Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:31 PM
    Wong

Where would you go in time if time travel was an option?

This is one of those topics that is more of a creative thinking/fantasying than reality so keep that in mind.
    Let us say time travel became a thing and you were given the chance to go back in time (or forward if you choose) without any repercussions and only altering something directly by choice, where would you go and what would you do?

Last Seen
    Today 11:13 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Nice thread idea. Hmmmmmmmmmm...

If it was just a one-time deal kinda thing I'd probably go the future to see how badly we fucked everything up.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Today 06:05 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Probably medieval Europe. I've always had an interest in the middle ages so it'd be fun to see it up close. Granted, I'd have to make sure that I dress the part and hide any modern devices so people don't think that I'm doing evil satanic powers and try to burn me.

Last Seen
    Today 05:24 PM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    I'd like to travel back to ancient Greece and the Roman Republic to immerse myself in the foundations of Western civilization. It would be an amazing achievement.
    A boy has the right to dream. There are endless possibilities stretched out before him....

Last Seen
    25th July 2018 04:30 AM
    Wong
    To the 2000's, baby. (00-09) A nostalgia thing more than anything.

Such a special time to me personally. Technology was the best it ever was, without being too advanced, y'know? Particularly the internet. It felt like a Wild West back then. You could drift along and find like 10 new sites you'd never seen before, and you never knew what you would get. Felt more tight-knit. Back when people would create content for the heck of it and not money/ads, Flash games, youtube videos, you name it. It's not the same anymore. I'd love to mess around on it one last time.

Edit: Hell, even this forum reminds me of the 2000's haha! I think that's part of the reason I love it!

Last Seen
    Today 06:29 AM
    Wong
    22nd November 1963, Dallas, Texas... stand on the grassy knoll, and shout duck.

Last Seen
    Today 11:13 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by SeeYouSpaceStarwind View Post
    To the 2000's, baby. (00-09) A nostalgia thing more than anything.

Such a special time to me personally. Technology was the best it ever was, without being too advanced, y'know? Particularly the internet. It felt like a Wild West back then. You could drift along and find like 10 new sites you'd never seen before, and you never knew what you would get. Felt more tight-knit. Back when people would create content for the heck of it and not money/ads, Flash games, youtube videos, you name it. It's not the same anymore. I'd love to mess around on it one last time.

Edit: Hell, even this forum reminds me of the 2000's haha! I think that's part of the reason I love it!
    Why didn't I think of this? The 2000s rocked. Well, I harp on about forums' gradual decline on an average of once every two months (probably) but I think in the first half of the 2000s they were a fantastic thing. To put it bluntly, back then people on the web gave a shit about each other. Because we didn't have social media (okay, MySpace came in around 2004 but nobody cared at that point) most people who knew each other IRL kept to either e-mail or instant messaging. Nearly everybody in online communities were strangers to each other, but many of them ended up good friends. I joined a number of forums and often had a great time. On small/medium-sized boards (unlike boards like IGN, yada yada) everyone seemed to know each other. Now thanks to social media like Friendface and Tw*tter, instead of getting to know like-minded people on the web, the average person is more concerned about how many people "liked" the picture of their cupcake or other narcissistic pursuits.

And yeah, people can say what they want about Flash games, but man, they were fun as hell back in the day. Now nobody cares. Just take a look at the OSN arcade! In the latter half of the 2000s we indeed got YouTube and it was a much better place. None of the stupid drama or the fake prank channels. Sometimes I play my "favorites" playlist on YouTube from the end where all those old videos are.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    25th July 2018 04:30 AM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Why didn't I think of this? The 2000s rocked. Well, I harp on about forums' gradual decline on an average of once every two months (probably) but I think in the first half of the 2000s they were a fantastic thing. To put it bluntly, back then people on the web gave a shit about each other. Because we didn't have social media (okay, MySpace came in around 2004 but nobody cared at that point) most people who knew each other IRL kept to either e-mail or instant messaging. Nearly everybody in online communities were strangers to each other, but many of them ended up good friends. I joined a number of forums and often had a great time. On small/medium-sized boards (unlike boards like IGN, yada yada) everyone seemed to know each other. Now thanks to social media like Friendface and Tw*tter, instead of getting to know like-minded people on the web, the average person is more concerned about how many people "liked" the picture of their cupcake or other narcissistic pursuits.

And yeah, people can say what they want about Flash games, but man, they were fun as hell back in the day. Now nobody cares. Just take a look at the OSN arcade! In the latter half of the 2000s we indeed got YouTube and it was a much better place. None of the stupid drama or the fake prank channels. Sometimes I play my "favorites" playlist on YouTube from the end where all those old videos are.

Dude, totally! It's nice to see someone that can relate. Seriously, it felt like it was just for the users, and people just looking to have a good time. I think once businesses/advertisers etc. realised just how big it can be, they totally killed it with social media. and even with Youtube. Seriously, you can find so much stuff about how websites are designed deliberately to take advantage of your brain and keep you clicking. It just feels.... soulless, you know? Old sites may have looked shitty, but there was a charm to it, people making websites just because they love a certain thing and wanna share it. I try something reddit, but it's not the same. I can't remember a single persons name there, and they don't remember me. And it's just like you said, in forums you could always make some friends because of a common interest.

Seriously, I must've spent months of my life just playing Flash games I would go on Newgrounds and play one of those Anime Sim dating games and think I was the top shit hahahah. Still so crazy that some of those games were so well made/animated for a random free game you would find online. I still play flash games rarely out of nostalgia, but I would think most of the talented dudes would want to make an Indie game instead and put it on steam.

Man, but don't get me started on Youtube. It's a shell of itself now. It's silly to me how this stupid fake drama shit gets billions of views, while lots of talented creators sit without much. It's too difficult to find them cause Youtubes stupid algorithm never recommends em' to you. I'm not gonna say videos were perfect back then, but you could definitely tell when a creator was having a blast making it. Ads and sponsors definitely destroyed youtube. "Oh I can make money here? Let me put out this stupid clickbait or "news" video." Like dude, come on. It's a joke now.

Sorry for the ramble lol, but it feels good to talk about this stuff.

Last Seen
    7th September 2018 10:52 AM
    Wong
    Probably same place as where I am now about 20 years ago. I'm going back in time with a long list of lottery winning numbers.
    This would let me cash in billions in winnings.

Last Seen
    Today 06:29 AM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakashi2020 View Post
    Probably same place as where I am now about 20 years ago. I'm going back in time with a long list of lottery winning numbers.
    This would let me cash in billions in winnings.
    Yeah, but the powers at be may come after you if you win too often.