her flying cat inside them.

That aforementioned protagonist herself, Meifon Li, also put me off the show because of her personality. She often seemed argumentative and feisty and often complained, which sort of reminds me of Aisha Clanclan. Everybody loves Aisha and her way of winding up the crew in Outlaw Star, but unlike a character like Hilda, a show about her just wouldn't work. Her personality is just a bit too volatile, and that's how I felt about Meifon.

The good news is that I'm giving Angel Links another go, and I also enjoy receiving some insight into how the Space Forces operate. I'm a few episodes in. The above opinions are based on my past (and rather old) experiences, and who knows, maybe they'll change. The thing that sucks is that I really, really want to like Angel Links. It was like Takehiko Ito's pet project as unlike the Outlaw Star anime adaptation he was the mastermind behind it, and if there's one creator I respect the most, it could be him. However, like how people didn't like the ideas behind his proposed Sword of Wind OVA, maybe the anime format is simply something he was never suited to.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:08 AM
    Wong

What did you think of Angel Links?

As a spin-off of Outlaw Star I thought they would at least bring back the Outlaws so that was a disappointment. Although I did love the amazing space battles and sword fights.

Last Seen
    Today 12:48 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    I've been on the fence about watching it. I'll have to check back here and see what you think about you're second watching, as i'm quite busy and don't know if I wanna commit.

Also, my first post here after lurking for months!

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Last Seen
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I stalled for a little while but I'm going to resume Angel Links soon. Also, welcome to Outlaw Star Nexus.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    13th August 2018 06:32 PM
    Wong
    I went in with low expectations and was still disappointed. The characters were paper thin (I struggle to think of a single character's name or personality besides Meifon's) and the story completely went off the rails towards the end.