Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 05:41 PM
    Wong

When bad people make "good" lives

I noticed just in my general scope of people I have known or family members, there are people who are quite frankly awful human beings. They lie, use people, hurt people, steal things, etc. yet some of these same people have "good" lives. They don't tend to struggle with money and have everything material wise that they want or need.

How does one explain this? Like if you take religion or spiritual beliefs/ideas like karma out of the equation, how does this happen? You can say the same for really nice people getting very sick or ending up homeless.

2. Like aceout001 liked this post
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 01:04 PM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong

Or if you want religion in it :

Never overestimate mankind.

4. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by S1LVERST@R35 View Post

Or if you want religion in it :

I guess this about sums things up then. lol I mean I know some people who do good things have good lives and those who do bad, have bad lives but it always made me wonder.

Last Seen
    Today 05:45 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I think first of all your life is determined by the hand you're dealt. Some things are completely beyond your control, be it some kind of health condition that's seemingly a case of bad luck (or if it's hereditary, in which case not your fault anyway), or some kind of crisis caused by external factors. Suddenly this "God" isn't what "He's" cracked up to be and you end up in a world of shit. Good or bad, people's quality of life is primarily uncontrollable.

But before I go off on too much of a tangent, "nice people" are easily taken advantage of. Perhaps paradoxically, it's the existence of good people that creates bad people. It's a bit of an equilibrium as they balance each other out. If you're a good person you might end up miserable, because sadly a lot of people see life as a competition. If they can they will take advantage of you to further their egos and general quality of life.

The way I see it, beyond the primary causes I mentioned first, those most likely to be unhappy in life are the doormats, pushovers or people pleasers. What's important is to find a middle point between being one of those and being an asshole...
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think first of all your life is determined by the hand you're dealt. Some things are completely beyond your control, be it some kind of health condition that's seemingly a case of bad luck (or if it's hereditary, in which case not your fault anyway), or some kind of crisis caused by external factors. Suddenly this "God" isn't what "He's" cracked up to be and you end up in a world of shit. Good or bad, people's quality of life is primarily uncontrollable.
    You actually made me think of something. There was this quote that was like life is 10 percent of what happens and 90 percent of how you handle it. I think in this sense, even if a person has been given a raw deal, they can choose to still have the best quality life they can and also be happy for the experience of it.

Though I tend to see more pessimists than optimists these days.

Last Seen
    13th October 2018 01:35 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    Being an awful person probably comes along with being decently assertive, aggressive, or at least lacking in self-awareness. This could lead to big business/life moves that a more docile, traditional 'nice' person wouldn't undertake? I presume that whether or not you include religion in the equation it's just sort of random luck as well. Some people just die as miscarriages or as infants before getting to even live a good or bad life. From a religious angle, I think you're supposed to have faith through the good and the bad and just take it in stride. If not...then it's just random dumb luck, but your actions are your own and can just help your odds yet never guarantee success. There's always a chance that these people living good lives with awful personalities could die tomorrow in a car crash. I don't know if there's anything beyond speculation we can dig into here.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Last Seen
    12th October 2018 02:34 PM
    Wong
    Well some people can be downright evil, they steal, lie, scam and take advantage of the weak just to earn money and get rich, it's their nature. While others are quite the opposite they are good natured, have morals and fair. Where ever there's darkness there's always light and vice versa that's the nature of things, good and evil exists in the world and there's a constant battle going on. Sometimes good wins while sometimes evil gets the upper hand. I believe in Karma which is being taught in almost all religions. Do good and the universe will reciprocate your goodness, do evil and it would come back to haunt you.

Last Seen
    9th October 2018 07:23 AM
    Personality
    twilightsuzuka
    Wong
    "The good die young, but pricks live forever!"
    ~Lewis Black

11. Funny KorinKitty found this post funny
    Last Seen
    Wong
    There is something else that comes to mind as well and that is that only a true psychopath could be a millionaire. Like in the business sense because you have to be willing to screw people over and not show remorse for it. Some people get there without this but the richest people in the world, the business world anyways, are always deemed slightly off mentally. Many of them are highly intelligent though.

Last Seen
    28th August 2018 05:25 PM
    Wong
    The thing is the so called evil people might be living a luxurious life but deep down they are the saddest terrestrial creatures. You can never understand someone's life until you walk in their shoes.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, life sucks! There no good or bad people, only weak people who are afraid to fight for what they believe in.