ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 09:38 AM
    Wong

Zombie apocalypse or aftermath of a nuclear fallout?

Which would you rather be in?

Last Seen
    Today 03:33 AM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Probably the zombie apocalypse to be honest. Both are horrible situations to be in. In both scenarios those you love could all die before you know it. As for yourself, the worst case scenario is being gnawed at by a horde of zombies with no way to retaliate. However, if you manage to get out alive, at least you can blow your head off without returning as a zombie.

Unlike zombie apocalypses, nuclear fallout isn't fiction and I've read a fair deal about the horrors of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Just the thought of essentially being a phantom with all of your skin and eyes melted off, just walking around aimlessly but still with some consciousness (unlike the zombie scenario) and feeling pain that morphine couldn't touch is truly horrific. Even if you weren't unlucky enough to be close enough to not die but become that disfigured, there's a good chance you'll still witness that unimaginable level of horror if you venture outside.

It's highly unlikely that you'll have a shelter, and most makeshift solutions won't really do that much good. Unless you're far outside of the radius, odds are you'll die a painful and slow death from the radiation anyway.

Something good about zombie apocalypses? Well, humans are still humans. Outside of your daily struggles against the masses of zombies, if you find a community you can live a sociable life, and enjoy the fresh air and sun. But once a nuclear bomb goes off (especially with the strength of today's nukes) the larger surrounding area will face a nuclear winter. It'll be freezing, all vegetation will die off, it'll be dark all day and night and you'll be lucky if you don't die of dehydration or starvation.

So with all that in mind, definitely the former choice.

Also, an old but gold fictional film (basically what could have happened if the Cold War turned out differently) which features some of the things I mentioned, like a nuclear winter.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Today 05:26 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Neither

On top of both of them being completely overplayed tropes (Especially zombies. Don't get me started on that trend!), they are also a shitty way to go with either side having little to no benefits. Sure, in a zombie apocalypse you can at least have a shot at rebuilding society and in a post-nuclear wasteland you might be lucky to do battle with bandits riding around in badass vehicles complete with a leader that has a thing for being dramatic as fuck...

...but aside from that, it's basically comes down to being eaten alive or dying of starvation/radiation poisoning/resorting to cannibalism. You might as well ask me if I'd rather have aids or cancer.

Last Seen
    Today 09:38 AM
    Wong
    So, what 'better' scenario than zombie and nuclear fallout? Just to make it more interesting.

Last Seen
    Today 10:53 AM
    Personality
    harrymacdougall
    Wong
    Our societies collapsing on themselves, the pinnacle of capitalism and division.
    A global economical and political breakdown highlighting the great mistakes of our systems.
    The disgrace of a humanity that went too far in its fantasies and is brought back to reality.
    This is in my opinion the best and most likely type of ending.