ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 05:41 PM
    Wong

"Kid friendly" anime not always "kid friendly"

I noticed quite a number of anime series that are considered or thought to be for kids or at the very least, "kid friendly" and when you really think of it as an adult.. A lot of them really shouldn't be watched by kids at all. I think most animes are better suited for 14+ as far as age range goes yet I do know of some kids under 10 who watch a lot of them.

What are some anime series that are considered for kids/kid friendly that shouldn't be?

Last Seen
    12th October 2018 02:34 PM
    Wong
    There are some Anime which are kid friendly like Doraemon, Kikis Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro. Others look like Animes for kids at first but as the story progresses it either becomes violent or contains a lot of sexual innuendos one such anime is No Game No Life and Kenichi which both has provocative sexy scenes.

Last Seen
    Today 03:43 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I think it's a cultural thing. What's acceptable for children's broadcast in Japan is not always what's "acceptable" in America. Plus, there's a big history of moral puritanism and busybodying that is unique to America. As Helen Lovejoy puts it:
    Name:  reverendlovejoyshouldgetadivorce.gif
Views: 35
Size:  4.46 MB
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

4. Funny Mantis found this post funny
    Last Seen
    12th August 2018 01:15 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Feel like Barakamon would be a kid friendly series but then a questionable scene squeezing a censored sea cucumber came up on ep 5 that would likely 180 that decision.

"(21:31:30) Kokirininja: will she notice the globs of glue....?
    (21:31:56) TheMachetejoe: Nope! I'm as stealthy as a mouse...on bear adrenaline."
    "(18:42:32) Hannah: I like to giggle when I sit in chairs."
    "(19:46:20) lloydSSJ4: I was contemplating my similarities with Fred Luo, while making a sandwhich."
    Referring to Spammers
    (23:27:52) Mantis: I'm thinking of banning the whole of the Philippines from the site.
    (23:27:56) Mantis: The whole bloody country.
    (23:28:05) Mantis: Because that's where most of the parasites come from.

6. Like LtSurge liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 04:56 AM
    Wong
    It depends on what kid-friendly means. The kind of violence that's allowed. The age, language preferability, religiosity, and gender matters quite a lot too.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 05:41 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    It depends on what kid-friendly means. The kind of violence that's allowed. The age, language preferability, religiosity, and gender matters quite a lot too.
    I would say kid friendly being minimal to no swearing, fighting/battles are okay with minimal blood, and next to no sexualization. Like if I had an 8 year old who wanted to watch anime, I wouldn't want it to be overly sexualized, heavily violent, and filled with cursing.