ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Yesterday 10:04 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong

Streets of Rage 4

I'm a pretty big Streets of Rage fan but I only just discovered this news. Those of you who know me on Steam might know that I play Streets of Rage Remake from time to time. However I choose to play it, I'll never get bored of Streets of Rage. But what about Streets of Rage 4?

I'm not quite sure what to think about this. It seems I'm not the only one when I look at different comment sections. Well, my first impression of the trailer is that they've done a pretty good job of it. It also seems that Yuzo Koshiro might be composing the soundtrack which is fantastic news. However, as others have highlighted the art style has taken quite a drastic turn. It really depends on how much of a fan of western comic book styles you are, but I must agree with the opinion that it looks a bit like a Flash game. I'm not saying it would look a lot better as pixel art, but I think it would look better than this. Now if they could find some kind of halfway point, that would be perfect. This art style isn't inherently bad, but I hope it doesn't lead to laziness. I did prefer the anatomically correct older styles.

With the art out of the way there isn't that much to comment on yet. We literally only got a few seconds of gameplay and I'd doubt much more has been coded than a very early prototype. It could go either way. I just hope the franchise is in good hands and DotEmu isn't just trying to capitalise on a success story like Sonic Mania.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:51 PM
    Wong
    I have never actually played any of these games but this one seems a lot different from the other ones just based on the video.

I do like the art style of it but I can see why people who have played the other ones don't know how to feel. The classic appeal is kind of lost there.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 06:49 AM
    Personality
    jimhawking
    Wong
    Why did they give Axel a beard? It just kind of makes him look like a homeless bum. Aside from that, it looks decent. I agree the flash game like graphics does make it look cheap. I wished that they went with a different direction with the graphical art style. Still, the combat does look like fun and getting the composer back is a huge plus. Still, I'm going to wait until I hear from word of mouth on whether it turns out good or not.

Last Seen
    Yesterday 10:04 PM
    Personality
    genestarwind
    Wong
    I guess they did it to emphasise how it's probably set several years after Streets of Rage 3, maybe? I don't think it's a good look either. I think sticking with 2D was the best choice, but they should have kept the art similar. By that I don't mean going with pixel art again, but using proportionally similar sprites, similar colour palettes, etc. Instead we've got a comic book palette with only a few colours and chunky characters. They could have still made it work with both 2D and HD.
    Gene: "Have faith in me guys, enjoy the ride—you're in good hands. I can handle this. I can do it!"
    Jim: "How do you know?"
    Gene: "I don't!"
    Jim: "I knew it."
    Gene: "That's okay. There's a first time for everything!"

Anime and Steam info

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last Seen
    Yesterday 11:47 PM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    It looks kinda like an iOS game. I'll be giving this one a pass, but to be fair i am not involved with the series whatsoever so i have no stake in it.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Physical copies of games are far superior to digital copies