ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 03:21 AM
    Wong

More women buy consoles than men

So I was looking at random technology stats and as of 2015, in the US, more women bought gaming consoles than men. I am sure buying these for their kids factors in to this, but still. With all the crap going on with the nutty feminists against gaming, one would have to consider this. Why would the gaming industry want to piss of the people who tend to buy their products the most?

I just thought this was an interesting stat is all. Wanted to share

Last Seen
    Yesterday 05:48 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Yeah, as soon as I read the title I thought it would be because of kids. Mothers tend to handle decisions surrounding children more often than fathers do, so I think getting little Timothy "that ecks bawx one he's always harpin' on about" will usually be the mother's choice. I don't mean to offend gamer women though. They're certainly increasing every single year. There used to be some kind of stigma, like girls would be tomboys if they played video games a lot, but that seems to have faded away in recent years and being a "geek" can sometimes even be fashionable. (I have no idea why this has happened. Only a decade and a half ago I was bullied for being a hardcore gamer. )
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

3. Like TheGhostOfSabotage, KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Wong
    When I was growing up, like ages 10 to 20 basically, I would hide that I played video games, liked anime, and enjoyed spending time on a computer. It was something that was as you said, viewed badly by most. Now you see it everywhere. People are all about gaming, anime, computers (though those are still 50/50).

5. Like Mantis liked this post
    Last Seen
    Today 02:41 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    If I recall, an old statistic from the 00's stated that 80% of consumer purchases are made by women. That's probably gone down as more women enter the workforce in the USA at least and shop less in comparison to men.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers

Last Seen
    Yesterday 04:20 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Why would the gaming industry want to piss of the people who tend to buy their products the most?
    I'm so sorry for asking, but what exactly did the gaming industry do to piss off women regarding buying gaming stuff? I'm not aware of it.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 05:48 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by NoviceNinja View Post
    I'm so sorry for asking, but what exactly did the gaming industry do to piss off women regarding buying gaming stuff? I'm not aware of it.
    I'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question. They wouldn't do that because it wouldn't make sense, also making radical feminists' attitudes towards the game industry even more nonsensical. (If it's possible to surpass infinity.)
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

9. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was a rhetorical question. They wouldn't do that because it wouldn't make sense, also making radical feminists' attitudes towards the game industry even more nonsensical. (If it's possible to surpass infinity.)
    Pretty much this. It wasn't meant to say that all women get upset but some do and they are openly against it. It just seems silly for the gaming industry to bite the bullet for women who don't even buy their games or consoles and make those who do suffer for it. Even if they don't directly play on them themselves. Plenty buy them for their children or boyfriends/husbands.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 04:20 PM
    Wong
    Quote Originally Posted by KorinKitty View Post
    Pretty much this. It wasn't meant to say that all women get upset but some do and they are openly against it. It just seems silly for the gaming industry to bite the bullet for women who don't even buy their games or consoles and make those who do suffer for it. Even if they don't directly play on them themselves. Plenty buy them for their children or boyfriends/husbands.
    I think it's far-fetched to believe that those women who buy consoles for their kids or boyfriends are offended of what the gaming industry is trying to imply to female gamers. Heck, they might not even know that such thing exists.