ProfileAchievementsGamer StatsInventoryLikes List
    Last Seen
    Today 01:01 AM
    Wong

When will we make it to Mars?

I know there is a lot of information and plans out there about humans taking their first step on Mars but I am not sure when it will happen. I think they are expecting it to be done by 2030, possibly sooner. When do you think it will happen? Will we ever colonize it?

Last Seen
    9th December 2018 02:30 PM
    Wong
    I thought there were plans for 2020.

Last Seen
    17th December 2018 04:39 PM
    Wong
    If we can send a couple of human beings on mars unharmed and with enough resources, that will be the most significant achievement in space exploration. Elon Musk said it could be achieved by 2024.

Itís possible. Thereís no way it canít be done. Getting it done by 2024 seems a bit ambitious, but Elon Musk has defied the odds before so Iím sure he can do it again. Those who believe they can change the world are the ones who do. I think humans will most certainly be on Mars before 2030.

4. Like KorinKitty liked this post
    Last Seen
    10th January 2019 05:39 AM
    Personality
    hoticehilda
    Wong
    This right here is a topic of discussion I enjoy very much.

I'd love to say that making it to Mars will happen by then, and am a believer in what Musk is trying to do. However he seems to be getting shafted as of late, check out this article: https://www.space.com/42093-air-forc...umman-ula.html

Personally, I feel like Musk wants to empower the average person to be able to venture into space by severely cutting the costs of launching < long-term goal. However, I fear with his companies on the decline as of late, the future of space exploration will be left in the hands of the government instead of the people. There can be a lot wrong with that needless to say. The world is kind of against him as of late, and personally I would hate to see him give up his dream based on the actions of a few.

There are lots of issues with getting into space. If the science behind this interests you, check out Isaac Arthur's youtube channel here. Specifically the 'Upward Bound' series, although ALL of his videos are amazing!

However, I think as a species it behooves us to put resources towards this endeavor. Our planet will give out eventually. But honestly before that happens, I fear the more present danger is that we may do each other in. I do not wish to see this, nor for the generation coming in front of us to have to deal with it. There is a gap that has to be bridged before we can begin exploring other planets, but I truly do believe we will be one of the privileged generations alive to see it come to pass.

Thumbs up if you grew up watching Star Gazers on PBS as a kid! Sorry for the lengthy post, but umm...I'm kind of passionate about this topic.
    If you want to grant your own wish, then you should clear your own path to it. - Okabe Rintarou

Last Seen
    17th December 2018 04:39 PM
    Wong
    The field of science should be free of politics in every country. We should send people to Mars instead of sending people to war. How about we make an international organization where every company from different countries will engage in one mission - MISSION MARS.

Nevertheless, no matter what others say, I believe Elon Musk will make it possible. He is just merely motivated, and I am a big fan of the guy.

7. Agree Alchytect agreed with this post
    Last Seen
    Today 03:24 AM
    Personality
    lordhazanko
    Wong
    No way it's happening by 2020, even though it was supposed to. I'd estimate 2040, and if things go poorly, 2050.
    "Out of the ground, raze all greenery with flame! Fire2!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starwind55 View Post
    It deals with a demon virus that transforms people into freaky looking fuckers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Physical copies of games are far superior to digital copies